IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Talk > Idners Clubhouse

Idners Clubhouse Idners Clubhouse is the place to hang out & chill when you just feel you've searched for IDN Domains a tad too much. General offtopic conversation. Please don't post SPAM here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th August 2007, 11:28 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Anyone tried any of these new fangle browsers?

Anyone who uses the internet uses a browser even though most people couldn’t tell you what it is. For the record, it’s the software – usually ready installed when you buy your computer – that enables you to view web pages. About 90% of new computers come with Internet Explorer software as standard, but it’s not the only option, nor is it always the best.

A new generation of browsers, which can be downloaded free of charge, offer features such as tabbed browsing – keeping many web pages open simultaneously in one window – and the ability to keep track of news headlines from favourite websites without having to visit them.

Remember, you can also download several browsers and use the one that’s most useful for whatever you’re doing.

BEGINNER’S TIPS

Related Links
Hot links
Don't Panic
Some readers will be using Internet Explorer (IE) 6. It is pretty basic but still there are some tricks you can perform. For example, did you know you can block the pop-up ads that appear on certain sites by going to Tools and clicking on Pop-up Blocker?

To open a link to a web page in a new window without losing the one you are on is easy. Either right click the link and choose Open in New Window in the pop-up box, or hold the shift key down while left clicking the link. See tinyurl.com/l3893 for a list of tips.

BROWSER OPTIONS

The new browsers offer far more powerful features than IE6.

Downloading them is easy: simply head to the addresses below and click Install. An icon for the browser should appear on your desktop – double click on it to open it up.

The first new contender is Firefox (www.getfirefox.com ), which is less likely to crash than IE and offers a vast library of easy-to-install add-ons. If it does crash, Firefox remembers the pages you were looking at and takes you there when you restart the browser.

Microsoft has released a new version of IE, called Internet Explorer 7 (www.microsoft.com/ie7 ). It has many of the features of Firefox and is probably the most versatile browser in terms of compatibility with websites. It comes loaded on the latest PCs or you can download it free of charge.

Finally, Opera (www.opera.com ) is the most feature-packed of the three and even includes an e-mail program so you can read your latest messages without having to open Outlook.....

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/...cle2320526.ece

Old 30th August 2007, 02:58 PM

xxbossmanxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xxbossmanxx Send a message via MSN to xxbossmanxx Send a message via Skype™ to xxbossmanxx
Re: Anyone tried any of these new fangle browsers?

Duck are you a RSS bot?
Old 30th August 2007, 04:47 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbossmanxx
Duck are you a RSS bot?
No, just because I try not make a complete arse of myself, doesn't mean I am not real.

I was just trying to humorously make the point that the mainstream press is picking up on the fact that there are alternative browsers out there. I thought this would be of general interest to most here. I obviously didn't connect with your sense of irony, but I can't say I am unduly disappointed on that one.

I am working for a Agent of the Highways Agency at the moment and have our IT administrator sat across the desk. They have no current intention of migrating to Vista, but they are now start to convert people to IE7. Interesting, but somehow I have a feeling it is going to complicate my life again. My last experience of IE7 was not a good one.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 30th August 2007 at 07:50 PM..
Old 30th August 2007, 07:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to xxbossmanxx Send a message via MSN to xxbossmanxx Send a message via Skype™ to xxbossmanxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
No, just because I try not make a complete arse of myself, doesn't mean I am not real.
I would rather be around a real person that doesnt mind making an arse of themselves than a fake or superior type anyday. I'm still not convinced you are not a bot :p
Old 30th August 2007, 07:51 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbossmanxx
I would rather be around a real person that doesnt mind making an arse of themselves than a fake or superior type anyday. I'm still not convinced you are not a bot :p
Well, I have to say that most of the time you achieve it quite admirably.
Old 30th August 2007, 07:53 PM

Ha, nice TY sir. I try my best to keep the cosmos in check.
Old 30th August 2007, 09:00 PM

burnsinternet is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw the listing 'Roast Duck for sale' and now RD sounds suspiciously similar to a bot....

Can someone run by RD's house and make sure he is OK?
Old 30th August 2007, 09:35 PM

mdw is an unknown quantity at this point

Olney, could you please create a sub-forum for "mind-numbing pollution" stuff like this so-called article? I actually suffered a net loss of information reading this.