IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Talk > Idners Clubhouse

Idners Clubhouse Idners Clubhouse is the place to hang out & chill when you just feel you've searched for IDN Domains a tad too much. General offtopic conversation. Please don't post SPAM here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd September 2007, 07:18 PM

xxbossmanxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xxbossmanxx Send a message via MSN to xxbossmanxx Send a message via Skype™ to xxbossmanxx
New Hi tech G absorbent walls save my cousins life...

A fun off topic post for your viewing pleasure...

http://www.nascar.com/video/busch/20...ml?MostPopular

My family owns nascar teams, my dad was an old time winston cup driver. The crash is my cousin brad who drives for dale earnhardt JR. normally you have a solid chance of dying here but the new HI tech walls saved him.

Maybe RD is right, being in a nascar family make me a redneck? :p Ah well, how many rednecks get invited to a white house dinner.
Old 2nd September 2007, 07:21 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough
Re: New Hi tech G absorbent walls save my cousins life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbossmanxx
Ah well, how many rednecks get invited to a white house dinner.
Well when it's a redneck hosting it then I guess the chances are pretty good .. :p
Old 2nd September 2007, 07:27 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
A fun off topic post for your viewing pleasure...

The crash is my cousin brad who drives for dale earnhardt JR. normally you have a solid chance of dying here but the new HI tech walls saved him.

fun video :o

I've seen those racing cars, it's like driving a steel bar cage, so they normally get away with crashes, but i know that trauma injury can be incurred in a crash, the type that leads to neck pain, do drivers get away with that?
Old 2nd September 2007, 07:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to xxbossmanxx Send a message via MSN to xxbossmanxx Send a message via Skype™ to xxbossmanxx

True that!

Whats ironic about the crash is that dale's dad died the same way and then these walls were invented because of it. Now brads drives for dale jr and is saved by them.
Old 2nd September 2007, 07:32 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Maybe RD is right, being in a nascar family make me a redneck? :p Ah well, how many rednecks get invited to a white house dinner.

Pulling a shotgun off the gun rack to shoot rattlesnakes while driving your pickup down a dirt road can also qualify... :-)

Old 2nd September 2007, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Can't see the video. I guess rednecks only have windows computers?
Old 2nd September 2007, 07:46 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert
Can't see the video. I guess rednecks only have windows computers?
Works fine for me with mplayer-plugin.

Old 2nd September 2007, 07:57 PM

Ah dont be all high and mighty against IE Drewbert I used to try to go the linux way since I code and wanted to be a level above the masses. I am def anti AOL but as for IE, it is a great browser and all the rest copy it. The security loopholes that windows and IE have are only due to the fact that they are the most common used.

If mac or linux etc became mainstream they would have all of the same security issues.
Old 2nd September 2007, 07:59 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Ah dont be all high and mighty against IE Drewbert I used to try to go the linux way since I code and wanted to be a level above the masses. I am def anti AOL but as for IE, it is a great browser and all the rest copy it. The security loopholes that windows and IE have are only due to the fact that they are the most common used.

If mac or linux etc became mainstream they would have all of the same security issues.
Which version of IE are we talking about. I had remove 7 because it wasn't working. Then it wouldn't reinstall. 6 well there is a laugh. New page new window!

Bottom line is that IE should new have been integrated into the Operating System. That in my opinion is the fatal weakness.
Old 2nd September 2007, 08:06 PM

I am running IE6 on XP. It is never a good idea to run up front with stuff like vista or IE 7 or Iphone V1.0 Wait for the stuff the get debugged and revised before jumping onboard.
Old 2nd September 2007, 08:08 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I am running IE6 on XP. It is never a good idea to run up front with stuff like vista or IE 7 or Iphone V1.0 Wait for the stuff the get debugged and revised before jumping onboard.
Yes, but MS are only half way through debugging IE6.

It is like sticking plasters on a piece of rotting liver!
Old 2nd September 2007, 08:09 PM

Quote:

Firefox is of the Mozilla codebase, which existed before MS even made a browser or delivered an operating system with a TCP/IP stack included.

IE, throughout it's lifespan, has always been the best example of how not to design a web browser. However, with little competition after unfairly putting Netscape out of business, there was little incentive to improve let alone maintain the thing - it remained unchanged for nearly 6 years.

I won't even get started on the windows operating system security holes... Suffice to say that Bill has always placed ease of use (catering to dipshits) above even a basic level of security. Of course this helps sales, any idiot can use windows...

Old 2nd September 2007, 08:26 PM

Ya you are right MJ. I still like MS though, dunno why. I shouldnt have said copied, more what I meant is the raw dollars and man power spent was mostly MS.

Heck I logged online in 1987 with an atari, Ive been thru em all. Maybe the 8 years I spent offline fishing in alaska I lost too much history to know what I'm talking about But I stand firm on not using the latest greatest stuff until its at least in it's 2.0 version.
Old 2nd September 2007, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Ya you are right MJ. I still like MS though, dunno why. I shouldnt have said copied, more what I meant is the raw dollars and man power spent was mostly MS.

Heck I logged online in 1987 with an atari, Ive been thru em all. Maybe the 8 years I spent offline fishing in alaska I lost too much history to know what I'm talking about But I stand firm on not using the latest greatest stuff until its at least in it's 2.0 version.

If a piece of software sucks horribly, doesn't work properly, and a new version is released, then of course it makes sense to try the new version as things can generally only get better.

However, if the software is working relatively well and a new version is released, then it is generally best to wait until you need those new features. Why do you think every major corporation in the world has told MS that they refuse to upgrade to Vista, even though MS tried to EOL XP? MS had to eat their words for corporate customers who have muscle, but they will still try to strongarm home users into upgrading. Corporate users won't upgrade because they've been using XP for a few years now and it is not seriously broken in their eyes - people can surf, check email and make powerpoints without crashes. No need to upgrade hardware, either.

I work in one of the largest tech companies in the world (about 60k employees). We are 100% IBM/Lenovo laptops. Do you know when the last time we seen a faster processor in our list of corporate laptops? Over 5 years ago. It's a 1.8Ghz P4 mobile with 1GB of memory and that runs XP just fine. Hell, my linux flies on it :-) Companies are over the constant hardware upgrades being tied to OS upgrades; they just won't put up with it anymore.