IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Sales Report

IDN Sales Report Post sales of IDN domains

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th September 2007, 04:22 PM

Fka200 is on a distinguished roadFka200 is on a distinguished roadFka200 is on a distinguished roadFka200 is on a distinguished roadFka200 is on a distinguished roadFka200 is on a distinguished road
Re: Snap Arabic Auction Sales Report $$

Coulda swore طب was another form of saying doctor. الدواء does mean "the medicine."
Old 10th September 2007, 04:27 PM

Muhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by markits
I thought I own Medicine/Drugs com -- الدواء.com. Wonder what the difference between mine and the snapped one.
they almost the same, what you have is "The medicine" and the snapped one is 'Drug' and the difference that snapped one also used as 'Realestate' as well.
Old 10th September 2007, 05:07 PM

ala101 is an unknown quantity at this point

1 : "medicine college"
2 : "medicine from pharmacy"

in 1 , the snapped idn (طب)
in 2 , the one u have , (الدواء) or (دواء)
Old 10th September 2007, 05:48 PM

dabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgy

This is what we would call, the funerals of Arabic IDNs.
This is unfortunately a confirmation of the decision taken by ICANN.

(non latin)IDN.ASCII= penny stocks of the domain market? Every stock exchange has it's own screaming duck and loosers. Or would you accept dialing with your mobile in both eastern Arabic and western Arabic numbers?

Good Night

DABSI
Old 10th September 2007, 05:53 PM

Fka200 is on a distinguished roadFka200 is on a distinguished roadFka200 is on a distinguished roadFka200 is on a distinguished roadFka200 is on a distinguished roadFka200 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabsi

(non latin)IDN.ASCII= penny stocks of the domain market? Every stock exchange has it's own screaming duck and loosers. Or would you accept dialing with your mobile in both eastern Arabic and western Arabic numbers?

Good Night

DABSI

If you're willing to liquidate, PM me.
Old 10th September 2007, 05:54 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

OK Dabsi, so put your domains where your mouth is and auction off your holdings her e and now or be recognised for the poisonous little scum bag you really are!
Old 10th September 2007, 06:36 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:

Good Night

DABSI

Good lord, woman, make up your mind. First you say that arabic IDNs are dying, dying, dead, then when I offer you $50 each for some of yours you call me crazy. They're not worth a penny, but they're worth hundreds of times $50. This defies any logic.

Split personality, chemical imbalance, perpetual PMS, what is it? Whatever it is, I bet the good doctors in Germany have a treatment; you should go and see one.

Old 10th September 2007, 06:54 PM

burnsinternet is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope that, some day, we will all be in the same convention hall or hotel. I really want to meet all of you in the same place some day. *sigh*

I do know that Dabsi holds a few REALLY GOOD Arabic dot coms. Regardless of what happens to idn.ascii vs idn.idn, she knows that they are worth money in any event. She won't let saudi.com go for less than xx,xxx.

I have heard the same opinion on Arabics from Arabic sources. We see Arabic ascii domains as twentieth century and out of touch. They feel that Arabic IDNs (currently idn.ascii) are history. Can someone tell me what they are talking about? Why the controversy?

This is an IDN forum, but I have not heard these opinions on this forum. I have heard it on other forums. I would love to hear the whole story if anyone can share it. No one seems to be willing to give the whole story. They just tell me to stay away from Arabics now. These people are not anti-IDN.
Old 10th September 2007, 07:08 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Good Night DABSI
The biggest Snap bidders were Arabic domainers.
And also, how about backing up your statements with a link to an article, ICANN meeting, or anything credible.

So, when is your Arabic IDN auction Dabsi? Time to put up or shut up seems to be the concensus.

Last edited by bwhhisc; 10th September 2007 at 07:14 PM..
Old 10th September 2007, 07:27 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Put up or shut up its that simple !
Old 10th September 2007, 07:43 PM

I would like to see something from someone on this. Again, I had heard this long before Dabsi brought it up. She hears about it from sources in a country other than the countries/sources I hear about it. No hard facts from anyone yet, though.

Could it have something to do with the June meeting in Dubai?

http://www.icann.org/topics/idn/meetings.htm

October 2007 ICANN meeting: http://losangeles2007.icann.org/

The meeting should prove particular important for the future of the network thanks to the main topics under discussion. Internationalised domain names will make the Internet more intuitive for billions of non-English speakers around the world. Likewise, new generic top-level domains may change the whole way we approach the Internet in the future.
Old 10th September 2007, 08:06 PM

Jerry, just let me know what you need. Any questions that you have PM them over.
Old 10th September 2007, 09:09 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fka200
Jerry, just let me know what you need. Any questions that you have PM them over.

Why not have it in public? Why is Nassar starting to drop his portfolio? Why is G listing it all for sale? When there is very little official news, actions like this make us all sort of skittish.

Old 10th September 2007, 09:33 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm
Why not have it in public? Why is Nassar starting to drop his portfolio? Why is G listing it all for sale? When there is very little official news, actions like this make us all sort of skittish.
Sammy has been gunning away for Arabic names at Snapnames, no doubt where he thinks they are heading.
G isn't selling out cheap, he just said that his portfolio is for sale but I think the number was $250k. And if he sold,
he would probably turn around and fill his boots with plenty more good ones at reg fee. Edwins Japanese portfolio
was also up for sale over the last year, but not sure if that is still an option.

Last edited by bwhhisc; 10th September 2007 at 09:48 PM..
Old 10th September 2007, 10:34 PM

I am not skittish, so to speak. I am just being realistic and, mostly, curious. I have only heard these stories about Arabic IDNs and not Japanese, Korean, etc.

You would think that the .kr and .jp type language-specific ccTLDs would pose more of a threat. That is why I wonder: Why Arabic? Spanish is multi-ccTLD but Latin. Arabic is probably the best example of a multi-ccTLD non-Latin script. Am I wrong?

Either way, my portfolio is heavily Latin and Cyrillic. Maybe 25% Asian and Arabic. I do love my Japanese and Arabic IDNs, so I really want to know what is going on.
Old 10th September 2007, 10:56 PM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
G isn't selling out cheap, he just said that his portfolio is for sale but I think the number was $250k. And if he sold,
he would probably turn around and fill his boots with plenty more good ones at reg fee.
what is the cheap asking price for my portfolio in your eyes feel free to appraise in public

check the current listing price of one my domains
http://www.xn--mgb5a8an.com/idnsforsale.htm

الاهلى.com 2,000$ alahli.com

overture is 8659 الاهلى

can you get any arabic name with that overture for that price nowadays ?!!!

movies.com alone is worth the asking price and people have eyes but they don't see.
Old 10th September 2007, 11:36 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

ICANN Blog:

مجلس إدارة الآيكان يقر خطة تقييم أسماء النطاقات الدولية

"Board Approves Plan Alaikan assess international domain names"

http://blog.icann.org/?p=187
Old 11th September 2007, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g
what is the cheap asking price for my portfolio in your eyes feel free to appraise in public
Gee, I was repeating that you offered up an "Asking Price" on your portfolio , but now seems you have retracted it.
My memory was the price of $250k = $250,000.00. But maybe it was $ 500,000.00
Either way, seems you have withdrawn your sales offer. And you are right movies/cinema is worth that alone (someday soon).

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/1284...-for-sale.html
Old 11th September 2007, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose
ICANN Blog:

مجلس إدارة الآيكان يقر خطة تقييم أسماء النطاقات الدولية

"Board Approves Plan Alaikan assess international domain names"

http://blog.icann.org/?p=187
Isn't this just the .test test?
Old 11th September 2007, 02:46 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Yes.