IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 域名

域名 Discussion for Chinese IDN domain names. Chinese domains include .cn, .com, & .net.
This section is for discussion only Please do NOT post Chinese domains for sale here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st October 2007, 06:31 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: This sucks. .cn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaplay
My guess is Touchring is correct (it is the city name part) - but if this is the case it has wide reaching implications for a few members in here (who have been collecting IDNs with city names within them).

My guess, but it could also be collateral damage. So as precaution, use different email and whois for your "most generic" .cn, better still, different account. :o
Old 1st October 2007, 07:13 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Yes, you need to ask Domainsite, who will then ask Neustar, who pass the query no to CNNIC who then write back to Neustar, who in turn diligently inform Domainsite, who then write back to you.

Come on lets all follow the Yellow Brick Road!

Quote:
List them here and we will give you an opinion

JamesZ - did you ever query / ask why these were deleted?
My guess is Touchring is correct (it is the city name part) - but if this is the case it has wide reaching implications for a few members in here (who have been collecting IDNs with city names within them).

Someone who has (if not all of you) should be asking for an explanation of why you had your IDNs cancelled.
Also it would be a good idea to ask CNNIC to clearly outline it's cancellation policy if you could (at least this might tidy up everyone's guesses on why things are being cancelled and make .cn safer as an investment).

Can some of you start querying?

Cheers - Asiaplay

PS: I have had none cancelled - so am unable to query at this point in time really.
Old 1st October 2007, 05:49 PM

zenmarketing is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not sure what kind of operation Neustar is running. I inquired with them several times about becoming an accredited .cn registrar and they never bother to reply.

I suppose they don't need the money?
Old 1st October 2007, 08:29 PM

Asiaplay is an unknown quantity at this point

Trying to think of the best approach for this... and understand if there is actually a case of IDNs outside of the list below being cancelled.

Of interest has anyone had IDNs cancelled which do not fall into this area...

1, the names, codes or English spellings of the states (regions) listed in ISO3166;

2, names that are temporarily not open to be registered due to technical reasons;

3, the full names and formal abbreviations of our governments and departments; names of the state leaders; and names concerning national defense and military;

4, the full names and formal abbreviations of the regional administration above the level of counties;

5, names of colleges and universities in our country;

6, some names of such media as the press and the radio or TV stations;

7, world cultural and natural heritage in our country;

8, well- known trademarks recognised by the National Trademark Bureau;

9, names of the companies that come into the market in Shenzhen and Shanghai

No. 1& 2 above are names forbidden to be registered; No. 3- 7 can only be registered as Internet Keyword by those organizations that are entitled to use them; while No. 8& 9 are to be reserved for 90 days by the registration management and obligees concerning these names can apply to register the Internet Keyword during this period.

I am looking for some examples (where people are fine if questions are asked and those IDNs are used as examples for discussion) - so please just because sex or other potentially political IDNs are not outlined above - please do not give me those types of IDNs as examples (as we all know why those would be cancelled).

I see there is a conference coming up later this month which will address a lot of these issues - unfortunately I can not be in Bejing at this time (will anyone be there)?
See http://dndrc.cietac.org/asia/programmeen.html

I used to have a friend who I think will be connected to this process and might be able to contact them for advise (on our behalf) and perhaps even raise some IDNs which have been cancelled for particular discussion at this conference.

Any takers (or do you all know why your IDNs were deleted and see the ones you held as too controversial to ask more questions on)?

Cheers - Asiaplay
Old 2nd October 2007, 12:37 AM

dusty is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Yes, you need to ask Domainsite, who will then ask Neustar, who pass the query no to CNNIC who then write back to Neustar, who in turn diligently inform Domainsite, who then write back to you.

Come on lets all follow the Yellow Brick Road!
I asked domainsite right away. All they would tell me is that CNNIC contacted them directly and cancelled the domain. Domiansite was ZERO help and a dead end road.
Old 2nd October 2007, 05:46 AM

Neptune is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I see there is a conference coming up later this month which will address a lot of these issues - unfortunately I can not be in Bejing at this time (will anyone be there)?
See http://dndrc.cietac.org/asia/programmeen.html

I used to have a friend who I think will be connected to this process and might be able to contact them for advise (on our behalf) and perhaps even raise some IDNs which have been cancelled for particular discussion at this conference.
It would definitely be nice to attempt to get some feedback from this conference, and some more insight into some of the IDNs that have been deleted. At some it only makes sense that they have guidelines in place, otherwise they are simply devaluing their own extension, as people will not want to risk building businesses on top of a site that may disappear on them.
Old 2nd October 2007, 08:37 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Trying to think of the best approach for this... and understand if there is actually a case of IDNs outside of the list below being cancelled.

Software.cn was deleted, but then, it might come under "national defense". :o

3, the full names and formal abbreviations of our governments and departments; names of the state leaders; and names concerning national defense and military;
Old 2nd October 2007, 09:40 AM

Asiaplay is an unknown quantity at this point

Touchring... yeah - agree... this is one IDN which fits the bill for discussion (as I see it, that decision was perhaps a little subjective) ... but the person who had it deleted by CNNIC needs to forward details and be prepared to open that for discussion (if not then remains an historical story we learn nothing from...

Also not sure if can really get these discussed at a conference like this (but we can try).

Cheers - Asiaplay
Old 2nd October 2007, 10:04 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Touchring... yeah - agree... this is one IDN which fits the bill for discussion (as I see it, that decision was perhaps a little subjective) ... but the person who had it deleted by CNNIC needs to forward details and be prepared to open that for discussion (if not then remains an historical story we learn nothing from...

Also not sure if can really get these discussed at a conference like this (but we can try).

Cheers - Asiaplay

There are quite a few discussion on this on chinese forums -

http://www.domain.cn/blog/?action_vi...tid_77072.html
http://cache.baidu.com/c?word=%C8%ED...f97&user=baidu
http://idnclub.com/archive/index.php?t-1648.html

btw, the domain is now "prohibted".
Old 2nd October 2007, 03:37 PM

JamesZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
JamesZ - did you ever query / ask why these were deleted?

Someone who has (if not all of you) should be asking for an explanation of why you had your IDNs cancelled.
Also it would be a good idea to ask CNNIC to clearly outline it's cancellation policy if you could (at least this might tidy up everyone's guesses on why things are being cancelled and make .cn safer as an investment).

Can some of you start querying?
Cheers - Asiaplay
Just send CNNIC an email? I do not think they will care to respond. Maybe they will.
I would like to do it if I know the right channel.