IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > General Domains > General Domain Names Discussion

General Domain Names Discussion For non Multilingual International Domain Name discussions. This is the place to post about normal .com .net .org .info .biz .us .tv etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th September 2007, 09:26 PM

mwbseiso is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to mwbseiso Send a message via AIM to mwbseiso Send a message via Skype™ to mwbseiso
Dictionary Word Appraisal

I just bought ORONYMS.COM. Any ideas of value?

Oronyms (or homophones) are words which sound the same. Generally the word homophone is used to describe one of a pair or group of words that have the same sound (like prince and prints; allowed and aloud), whilst oronyms are normally strings of words (phrases) such as iced ink and I stink.

Here are some more examples:

The good can decay many ways
The good candy came anyways

The stuffy nose can lead to problems
The stuff he knows can lead to problems

Ref:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oronym
http://www.fun-with-words.com/nym_oronyms.html
Old 27th September 2007, 09:44 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Re: Dictionary Word Appraisal

First I have heard of this, and I enjoy reading dictionaries. But, you may do well with a specialized site about this, if you have the passion to develop it.
Old 27th September 2007, 09:53 PM

mwbseiso is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to mwbseiso Send a message via AIM to mwbseiso Send a message via Skype™ to mwbseiso

That's actually what I was thinking of doing: create a site that defines oronyms and then lists classic examples. Perhaps even allowing users to make submissions and rate words, or tag them by theme............................ and then sell it to dictionary.com

At any rate, blast, thank you for your feedback.
Old 27th September 2007, 10:02 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Where have I seen a list of dictionary words dot .com available domains with OVT?! I guess it was here.
Old 27th September 2007, 10:04 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Take a look at http://urbandictionary.com/ for an example of how such a site can work.