IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd October 2007, 07:04 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Remember to renew your names, especially those you bought.

I saw on the chinese forum, they were discussing a $2000 name sold on this forum expired. I thought everyone should make it a habit to consolidate and check their names.
Old 3rd October 2007, 07:28 PM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough
Re: Remember to renew your names, especially those you bought.

I'm actually having problems keeping up. Renewal time is now, but the CC is maxed out!
Old 3rd October 2007, 07:30 PM

xxbossmanxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xxbossmanxx Send a message via MSN to xxbossmanxx Send a message via Skype™ to xxbossmanxx

Somebody paid 2k for a name here and let it drop? Man they either have too many names or too much money!
Old 3rd October 2007, 07:40 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbossmanxx
Somebody paid 2k for a name here and let it drop? Man they either have too many names or too much money!
Sounds like shanghai real estate dot com to me, but i'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fka200
I'm actually having problems keeping up. Renewal time is now, but the CC is maxed out!

I can help you out :-)

Last edited by jacksonm; 3rd October 2007 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 4th October 2007, 12:02 AM

IDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to IDNer

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
I saw on the chinese forum, they were discussing a $2000 name sold on this forum expired. I thought everyone should make it a habit to consolidate and check their names.
~ 澳门房产.com ~

Ref: http://idnclub.com/showthread.php?t=5227
Old 4th October 2007, 04:17 AM

Asiaplay is an unknown quantity at this point

Or check the market dynamics and size for the business area an IDN covers before 2K is spent on it perhaps.
Guessing this is not an accidental drop

But good point Touchring - if someone means to keep, it is a pity forgetting to renew is the reason an IDN is lost.

Cheers - Asiaplay
Old 4th October 2007, 04:24 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

So no money in Shanghai Real Estate then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaplay
Or check the market dynamics and size for the business area an IDN covers before 2K is spent on it perhaps.

But good point Touchring - if someone means to keep, it is a pity forgetting to renew is the reason an IDN is lost.

Cheers - Asiaplay
Old 4th October 2007, 04:51 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaplay

Cheers - Asiaplay

If you spent $2000 to buy, will you not renew for $6.99?
Old 4th October 2007, 04:54 AM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
If you spent $2000 to buy, will you not renew for $6.99?
He was probably forgetting they are not $38 a throw. :p
Old 4th October 2007, 04:56 AM

mgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
So no money in Shanghai Real Estate then?
Macau Real Estate, a much smaller market.

But still find it hard to believe it was dropped on purpose. Why not resell it on this forum, (where it had already sold for $2000), and there was another willing buyer, wanting to buy it for $2000.

Pity for the ex-holder of this domain.
Old 4th October 2007, 05:05 AM
Veteran

Well there is a lot of doom and gloom. Perhaps he was genuinely convinced they were worthless.

The ones that make me laugh are those that research domains you hold, contact you with lowball offers and then lecture you about the state of the market.

Domainers have a fucking nerve. Who would knock on your door asking to buy your house and then try to beat you into the floor because the property market is a bit flat. Of course in the real world you can always unleash the dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrohan

But still find it hard to believe it was dropped on purpose. Why not resell it on this forum, (where it had already sold for $2000), and there was another willing buyer, wanting to buy it for $2000.

Old 4th October 2007, 05:25 AM

zenmarketing is an unknown quantity at this point

This domain is obviously worth more than reg fee.

He should have sold it to me for $25.
Old 4th October 2007, 05:27 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmarketing
This domain is obviously worth more than reg fee.

He should have sold it to me for $25.

Maybe he preferred to drop it.
Old 4th October 2007, 05:28 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrohan

Small market. Yes, but isn't Las Vegas a small market also?
Old 4th October 2007, 05:31 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Small market. Yes, but isn't Las Vegas a small market also?
Yes, Vegas is even smaller in US dollar terms. Don't know about hard currency values.

I think if I was forced to spend three days at either of them, I would settle for Macau.
Old 4th October 2007, 07:07 AM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Domainers have a fucking nerve. Who would knock on your door asking to buy your house and then try to beat you into the floor because the property market is a bit flat.

Domainers are some of the greediest bastards out there; far too many believe that they will sell their "lovefrosty.com" for a million and go from rags to riches. Many of them would cut off their nose just to spite their face.

And then there are the ones who actually do succeed and end up mixing Diet Coke with $1500 a bottle - Louis XIII de Rémy Martin cognac...

Old 4th October 2007, 07:13 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm
Domainers are some of the greediest bastards out there; far too many believe that they will sell their "lovefrosty.com" for a million and go from rags to riches. Many of them would cut off their nose just to spite their face.

And then there are the ones who actually do succeed and end up mixing Diet Coke with $1500 a bottle - Louis XIII de Rémy Martin cognac...

Is that so, i thought mortgage brokers and even more so, hedge fund managers will use cognac to bathe. :o

When people earn too much, they go nuts.
Old 4th October 2007, 07:14 AM
Veteran

Perhaps deluded more than just plain greedy. Not surprising when you consider the gurus they listen to.

Rick, however, did make one valid point lately although he went on to draw a load of conclusions that I could not agree with.

He said that "time is measured in milestones not minutes". That is absolutely correct. What it means is that IDN prices will rachet up in big jumps rather than climb a steady ramp. You are either in before each milestone is reached or you are left to cry in your beer.

That only leaves you to work out what the milestones are and what you need to buy before we reach them.

Quote:

And then there are the ones who actually do succeed and end up mixing Diet Coke with $1500 a bottle Louis XIII de Rémy Martin cognac...

Old 4th October 2007, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Is that so, i thought mortgage brokers and even more so, hedge fund managers will use cognac to bathe. :o

When people earn too much, they go nuts.

http://frankschilling.typepad.com/my.../02/yummy.html

"I'm thinking to myself I just bought a six bottle case for $4800 (about $800 a bottle) and we're mixing it with diet coke."

OK, so he got a deal on it, but still it's a sacrilege to mix fine cognac with anything, diet coke absolutely being the worst of all.

Old 4th October 2007, 12:02 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:
Well there is a lot of doom and gloom. Perhaps he was genuinely convinced they were worthless.
Not the case here RD , the guys travels alot and obviously has a ton of domains and this just happened to make it through the net. It can happen to any of us !

Quote:
[url]

OK, so he got a deal on it, but still it's a sacrilege to mix fine cognac with anything, diet coke absolutely being the worst of all.

LMAO this reminds me of last week in the Spirits store, I picked up a bottle of Patron Tequila and was going to use it to make margaritas. The clerk behind the desk almost had a heart attack and lectured me for about 5 minutes on how sacrilegious it was to due such an thing and insisted he would not sell it to me. Then he took me back to the isle and made me buy Jose Quervo lol. Then when i was checking out finally the guy tells the other clerk " hey this guy is trying to mix Patron with Margarita mix " the other guy turns around and says " Thats like mixing Louis XIII with coke"

Last edited by thegenius1; 4th October 2007 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost