IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th March 2006, 01:34 AM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Lightbulb South-America Cities

Still lots of opurtunities. I just got:

CiudaddePanamá.net Capital!! Real Name in Spanish (Oficial language)
PanamáCity.com
MéxicoCity.net
NuevoLeón.net 3.3 Million People
Goiânia.net 1.2 Million People

Itaipú.com
Largest Dam in the world. Worth keeping?
http://wonderclub.com/WorldWonders/ItaipuHistory.html

Opinions?
Old 9th March 2006, 01:50 AM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road
Re: South-America Cities

You're going to have to educate me here as I don't understand spanish, and will analyze based on the numbers and results:

These two are winners.

A search for "Nuevo León" returns the official site as its first result of 7.8mm results.

Same goes for "Goiânia". The official brazilian site for the city is the first result of 7.6mm. You also get a 16k vote of confidence from ovt mkt=br.

This is a winner too despite the lowish SERP #:

CiudaddePanamá.net

- "Ciudad de Panamá" yields 242,000 results.
- tourist destination

I'm not bullish on these two:

PanamáCity.com

- why would a spanish speaking user type in mixed language PanamáCity and not CiudaddePanamá?

MéxicoCity.net

- CiudaddeMéxico would seem better.

Last edited by gammascalper; 9th March 2006 at 02:02 AM..
Old 9th March 2006, 02:50 AM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

You're right gammascalper, I guess I just couldn't resist because both panamacity.com and mexicocity.net were portals already, but you're right... in english language. I am deleting them.

More two:
sãojosédoscampos.com 600,089 people
São José dos Campos is a municipality and a major city in the state of São Paulo, Brazil and one of most important industrial and research centers in Latin America. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A3...%A9_dos_Campos

sãobernardodocampo.com and sãobernardo.net 773.099 people
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A3o_Bernardo_do_Campo

Last edited by jose; 9th March 2006 at 03:03 AM..
Old 9th March 2006, 05:52 AM

idnceo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose
Still lots of opurtunities. I just got:

CiudaddePanamá.net Capital!! Real Name in Spanish (Oficial language)
PanamáCity.com
MéxicoCity.net

Itaipú.com
Largest Dam in the world. Worth keeping?
http://wonderclub.com/WorldWonders/ItaipuHistory.html

Opinions?
Do you really speak Spanish, Jose? because i think some of your domains are more than worthless and let me explain you why, my spanish is not that good but anyway. Why did you pick up a PanamáCity or MéxicoCity? The fact you decided to call them City and not ciudad, means you want english customers right? So why the heck did you use the idn á in panama or é in mexico? If they search ciudaddemexico.com it may sense to put é ciudaddeméxico.com but since you chose city, it mades your domains worthless.

I speak japanese, so should i pick メキシコcity.com mexico city? 東京city.com tokyocity? what were you thinking?....
Old 9th March 2006, 06:14 AM
Veteran

IDNCEO, can't you read? It is explained above and before your post.
What i just don't get is why you took the time to write that...

And what does that has to do with me speaking Spanish or not?
I do indeed speak Spanish.
Old 9th March 2006, 06:20 AM

idnceo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

okay, i didnt read that one. I just saw the big mistake you made and i thought i should tell you.

I said if you speak spanish well, because thats a mistake non-spanish speakers can do when registering domains. Anyway im not spanish native speaker, perhaps im missing something...
Old 9th March 2006, 06:38 AM
Veteran

Ok. But you just can't compare it with メキシコcity!

In Latin languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French,...) we write José just as well as Jose.
Old 9th March 2006, 03:58 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:

if you spoke spanish well you would have registered the ciudad version... I know a little spanish and I would have never registered the city one.
Old 9th March 2006, 04:44 PM
Veteran

Cool Re: South-America Cities

What's the mater with you guys?
I think there’s too much competitiveness in the air.
Chill out. The cake is big enough for all.

Jeff: It is obvious that the Ciudad was already taken? Dah?
And Ciudad was not added by me because they are Spanish speaking cities, but because its part of the name, Ciudad de México and Ciudad de Panamá.
I was born in a little town in Portugal near the Spanish border. I do speak Spanish. ¿Qué quieres que yo escriba aquí, para probarte-lo?
Old 28th February 2008, 02:22 PM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammascalper
You're going to have to educate me here as I don't understand spanish, and will analyze based on the numbers and results:

These two are winners.

A search for "Nuevo León" returns the official site as its first result of 7.8mm results.

Same goes for "Goiânia". The official brazilian site for the city is the first result of 7.6mm. You also get a 16k vote of confidence from ovt mkt=br.
I found someone is viewing this thread. Out of curiosity, I clicked the thread link.

When I first regged Goiânia.com (Metro pop 1.9 mil) I thought the .net is worthless. Recently, I pulled together a list of geo names and found most 200,000 pop cities are gone with the dot net ext. It does seem that Goiânia.net is a worthy domain now. BTW, I do get offers now and then to Goiânia.com from people live in Goiânia. I guess I need a minimum $xxx now to buy the net. Jose?
Old 28th February 2008, 05:02 PM

Absalon is an unknown quantity at this point

Fun old thread

What kind of traffic are you guys seeing on these today?

One of my Brazilian cities with some 300k population is getting over a hundred visitors a month now, it has picked up a lot lately.
Old 28th February 2008, 05:46 PM
Banned

TonyP is an unknown quantity at this point
Amo ver una buena lucha.

Amo ver una buena lucha.
Old 28th February 2008, 08:30 PM
Veteran

Re: Amo ver una buena lucha.

This is almost 2 years old, lol
Old 29th February 2008, 01:43 AM

ekal is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ekal Send a message via Yahoo to ekal Send a message via Skype™ to ekal

FWIW, I've never heard a Mexican say any variation of "Mexico City", "CiudaddeMéxico" etc.

They all just call it D.F. (Distrito Federal)