IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain Appraisals

IDN Domain Appraisals Appraisals by other members on International domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th March 2006, 03:52 AM

bertwrld is an unknown quantity at this point
党.com

sorry
reg attempt failed
nice of them to show it in my control panel for a few hours.

Last edited by bertwrld; 9th March 2006 at 03:58 AM..
Old 9th March 2006, 05:01 AM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 党.com

I know exactly how you feel believe me. Go to bed thinking you are a millionaire, wake up and find out the registrar couldn't fulfil that order afterall...
Old 9th March 2006, 05:59 AM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys
I know exactly how you feel believe me. Go to bed thinking you are a millionaire, wake up and find out the registrar couldn't fulfil that order afterall...
Yeah... been there too. enom?
Old 9th March 2006, 06:03 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys
Why would this domain be worth a million dollars? It just means political party.
Old 9th March 2006, 06:22 AM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Why would this domain be worth a million dollars? It just means political party.
I think he's referring to names that he thought he registered successfuly.

When I first started, I thought I had successfully registered 中国.com, 東京.com, among many others.

It seemed like they all went through, and were pending final processing according to a vague message in the enom control panel. Not only that, my credit card was charged successfully, so that was 'evidence' to me that I had registered those names.

It was days before I was notified that the names didn't go through.

It was a DOH moment.
Old 9th March 2006, 06:26 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammascalper
I think he's referring to names that he thought he registered successfuly.

When I first started, I thought I had successfully registered 中国.com, 東京.com, among many others.

It seemed like they all went through, and were pending final processing according to a vague message in the enom control panel. Not only that, my credit card was charged successfully, so that was 'evidence' to me that I had registered those names.

It was days before I was notified that the names didn't go through.

It was a DOH moment.

Yes, idns had never been easy, unlike latin.com, a lot of registrars are just not ready for it.
Old 9th March 2006, 01:43 PM

yeah it was enom, took my money and everything and then a few hours later a note saying it was unavailable, but if you look it up it's still available
oh well, so much for my first attempt at an idn domain.
guess I will try again
Old 9th March 2006, 01:46 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Use http://domainsite.com/ you will know instantly and they don't charge your card if it fails.
Old 9th March 2006, 02:07 PM

thought about tht but I have ample funds in enom reseller to use so hate using other reg's, but might try after this
Old 10th March 2006, 05:40 AM

alex is an unknown quantity at this point

I moved to Domainsite for all my .com/.net IDNs after less than satifactory experiences with other registrars' so-called "IDN support." I haven't found anyone better for IDNs as far as the variant checking and charging process goes.

I even asked Domainsite if they had a referral or affiliate program, but unfortunately they didn't the last time I checked. I know they're getting an incredible amount of business from forum members.

Last edited by alex; 10th March 2006 at 05:43 AM..
Old 10th March 2006, 09:38 AM

JColson is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=alex]I moved to Domainsite for all my .com/.net IDNs after less than satifactory experiences with other registrars' so-called "IDN support." I haven't found anyone better for IDNs as far as the variant checking and charging process goes.

I couldn't agree more. We have been with Domainsite for 90% of our IDN domains and they have been excellent - we are aiming to move everything there in the next year.