IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > النطاقات العربي

النطاقات العربي Discussion on Arabic Domains

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th October 2007, 08:45 PM

burnsinternet is an unknown quantity at this point
English.net in Arabic?

Can someone help this guy out? He wants an appraisal of English.net in Arabic...

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=511834
Old 12th October 2007, 09:05 PM

The Emirates Gallastico is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: English.net in Arabic?

Hey all,

First off, thanks to burnsinternet for helping me with this. I did a quick search for various Arabic names in English, if that makes sense; money, religion, Islam etc were all taken. I decided to do a search for 'English' in Arabic, and to my surprise the .net extension was available, so snapped it up. A friend translated for me, however I think it's correct...

Anyways, it's

English.net in Arabic.

إنجليزي

or xn--kgbos5ei0ab.net

First off, could someone confirm that it is actually English.net in Arabic? All major TLDs (even .info) were taken.

Secondly, what is it's worth (rough estimate)?
Old 12th October 2007, 09:31 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

It's not gone in .info or .org, .biz etc, they don't allow registration of Arabic IDN at this time
Old 12th October 2007, 09:39 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Welcome to the forum!
Old 13th October 2007, 12:07 PM

Thanks for the details and the welcome, as well as the PM from Fka. I'm a complete newb for IDNs (well, most domains ) so apologies for any wrong information given above.

Anyone have an estimate of what it's worth? I suppose that if I find the right buyer, like someone starting an English language course for Arabs it could be worth $xxx but the problem is finding that buyer... :D
Old 13th October 2007, 12:10 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

You could put up an online Arabic-English dictionary, and take it from there. Forget the xxx buyer for now.
Old 13th October 2007, 12:16 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Welcome to IDNForums
Your version seems to be correct, just a slightly different version than the one I get from systranet.com...not that
online dictionaries are always correct mind you :p. Maybe a native Arabic speaker can give us the lowdown on these.
Note that Arabic read from right to left, so the differences are on the end of the words.
إنجليزيّة systranet.com
إنجليزي yours
Old 13th October 2007, 12:25 PM

I think I'll hold onto this for a while now, as IDNs seem to be getting more and more popular (look at this board! :p) and this should be worth a lot once they get going. Don't really have the time to set up a website of that magnitude, so will consider any fair offers. Should be worth upwards of 1k though at the very least, so as I'm a student will sell at that price.

As for the translation, I got it from a friend of mine and it was also confirmed by Fka on here. I checked an online dictionary for various words, but don't trust them as the translation they gave me for 'money.com' in Arabic was available

Last edited by The Emirates Gallastico; 13th October 2007 at 12:41 PM..
Old 13th October 2007, 09:12 PM

Also picked up what I thought was hosting.net after a translation given to me by a friend (different) one but someone else told me that it stands for hosting ie guests to your house and not hosting as in the Internet.

(استضافه.net)

Big goof-up or what? :o

Picked up Sweden.net yesterday too. Thanks to Fka for the quick translation. I tried to PM him my thanks, but his mailbox was full :p

Last edited by The Emirates Gallastico; 14th October 2007 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 14th October 2007, 09:39 AM

burnsinternet is an unknown quantity at this point

He is a popular guy. Happy hunting, cowboy!