IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd October 2007, 08:05 AM

Charrua is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Welcome Tina

Welcome Tina.

Charrua.
Old 22nd October 2007, 12:00 PM

seesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to seesawgame Send a message via Yahoo to seesawgame
Re: Welcome Tina

Here is Tina

Old 22nd October 2007, 12:04 PM

seesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enoughseesawgame will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to seesawgame Send a message via Yahoo to seesawgame
Re: Welcome Tina -

Fixed it from IDNer :p
Old 22nd October 2007, 12:06 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDam
So I guess it was not you I had a long conversation about the non-support of "symbols.com".
I don't have any myself, but I think some here would appreciate a brief summary of that conversation. Most people would like to know which symbols the IDNA is unlikely to continue to support, i.e. Numerals, Currency symbols, punctuation, and of course the dreaded Dingbats.

Well actually, thinking about it, I do have Unicode Numerals.
Old 22nd October 2007, 03:09 PM

IDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enoughIDNer will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to IDNer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
I don't have any myself, but I think some here would appreciate a brief summary of that conversation. Most people would like to know which symbols the IDNA is unlikely to continue to support, i.e. Numerals, Currency symbols, punctuation, and of course the dreaded Dingbats.

Well actually, thinking about it, I do have Unicode Numerals.

There were two brief encounters - the first was just to say "Hello" because Tina was going to give a speech, and it lasted for about 20 seconds;
after her speech (and the 2nd day meeting was concluded) we talked for about 3 minutes - including self introductions of myself and Seesawgame. I asked Tina if the suggestion IDN Working Group (IDN-WG) gave ICANN would be the direction of IDN. She replied it would be decided after several meetings. I then asked her whether Dingbats/Symbol would not be allowed to register in the future, since they wouldn't be included in the regular IDN, her reply was that "this issue would be discussed in upcoming meeting in Los Angeles later this month.

Ms. Dam is welcome to correct me if my recollection of our conversations is incorrect.
Old 22nd October 2007, 03:17 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Thanks. If you look at the Agenda in LA, it is one of the most fluid I have ever seen. It doesn't appear to geared to so much to informing the wider community but more to cracking heads together and getting decisions made. Time will tell if they are successful. I am hopeful that we will make some real progress this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNer
There were two brief encounters - the first was just to say "Hello" because Tina was going to give a speech, and it lasted for about 20 seconds;
after her speech (and the 2nd day meeting was concluded) we talked for about 3 minutes - including self introductions of myself and Seesawgame. I asked Tina if the suggestion IDN Working Group (IDN-WG) gave ICANN would be the direction of IDN. She replied it would be decided after several meetings. I then asked her whether Dingbats/Symbol would not be allowed to register in the future, since they wouldn't be included in the regular IDN, her reply was that "this issue would be discussed in upcoming meeting in Los Angeles later this month.

Ms. Dam is welcome to correct me if my recollection of our conversations is incorrect.
Old 15th November 2007, 11:45 PM

khurtsiya is on a distinguished roadkhurtsiya is on a distinguished roadkhurtsiya is on a distinguished roadkhurtsiya is on a distinguished roadkhurtsiya is on a distinguished roadkhurtsiya is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to khurtsiya
Smile Re: Welcome Tina

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsinternet
My point: Tina made it clear that they want us to post questions in the Wiki. Please respect her enough to post something in ANY of the language versions.

If there is little traffic to the Discussion page, then the members of THIS FORUM should start posting information and questions there. We know how to generate interest AND be polite & informative.

If you don't post something in the Wiki, the members here will look like uninterested, unhelpful, selfish domainers who have nothing to do but complain. If everyone posts one thing, it will fill that page out.

When Tina asks for your help several times, do something. If not, do not complain about ICANN. Look in the mirror.
This is good idea, I think.

Actually I posted about example test as far as I get know about its launching at russian IDN blog and russian IDN forum.