IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th March 2006, 10:55 AM

huronargentino is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Problem with USER: Please READ

Hi, my name is JP, also know here as Huronargentino and at idnpros.com as Huron.
As owner of idnpros.com, a community formed by some users of here and idnchat.com, we where inspired by olney and dave in here and 2 month ago we opened that new forum, maybe with some similar content than this one, and also offering some help to new IDNers, newbies and some other stuff.

We made a lot efford to grow. We had the help from some members of here, even Olney helped us and allowed us to post our URL on the forum.
Polin, the other owner, coded some great tools for free, both for reg and unreg users.

We worked on the drop list script and some other unique tools.
I am working hard with other members to make the community alive.
Posting nice stuff, some articles, opinion and obviously appraisals and domains for sale.

Yesterday recived some pms and also an email from Olney about a user "Cheapquality" that copied exactly Opinion threads from here, and also stole some other opinions of Olney.

I did realised that he posted similar stuff, but never found it that where exactly the same.
Obviously, user was banned and all thread (only remained one where we talked about that) where deleted.

I want to have the chance to wash a bit my reputation. I know that some people think that my only intention its making a nice forum so then i can sell it, or then i can only get profit about this.
And I want you to know that its not my intention.
I love the IDN industry and i am now willing to earn money from the forum, even if possible. I made only a few bucks all invested in the tools, promotion and some banners.

As yet there are not much info on the net about idns, its sometimes difficult to provide differenced information or news.
Some news are replicated in this forum and idnpros.com, and also some members, as i do, post their sales and appraisal in both places.

But i dont want to have opinion related threads copied.
I think its not fare and not usefull for members.

If members want to help at idnpros.com thats not the way.
You can help on different ways, but all honest please.

I am working hard on the forum, as polin and GFX does.
Please, your help its usefull and appreciated, but there are some codes that we still want to keep.

Hope this is clear for all, and all can have a good opinion with us.
I am totally hones, even when some people may think its not that way.
I can offer a private talk with any or answer some questions on here.
Also, if you have any suggestion, will be all appreciated.

Thanks

JP
jpsueiro@gmail.com
Old 10th March 2006, 11:42 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Re: Problem with USER: Please READ

What I do know, is that you keep sending me emails about your forum and your chatroom which doesn't even work with my Mac OS browser.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 10th March 2006 at 12:04 PM..
Old 10th March 2006, 11:49 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this another promotion thread?
Old 10th March 2006, 11:55 AM

idnceo is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats the problem? Any! I dont think Olney or anyone starting a forum on IDN is interested to be the number one, the important is to increase the value of their portfolio! As long as more people come to the boat and learn more about IDN, whether on this forum or any other is great news for me.

Huronargentino, i support your interest and forum to bring more people into the IDNs. What u do helps me to increase the value for my domains $$ , not to reduce it. I dont see what some people dont get it. It is about spreading the voice, not to have a VIP club.
Old 10th March 2006, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnceo
Whats the problem? Any! I dont think Olney or anyone starting a forum on IDN is interested to be the number one, the important is to increase the value of their portfolio! As long as more people come to the boat and learn more about IDN, whether on this forum or any other is great news for me.

Huronargentino, i support your interest and forum to bring more people into the IDNs. What u do helps me to increase the value for my domains $$ , not to reduce it. I dont see what some people dont get it. It is about spreading the voice, not to have a VIP club.
Exactly
My only intentions are to make more money with my portfolio, no with the forum
Everyday new people are joining (1-2 new users per day) and intresting in the idn domains.
so, for me thats good, because each new user or members its a new contact to spreed on the net the value of the IDN domains, as once Olney did with me when i found idnforums.com

Tourchin: This is not another promotion post.
Old 10th March 2006, 12:47 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by huronargentino
Exactly
My only intentions are to make more money with my portfolio, no with the forum
Everyday new people are joining (1-2 new users per day) and intresting in the idn domains.
so, for me thats good, because each new user or members its a new contact to spreed on the net the value of the IDN domains, as once Olney did with me when i found idnforums.com

Tourchin: This is not another promotion post.

Is this promotion? I'm looking at it. I've no comments about the other things though, and it's fine to have more forums.

www.IDNpros.com - FREE new Board to Talk about IDN´s. Help the IDN Market grow. Please, join us!
NEXT WEEK: First IDNers CHAT ROOM Meeting at www.idnpros.com with members of idnchat.com and other idn forums. Hope to have you there!
Old 10th March 2006, 12:56 PM

Tourchring, i try to promote it fairly, no with unfair things
thats why i asked olney if i could ad it in the signature.
Also, i have it in all my signatures of other boards.
Old 10th March 2006, 01:07 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

I ASKED HURON TO POST THIS THREAD ABOUT THIS SITUATION!!

I copied at least 4 Forum members on my letter to Huron as well.
Don't jump on him for doing so. He is being a stand up guy to clear the air about what happened. In a nutshell: A forum member at idnpros copied about 8 threads from IDNF word-for-word and reposted them as his own. .

His posts included word-for-word posts from Olney, myself and others. I originally pm'd the offender with intent to just ask him to take down the posts and let it go. He would no respond to me.

Then I asked Huron to investigate the situation, find out who that person was and to take action. I also suggested he take action to acknowledge this situation and let everyone know this is unacceptable. I think there should be consequences for this person at all forums, but not for me to decide. Bill
Old 10th March 2006, 01:30 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
I ASKED HURON TO POST THIS THREAD ABOUT THIS SITUATION!!

I copied at least 4 Forum members on my letter to Huron as well.
Don't jump on him for doing so. He is being a stand up guy to clear the air about what happened. In a nutshell: A forum member at idnpros copied about 8 threads from IDNF word-for-word and reposted them as his own. .

His posts included word-for-word posts from Olney, myself and others. I originally pm'd the offender with intent to just ask him to take down the posts and let it go. He would no respond to me.

Then I asked Huron to investigate the situation, find out who that person was and to take action. I also suggested he take action to acknowledge this situation and let everyone know this is unacceptable. I think there should be consequences for this person at all forums, but not for me to decide. Bill

Hi Bill,

I see your point, but why would some forumer on IDNPROS waste his time copying threads post by post and place on IDNPROS?

Alternatively, who would have the most to gain from this sudden increase in "authoritative content" viewed positively by search engines?

Olney would have the most to lose if Googlebot decides to penalize his website on discovering duplicated content - this act is no laughing matter.

There's this Chinese saying, "We're not 3 year old kids".

Last edited by touchring; 10th March 2006 at 01:33 PM..
Old 10th March 2006, 01:34 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Who cares? Stop the whining and get on with it.
Old 10th March 2006, 01:40 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Hi Bill, I see your point, but why would some forumer on IDNPROS waste his time copying threads post by post and place on IDNPROS?
There's this Chinese saying, "We're all not 3 year old kids".
Touchring, "cheapquality" was as either trying to be a newcomer "big shot" and act like he knew something about IDNs, or just trying to add some content and interest to the forum. There also seems to be some type of reward system for posting, also domain name prizes but I am not sure. That was my first visit...just interested in comments on Dave/my tokyo sale.

Hurons has made a couple of mistakes, and after Edwin mauled him at DN he should be "clued" in that all of us are on a short leash and up to scruitiny. Huron is young and still learning, and there is no excuse for him putting anything up for sale that has been challenged as incorrect. I still think he is trying to be a postive force in IDNs and has certainly been generous with his time or translations to anyone that has asked.

Huron did not even have to acknowledge this situation. He has the "password" to wipe out all threads and my message too at idnpros. He could have tried to wash over the situation, but made a good choice to put it on the table, take the heat and comments and learn from this experience.

Now Huron, are you going to expose this imposter to all of us??
Old 10th March 2006, 01:45 PM

The users copied the thread because there was an incentive for members to post on the forum to make it even better

But user was banned and all post deleted
I think wont happend again.... i hope so
Old 10th March 2006, 01:53 PM
Veteran

I see, there was a reward for posting threads. Ok, that's a good reason. At first look, the whole matter looked so suspicious.
Old 10th March 2006, 01:54 PM

Edwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished road

I see you STILL haven't corrected the "pichislo" nonsense on your own site, despite having the problem explained to you here AND on DNForum. I can't be bothered to waste any more time with you if you're not going to take any notice!
Old 10th March 2006, 02:02 PM
Veteran

You are sneaky. You lie. You send spam advertising your forum. Bad.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 10th March 2006 at 02:04 PM..
Old 10th March 2006, 02:02 PM

Sorry, did not realized
thanks again and i am correcting right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastfromthepast
You are sneaky. You lie. You send spam advertising your forum. Bad.
Sorry, but i really dont like when you say this "You lie"
Hope you can change your mind in some time from now

Last edited by huronargentino; 10th March 2006 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10th March 2006, 02:13 PM
Veteran

The truth is better than lying. Then you don't have to feel bad.

Last edited by blastfromthepast; 10th March 2006 at 02:15 PM..
Old 10th March 2006, 02:14 PM

Well. i wont argue about this.
Old 10th March 2006, 02:56 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

This guy has spent numerous spam PM's to many ppl on namepros to join his forum lol
I got around 3-4 of them.
Old 10th March 2006, 03:08 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

huron sent me PM spam at DNF.

First impressions are hard to shake.