IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th October 2007, 03:28 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Rick to stop running T.R.A.F.F.I.C.?

Rick had promised on his blog that if a T.R.A.F.F.I.C. live domain auction did not beat a previous record he would step down..............

9.8 million including silent for the auction that ended today............

12.3 million in NYC.............

Astalavista ! ;-)
Old 19th October 2007, 03:35 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1
Re: Rick to stop running T.R.A.F.F.I.C.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNCowboy
Rick had promised on his blog that if a T.R.A.F.F.I.C. live domain auction did not beat a previous record he would step down..............

9.8 million including silent for the auction that ended today............

12.3 million in NYC.............

Astalavista ! ;-)

Well the way some of these guys were passing on bids i could see how they failed to meet the quota.

Last edited by thegenius1; 19th October 2007 at 03:19 PM..
Old 19th October 2007, 06:59 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

The King is dead. Long live the King!
Old 19th October 2007, 11:22 AM

blackops is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
The King is dead. Long live the King!
Oh, shut up you silly naysayer... You are someone who quietly tries to ridicule others in the hope that people think you are somehow someone to admire. No wonder Rick doesn't like you, you have single-handedly turned people off IDN in droves with your sniping and bitching...

Rich Schwartz is a true advocate for ascii domains, but you are a nobody in the world of IDN and you don't speak for anyone in the business unless, of course, you are referring to a few sycophantic types here who don't know better.

I bet you fantasize about major newpapers asking your opinion on IDN don't you?
Old 19th October 2007, 11:55 AM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackops
Oh, shut up you silly naysayer... You are someone who quietly tries to ridicule others in the hope that people think you are somehow someone to admire. No wonder Rick doesn't like you, you have single-handedly turned people off IDN in droves with your sniping and bitching...

Rich Schwartz is a true advocate for ascii domains, but you are a nobody in the world of IDN and you don't speak for anyone in the business unless, of course, you are referring to a few sycophantic types here who don't know better.

I bet you fantasize about major newpapers asking your opinion on IDN don't you?

Edwin's alter ego?

Old 19th October 2007, 11:58 AM

domainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura aboutdomainguru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm
Edwin's alter ego?

If Edwin was Dr Jekyll, this would definitely be Mr Hyde.
Old 19th October 2007, 12:37 PM

Edwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Edwin's alter ego?

Nope, while I agree with the sentiment of course as there's probably nobody from the IDN space who's perceived as creating more problems in the wider domain world than Rubber Duck (a point I've made several times, unfortunately to no apparent effect), I would have phrased it a bit more politely myself

Surely that's evident if you dig back through my historic posts?
Old 19th October 2007, 12:50 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin
Surely that's evident if you dig back through my historic posts?
Yeah, it was just a joke because of the coinciding sentiment. But seriously, who is this blackops person?

Old 19th October 2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:
But seriously, who is this blackops person?
Hi, I hope you don't think me rude but who I am is completely irrelevant. Let me tell you why... In forum-based discussion such as this one, and those on dnforum etc.., we must all be judged on our comments and on our comments alone, i.e. the text-based statements that we make.

Of course, I am no exception to this and if anyone ever catches me talking like an idiot on a forum, and trying to undermine the IDN 'industry', then I would fully expect them to pull me apart without hesitation. Rubber Duck, however, has made very many foolish comments about IDN (and those involved in the industry) over the years that have had a serious and very negative impact on the industry.

Edwin may be right, perhaps I have phrased this issue in slightly impolite terms, but sometimes there is a need to mix things up a little so people can awaken from their inertia and begin to disown the bad habits that are working against them - the bad habit in this case being Rubber Duck.
Old 19th October 2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Hi, I hope you don't think me rude but who I am is completely irrelevant.
http://www.dncyclopedia.com/2007/07/...s-it-worth-it/

Hi Richard. Nice to meet you.

(mike)

Old 19th October 2007, 03:33 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Well, I think who you are is important.

Typical domainer, has turned up too late to register anything significant, hasn't bought anything significant in the aftermarket and has no track record on selling anything but still defends their anonymity to talk utter bollocks. Anynone see a pattern.

If it weren't for Rubber Duck, this forum would never have started. It started as a consequence of a slanging match with Olney on DNF. I was its first member and for months posted to an unlistening and uninterested World.

Point of fact regarding Rick. He started hostilities period. Those are the facts. To quote the man himself "they don't get it, and they don't want to get it".

Frankly, I have respect for the manner in which Edwin expresses his views, but I personally think they have no more validity than those of Black OPs, who in my view is someone that has contributed nothing here, and probably has nothing useful to contribute anyway.
Old 19th October 2007, 03:40 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Edwin's alter ego?

Another brit, but different writing style?
Old 19th October 2007, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Typical domainer, has turned up too late to register anything significant, hasn't bought anything significant in the aftermarket and has no track record on selling anything
Hi. Lol, ok buddy I really don't want to trade ignorant blows with you in a public forum but I can't say i'm surprised that your IDN career started out with a "slanging match".

Oh, by the way, I got in to IDN in 2003 and am very happy with what I have acquired...
Old 19th October 2007, 03:43 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Old 19th October 2007, 04:04 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:

Oh, by the way, I got in to IDN in 2003 and am very happy with what I have acquired...
whatcha got?
Old 19th October 2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNCowboy
whatcha got?
It's Richard Haigh. Read the link I posted above.

£.com, poundsymbol.com, etc.

Quote:
Moneyedge Limited wish to announce the sale of their £.com domain, representing the British pound.

Arguably the ‘pound’s home on the net’, £.com is one of a ‘handful’ of symbol-based domain names in the world. Richard Haigh, Director of Moneyedge, had this to say about his company’s offering:

“£.com has never been promoted yet has many users curiously typing the name in to their browser bar on a daily basis. I would say that 99.99% of internet users still do not know that symbol-based domains exist. This is understandable, however, as they are extremely rare (only 16 in ‘.com’) and until recently were not viable to promote.

The sale includes poundsymbol.com, and this domain will allow £.com to pass the ‘radio test’ and be promoted by every media. This 2 domain ’set’ will probably be acquired by a company looking to create a wholly unique financial services identity on the internet.”
Old 19th October 2007, 05:11 PM
Veteran

Actually, mine didn't, it was Olney's that started as a consequence.

If you started in 2003, you were in before me. Obviously everyone here owes you a debt of gratitude for spreading the message so effectively before I got going.

As for the ASCII lot, do you really thing the views of the entire market would be completely hardened against IDN through the views and behaviour of one man? Do you really think that I have the powers to turn the establish ASCII community into xenophobic bigots? There views and opinions stem from the Culture, Education, IQ and perceived vested interest. It frankly has little or nothing to do with their views on me personally.

Quote:
Hi. Lol, ok buddy I really don't want to trade ignorant blows with you in a public forum but I can't say i'm surprised that your IDN career started out with a "slanging match".

Quote:

Ah, that would explain everything. :p

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 19th October 2007 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 19th October 2007, 05:21 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

How do you know? Why would that explain everything?
Old 19th October 2007, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Find appraisal posts by blackops:

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/1313...n-cn%29-a.html

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/1313...t-cn%29-a.html

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/1311...e-cn%29-a.html

Run whois on his domains:

http://www.now.cn/whois/info.net

He keeps his .com domains with whois privacy, however not an option on .cn domains.

Old 19th October 2007, 05:31 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
I recall similar problems with this individual at DNFs many Moons ago. His finger prints are all over this thread.

I think you will find that this guy had a lot of Symbol domains and took umbridge at my comments in relation to such domains.

Pointless trying to get into a rational debate with this guy. He just isn't capable of sustaining one.