View Single Post
Old 26th August 2009, 01:24 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: New Frank Schilling interview

Frank's has his own viewpoint about global commerce being "only" English, but the smart guys and the real end game will be to own your "keywords" in all languages and top extensions where you have customers or future customers. FS might take a bit of time to study how many people in the world don't speak a lick of English (85% plus), and that might give him some additional global perspective as well. At any rate he's making a sh*tload of money and doesn't need to give a rats ass about IDN. Giving him credit from the article...he does says "I agree that these names are relevant and useful in regional commerce and that there will be great fortunes made investing and selling in these extensions."

5. What do you think of opportunities with International Domain Names (IDN)?

FRANK: I’ve always been tepid on IDN tld’s because they are purely regional and impractical for the global commerce the Internet invites. India, South American, Europe and North America are not going to run out and adopt Farsi, Cyrillic, Chinese keyboards, nor are those with Arabic keyboards going to rush out to buy Chinese, Cyrillic, Farsi keyboards.

But all these Countries will continue to have Latin keyboards. My point is that this puts IDN names at a huge disadvantage in global commerce. That said, I agree that these names are relevant and useful in regional commerce and that there will be great fortunes made investing and selling in these extensions. Your point is extremely valid IMO. To channel Peter Drucker for a moment, we are not in the domain business, we are all in the human behavior business, and it will be a long arduous process to unwind the .com juggernaut.

Last edited by bwhhisc; 26th August 2009 at 01:31 AM..