IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names

IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/)
-   डोमेन नाम हिन्दी (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/%E0%A4%A1%E0%A5%8B%E0%A4%AE%E0%A5%87%E0%A4%A8-%E0%A4%A8%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%AE-%E0%A4%B9%E0%A4%BF%E0%A4%A8%E0%A5%8D%E0%A4%A6%E0%A5%80/)
-   -   .IN or .CO.IN ? (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/14005-in-or-co-in.html)

grevan 20th October 2007 02:05 PM

.IN or .CO.IN ?
 
Hi guys, my first post here.
What do you think is the most common extension, .IN or .CO.IN?
I mean, which one has most type-ins by the Indian population?
Thank you.
Nice to meet you all.

IDNCowboy 20th October 2007 03:05 PM

Re: .IN or .CO.IN ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by grevan
Hi guys, my first post here.
What do you think is the most common extension, .IN or .CO.IN?
I mean, which one has most type-ins by the Indian population?
Thank you.
Nice to meet you all.

get .in however i would wait for idn .in to come out

mulligan 20th October 2007 03:17 PM

Re: .IN or .CO.IN ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IDNCowboy
get .in however i would wait for idn .in to come out

Why would you say 'idn.in'
Any particular reason?
Invested in Hindi IDN?
Maybe it's Gujarati you have? Or Tamil?
Maybe you're not sure?

Are you aware of the ramifications ... ?

IDNCowboy 20th October 2007 03:18 PM

Re: .IN or .CO.IN ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulligan
Why would you say 'idn.in'
Any particular reason?
Invested in Hindi IDN?
Maybe it's Gujarati you have? Or Tamil?
Maybe you're not sure?

Are you aware of the ramifications ... ?

Mulligan I don't get your point?

mulligan 20th October 2007 03:25 PM

Re: .IN or .CO.IN ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IDNCowboy
Mulligan I don't get your point?

Maybe have a look at a resource that will explain religious differences between those groups of people mentioned and see if '.in' is gonna be acceptable to all of them? Is it acceptable in Hindi to everyone?

IDNCowboy 20th October 2007 03:27 PM

Re: .IN or .CO.IN ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulligan
Maybe have a look at a resource that will explain religious differences between those groups of people mentioned and see if '.in' is gonna be acceptable to all of them? Is it acceptable in Hindi to everyone?

I've seen a bunch of pages in hindi with .in domains. Everyone in India is entitled to their opinion and I doubt they all have the same belief.

mulligan 20th October 2007 03:35 PM

Re: .IN or .CO.IN ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IDNCowboy
and I doubt they all have the same belief.

Here you have hit the nail on the head ... Some who believe in one thing do not necessairly use the same language as those who believe in something else .. and at the same time will not use even the same language to communicate ...
India is massive and has many different languages .. some of which are used exclusively in some areas over others ..

Rubber Duck 20th October 2007 04:14 PM

Re: .IN or .CO.IN ?
 
Indians don't have a problem dot in, and any this definitely will be aliased in all languages.

As for top or second level. Look at the Chinese precedent, .com.cn is all but dead in the water.

jacksonm 20th October 2007 04:55 PM

Re: .IN or .CO.IN ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
As for top or second level. Look at the Chinese precedent, .com.cn is all but dead in the water.

It's known as IDN.IDN at this time inside of China (idn.com.cn in reality), but it must be killed when the real IDN.IDN comes from ICANN.

.

touchring 20th October 2007 05:03 PM

Re: .IN or .CO.IN ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksonm
It's known as IDN.IDN at this time inside of China (idn.com.cn in reality), but it must be killed when the real IDN.IDN comes from ICANN.

.


there's no idn.com.cn.

jacksonm 20th October 2007 05:20 PM

Re: .IN or .CO.IN ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by touchring
there's no idn.com.cn.

Well, you know what I mean:

idn.idn.cn equivalent to .com
idn.idn.cn equivalent to .net

.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54