View Single Post
Old 8th April 2006, 02:43 PM

Edwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished roadEdwin is on a distinguished road
Re: New Venture! l’amour.net

I know it translates as "love" - I went to a French-speaking school for nearly 10 years, so I should know! But what I'm saying is that if you take a step back you'll see that it's one of the (many) cases where a straight translation doesn't tell the whole story.

It would be more accurate from a valuation perspective to say it means "the love" even though that's not the translation. Otherwise, how do you productively distinguish between "amour.com" and "lamour.com"/"l'amour.com" - the former is going to be worth many, many, many times the latter, yet they both "mean" love.

Perhaps saying "the domain means 'love' and has an article in front of it", while longwinded, would be most accurate...