IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > NameDrive

NameDrive For discussion of NameDrive's parking program. NameDrive offers an IDN compatible parking program to monetize your domains via PPC.
Click here for NameDrive Signup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th October 2007, 10:50 PM

burnsinternet is an unknown quantity at this point
October Parking Stats

October has already topped September with another record month in PPC revenue. Russian, Swedish, Polish, and Japanese were my top earners (in that order). Russian, as always, is my top earner with about 2/3 of all PPC earnings. Russian earnings are up about 25% over September so far. September Russian earnings were up 50% over August. Polish & Japanese saw sharp earnings increases, while Swedish earnings are flat.
Old 2nd November 2007, 01:23 PM

Re: October Parking Stats

Well, October ended with a bang! Japanese ended up 3rd over Polish.... Russian and Swedish rule!

And Nov 1st was the probably the best single day ever. Very strange and very welcome. 30% CTR overall that day, too. Not bad.
Old 2nd November 2007, 01:49 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsinternet
And Nov 1st was the probably the best single day ever. Very strange and very welcome. 30% CTR overall that day, too. Not bad.
Yes, I noticed the same, and it's still going on for me. Chinese leading the pack with 100% CTR.

I'm getting 47% overall CTR, and already earned more than half of October's revenue.

Old 2nd November 2007, 01:49 PM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

I wish I had some Russian idns.

Last edited by markits; 2nd November 2007 at 02:05 PM..
Old 2nd November 2007, 02:01 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

Yes, October was a banner month. Not quite the best but very nearly. Russian leading the pack, followed by Farsi and Japanese (!).

Several languages hit all-time highs, in terms of clicks, like Russian, Swedish, and Portuguese.

I going to go out on a limb and say that the number of domains paying for themselves in October was up 100% from Sept (on an annualized basis). Parking revenue only.

Enjoy.
Old 2nd November 2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markits
I wish I had some Russian idns.
I assume you are kidding? I thought everyone had Russian IDNs.

The floodgates opened yesterday and the traffic is continuing to flow - Not just Russian et al. Greek, French, Spanish, Arabic... This is really wierd. No bots. Real traffic. In the last few hours I have had nearly have the clicks as yesterday. Anyone else?
Old 2nd November 2007, 03:38 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
I assume you are kidding? I thought everyone had Russian IDNs.

The floodgates opened yesterday and the traffic is continuing to flow - Not just Russian et al. Greek, French, Spanish, Arabic... This is really wierd. No bots. Real traffic. In the last few hours I have had nearly have the clicks as yesterday. Anyone else?
I have like one russian ;p Fax dot com lol
but who the hell uses a fax nowadays
Old 2nd November 2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNCowboy
I have like one russian ;p Fax dot com lol
but who the hell uses a fax nowadays
LOL! I have the dot net. Must be a cowboy thang.

Our company lives and dies by faxes. Healthcare, Insurance, Law, etc. Faxes and couriers...
Old 2nd November 2007, 04:20 PM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

I do find the traffic increase a bit weird. All visits, regardless the domain language, are originated from America and all clicks are $0.11 each.
Old 2nd November 2007, 04:26 PM

Very few of mine are North American.
Old 2nd November 2007, 04:31 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I do find the traffic increase a bit weird. All visits, regardless the domain language, are originated from America and all clicks are $0.11 each.
How do you know they originate from America, unless they use the search box on your parked page? AFAIK, that's the only way ND will indicate where traffic originates from.

Old 2nd November 2007, 04:34 PM

You can click the Setting button to view traffic origin. BTW, only the North America clicks have the default value of $0.11.

Quote:
You can click the Setting button to view traffic origin. BTW, only the North America clicks have the default value of $0.11.
Also, default value for Europe click: $0.10;
default value for Asia click: $0.03 (including China, Japan etc);

Last edited by markits; 2nd November 2007 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 2nd November 2007, 04:37 PM

Quote:

Also, default value for Europe click: $0.10;
default value for Asia click: $0.03 (including China, Japan etc);
Ah, right.

Thanks.

Old 2nd November 2007, 04:38 PM

You can sort by region on views, clicks, and searches. It is the dropdown at the top of the list.

This is fun to watch the numbers go up as I refresh. Like the fantasies I had in 2005. Strange. I feel like it is not real. Strange. Is this really going to continue? I am glad to see that I am not the only one. Russian stats are going insane right now. Polish, French, Arabic, Greek, Spanish.... Strange.

I have a few VERY good domains in Greek. It is nice to see them viewed from Europe. Did someone put out a press release lately? Does anyone have any idea what is going on?
Old 2nd November 2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:
I have a few VERY good domains in Greek. It is nice to see them viewed from Europe. Did someone put out a press release lately? Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Maybe it's coming from ICANN in LA :-)

Old 2nd November 2007, 05:12 PM

I was hoping there was a link. Maybe a press release? Good karma? Telepathy?
Old 2nd November 2007, 07:03 PM

Even Chinese dot biz name is getting America traffic and clicks now. Weird, absolutely.
Old 2nd November 2007, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Even Chinese dot biz name is getting America traffic and clicks now. Weird, absolutely.
Same here.

Old 2nd November 2007, 07:10 PM

Just noticed this: My Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Korean.... all untouched. No traffic.

Markits, your IDNs are probably so good, you are seeing all the speculator traffic. I am not. Almost nothing from N America.

However, I am getting more than the usual traffic to geo domains, so maybe that is the European speculator?
Old 2nd November 2007, 07:13 PM

OK, ND must be adjusting. They just now changed the initial PPC much lower for the clicks that happened today, effectively reducing the revenue by 66%, but the traffic still shows as North America.

Perhaps they are having problem with their GEOIP system.