IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th October 2007, 12:30 AM

talkie is an unknown quantity at this point
BuyIDN.com and BuyIDNs.com - any ideas for development?

Hello all,

I do have both BuyIDN.com and BuyIDNs.com . I've been thinking of developing it, but since I am not mainly in the IDN market (got less than 10 IDN's myself), I do not know if it would be suitable.

Do you have any ideas? Would an IDN marketplace be suitable, and are there amongst you people who would venture up in establishing such a site?

Or what are my best alternatives?

Thanks for any positive comments.

Alex
Old 30th October 2007, 12:44 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: BuyIDN.com and BuyIDNs.com - any ideas for development?

Difficult to commit to somebody who is clearly not committed themselves. Best sell it to someone who is, and don't look at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkie
Hello all,

I do have both BuyIDN.com and BuyIDNs.com . I've been thinking of developing it, but since I am not mainly in the IDN market (got less than 10 IDN's myself), I do not know if it would be suitable.

Do you have any ideas? Would an IDN marketplace be suitable, and are there amongst you people who would venture up in establishing such a site?

Or what are my best alternatives?

Thanks for any positive comments.

Alex
Old 30th October 2007, 12:47 AM

Well, I am not commited currently, but plan t invest more in IDN's soon. Just that I do not have the expertise some guys have in IDN's. Plus that I will invest only in the markets I somewhat know (Portuguese, Spanish, French).

But I got your point. And I don't look at you, even if your duck looks pretty nice
Old 30th October 2007, 12:53 AM

burnsinternet is an unknown quantity at this point

Those Latin markets were well-mined when I started back up in late 2005. I registered quite a few dot nets before moving on to other languages.

Even Japanese wasn't as stripmined as Spanish & French back in early 2006.

Good luck, some .orgs and .infos are still free.
Old 30th October 2007, 12:54 AM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

The point is with all domains, you have to address things from the browser's perspective. It is so tempting to just look at things from your own narrow view. I am mainly invested in languages where I can barely recognise more than a handful of characters. It is not really that important that I can understand what they mean, although it would be useful at times.

Quote:
Well, I am not commited currently, but plan t invest more in IDN's soon. Just that I do not have the expertise some guys have in IDN's. Plus that I will invest only in the markets I somewhat know (Portuguese, Spanish, French).

But I got your point. And I don't look at you, even if your duck looks pretty nice
Old 30th October 2007, 12:58 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:
Well, I am not commited currently, but plan t invest more in IDN's soon. Just that I do not have the expertise some guys have in IDN's.
Well we @ IDNconsulting.com can help you if you want to get your feet wet in Japanese. But i will say we are not cheap. But we will be alot cheaper then buying IDN's on the after market if you wait to long.
Old 30th October 2007, 01:01 AM

Well, I will not invest in other tld than .com. I would invest in .net if I would go for Arabic IDN's as I've heard from some Arabic friends that they are used to the .net.

Anyway, I entered domaining and still found regfee names that make me $2 per month. Even if people told me that this is nearly impossible with non TM names. So I am confident I will succeed with IDN's too, (only if I put a lot a lot of research in it)

Anyway back on topic, do you think a marketplace for IDN's is suitable ATM. Or I would do better with these domains selling to a big IDN investor who would market it as their site, a site like BuyDomains has?
Old 30th October 2007, 01:01 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Startup capital now to get good IDN's is $50,000

Contact me to setup an appointment to discuss ;-)
That should get you approximately 2 good IDN's and an hour of talk
Old 30th October 2007, 01:06 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNCowboy
Startup capital now to get good IDN's is $50,000

Contact me to setup an appointment to discuss ;-)
That should get you approximately 2 good IDN's and an hour of talk

Yup you are trying to copy my blueprint huh LOL
Old 30th October 2007, 01:11 AM
Veteran

Well I could do you a couple for that and would spare you the lecture. :p
Old 30th October 2007, 01:21 AM

burnsinternet is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Well, I will not invest in other tld than .com. I would invest in .net if I would go for Arabic IDN's as I've heard from some Arabic friends that they are used to the .net.
Good luck in your search for Latin IDN.coms. You should probably just go comb the Arabic dot nets before they are gone. Friendly advice.