IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 日本語ドメイン

日本語ドメイン Discussion for Japan IDN Domain names. Japanese IDNs are available in .com .net & .jp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th November 2007, 01:20 PM

Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road
SiteStock, Inc. launched a domain brokerage service

I just read a Japanese news article that said SiteStock, Inc , a Japanese website seller and broker, launched a domain brokerage service.

There will be 1,500 domains (1100 roma-ji and 400 idn) on sale in the beginning.

http://www.sitestock.jp/

I checked the website and there are already many Japanese IDNs listed on the website. Some of them are very good but there are lots of crappy ones, too.

In fact i have seen many of these Japanese domains on sale elsewhere before. And the website design looks kinda similar to what I saw before. So, I suspect that they simply moved everything from former armature looking site to more professional looking current site. Anyway, I think it's a good news for IDNers.

The website is in Japanese only, but I guess many of you can try translating it with anything available on the web...

Best,
Ryu
Old 4th November 2007, 02:18 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Re: SiteStock, Inc. launched a domain brokerage service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu
I just read a Japanese news article that said SiteStock, Inc , a Japanese website seller and broker, launched a domain brokerage service.

There will be 1,500 domains (1100 roma-ji and 400 idn) on sale in the beginning.

http://www.sitestock.jp/

I checked the website and there are already many Japanese IDNs listed on the website. Some of them are very good but there are lots of crappy ones, too.

In fact i have seen many of these Japanese domains on sale elsewhere before. And the website design looks kinda similar to what I saw before. So, I suspect that they simply moved everything from former armature looking site to more professional looking current site. Anyway, I think it's a good news for IDNers.

The website is in Japanese only, but I guess many of you can try translating it with anything available on the web...

Best,
Ryu
Been in touch with these guys before - They are like ITSYOURDOMAIN - They want $xxx,xxx - x,xxx,xxx for the best domains.
Old 4th November 2007, 02:51 PM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past

The first public large sales from services like this will push the Domain market like it did in the States. The Business.com & Celebrity.com sales spurred a lot new domain investors.
There are domains sales amongst some of the companies but none of them public.
Since they're in Tokyo maybe I can have a meeting with them.
Old 4th November 2007, 05:08 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Great News here !
Old 4th November 2007, 05:57 PM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a good development. Some very good names listed here too.

Looks like they still have quite a bit of work to do. Like I don't see where one might submit domains to put up for consignment on their pages. Or any broker services fee breakdowns. Getting critical mass of buyers on these kinds of sites is about quality and quantity of merchandise - won't get that without reaching out to the big domain investment players. (I'm referring to some of us here).
Old 4th November 2007, 10:47 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys
This is a good development. Some very good names listed here too.

Looks like they still have quite a bit of work to do. Like I don't see where one might submit domains to put up for consignment on their pages. Or any broker services fee breakdowns. Getting critical mass of buyers on these kinds of sites is about quality and quantity of merchandise - won't get that without reaching out to the big domain investment players. (I'm referring to some of us here).
These guys own all these domains.
Old 4th November 2007, 10:48 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNCowboy
I also noticed they have been holding alot since 2005
Old 5th November 2007, 02:54 AM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Right now they do. But there is no reason this shouldn't be a broker's site. That is already what the information on their website brokering business says. Why not their domain business too?
Old 5th November 2007, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys
Right now they do. But there is no reason this shouldn't be a broker's site. That is already what the information on their website brokering business says. Why not their domain business too?
I know the owner of these domains.
Old 5th November 2007, 03:06 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Spill the beans.
Old 5th November 2007, 07:25 AM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:

Is this Taro Yamada?

Old 5th November 2007, 07:38 AM

Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road

what's very important to idners is that they placed idns before ascii domains in the list.

that is, except for two aiko-chans.... god knows why they are so special.

Last edited by Ryu; 5th November 2007 at 07:45 AM..
Old 5th November 2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm
Is this Taro Yamada?

No its not. It's another Taro.

Anyway I heard Taro Yamada is a common name that means : John Doe (fake anonymous name) ;-)
Old 5th November 2007, 02:43 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
No its not. It's another Taro.

Anyway I heard Taro Yamada is a common name that means : John Doe (fake anonymous name) ;-)

LOL! That figures.

Old 7th November 2007, 03:21 AM
A.W.O.L

Olney has a little shameless behaviour in the past

The names might be fake because the idea of whois is not really something that works in Japan. Putting your full name address & phone number & email contact is not enforced over here.

Some do put their company names & the companies are real.
Except for a few which are easy to tell anyway most of the mass registrations are real internet related companies that put the division or company name.

There were perhaps a few domain services sites up but new blood is sometimes better.