IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Names > Internationalized Domain Name News

Internationalized Domain Name News Recent IDN related News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2006, 01:41 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Rubber Duck Auctions

Chinese Domains Ltd (Registered England and Wales) hereby posts public notification of its claim to International Intellectual Property rights as Trade and Service Marks over the following terms, in relation to Online Domain Sales, Computer Hardware, Internet Services and Mobile Communications:

Duck Egg
Quack Quack
Ugly Duckling
Rubber Duck
Plum Duck
Snow Goose
Golden Goose

Rights are also claimed to local translation of the above, as listed on other contributions to this thread.

These terms will in the first instance be used, to provide standardised conditions for Online Auctions and Fixed Prices sales of domain. The purpose of this is to provide standards by which domains; particularly IDN can be transacted in a professional manner. The intention is to establish sets of rules by which sales will be governed, which can be invoked by just applying a nomenclature to the Sale or Auction. Once this nomenclature is invoked it is hoped that it will be understood that associated detailed rules governing the sales will be full applicable and legally and morally binding on both buyer and seller.

It is envisage that this system can be used at any Accredited Domain Forum or Auction Website on a commission free basis. There may, however, be fees related to the process of accreditation, applied on a discretionary basis. It is hoped that rules relating to these franchised sales standards and accreditation policies, can be formulated by the consensus of the domaining community, and formalised by sanctioning by Chinese Domains Ltd of formal joint-proposals from the two domain forums that have been most proactive in promoting IDN to date, i.e. IDNForums.com and DNForum.com.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 12th March 2006 at 02:36 PM..
Old 12th March 2006, 01:45 PM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo
Re: Rubber Duck Auctions

Great initiative, shall there be a central topic on what will be considered as standard conditions ?
Old 12th March 2006, 02:00 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramiozo
Great initiative, shall there be a central topic on what will be considered as standard conditions ?
I would like the Rubber Duck Auctions to generally retain the succesful format that is currently in use by myself which has given rise to this initiative. This initiative will only be successful if it embraced by the wider domaining community, and therefore it is essential that consultation is as wide as possible and we have the support of the leaders of the key forums in this matter.

I have few ideas of my own. In general the rules must specify how Auctions are conducted and particulary how the winner is determined. Payment options, methods of transfer can also be prescribed. Auction speed and durations can also be determined by the individual nomenclatures.

I have two special categories here, Snow Goose and Ugly Duckling, which will primarily determined higher and lower standards of due diligence on the part of the seller. In the Snow Goose Category only good generic domains of high value and no issues would be allowed. The domains would have to be Single Script, No Typos, No Trademark Issues, No Adult Terms. At the other end of the range would be the Ugly Duckling, which would be for domains that do not reach the criteria for other categories, but may nevertheless turn into beautiful swans from a financial standpoint. Common let us know everybody. You decide. I am trying to create a framework, without being too prescriptive!
Old 12th March 2006, 06:00 PM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
In the Snow Goose Category only good generic domains of high value and no issues would be allowed. The domains would have to be Single Script, No Typos, No Trademark Issues, No Adult Terms. At the other end of the range would be the Ugly Duckling, which would be for domains that do not reach the criteria for other categories, but may nevertheless turn into beautiful swans from a financial standpoint. Common let us know everybody. You decide. I am trying to create a framework, without being too prescriptive!
I would humbly petition that adult terms not be excluded as a class from the Snow Goose Category as long as it fulfills the other 3 requirements. I don't see a sound basis for discrimination in terms of value. If it is political risk you are trying to account for, we must treat all gambling, sexual services, and vitamin supplment domains the same way.

Or you could create a Golden Snow Goose category just for such sinful terms!!!!
Old 12th March 2006, 06:03 PM

kenne is an unknown quantity at this point

Sexy goose

My petition is for the ugly duckling babies be exempted from whatever commission there is!
Old 12th March 2006, 06:10 PM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=kenne]Sexy goose

QUOTE]

Nice one! I love it.:p
Old 12th March 2006, 07:11 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenne
Sexy goose

My petition is for the ugly duckling babies be exempted from whatever commission there is!
Extending the number of Categories is a possiblity.

Commission is not something I was personally envisaging at this time, as it is not something the Forums themselves have imposed.

Keep the ideas coming!