View Single Post
Old 10th December 2009, 12:18 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough
Telnic Wants to Release .Tel IDNs

Quote:
Telnic Wants to Release .Tel IDNs
Quote:

Thursday, December 10th, 2009

.Tel registry asks ICANN to let it register IDNs.
.Tel registry Telnic has sent a letter to ICANN CEO Rod Beckstrom requesting permission to issue internationalized domain names (IDNs). The letter (pdf) from Telnic CEO Khashayar Mahdavi requests ICANN authorization to release domains that contain hyphens in the third and fourth positions from the pool of reserved domains in the .tel registry agreement. This would enable IDNs.
In his letter, Mahdavi writes that Telnic will follow the “Guidelines for the lmplementation of the lnternationalized Domain Names” as published on the ICANN web site.
.Mobi recently released Chinese IDNs, resulting in a quick growth of the registration base by 100,000 domains, or about 10%.
http://domainnamewire.com/2009/12/10...ease-tel-idns/

Everybody's jumping on board the "gravy train" now, huh? I know I'll stay away from this loser ext though.