IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > General Domains > Domain Market

Domain Market For users to buy domain names, sell domain names, auction domain names, or for domain brokers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th November 2007, 12:10 AM

domainpredator is an unknown quantity at this point
500 foreign language domains (not IDN): €20 each

Hi,
I am selling 500 .com quality domain names at €20 ($28 each). Most of them are one-word .com domains, with decent overture results, google results and type-in traffic. Many of them (especially those in foreign languages) can be resold at up to mid-€xxx in marketplaces such as Sedo or Afternic.

The list is available here : http://www.domainpredator.com/sales/...try/index.html

None are freshly-registered domains, which should help web editors avoid the Google sandbox. The new owner will get a permanent backlink from our selling pages (the current links will remain).

The domain names are registered with godaddy, with several months before the end of registration. Those expiring within two months will be renewed from free before the free push.

To purchase any domain, please post sold in this thread, with the domain you wish.

Cheers,
David
Old 28th November 2007, 12:29 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy
Re: 500 foreign language domains (not IDN): €20 each

David[/QUOTE]

I got sick of wading through them trying to pick out the available ones form the sold and .de ones.

Put it in the too hard basket.
Old 28th November 2007, 12:44 AM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough

I haven't seen one IDN.
Old 28th November 2007, 12:53 AM

mgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enough

some of the IDNs are available though..
Old 29th November 2007, 09:13 PM

I got sick of wading through them trying to pick out the available ones form the sold and .de ones.
Put it in the too hard basket

------------- I've sold more than 100 in the last 3 days and I think that a vast majority of the remaining are still an real bargain. They are only about 15 .de domains and it's an excellent extension. It's for sure a better alternative than .biz and many people consider it will be the third best extension soon (after .com & .net)

I haven't seen one IDN.
----------- it's mentionned in the title: no IDN. I'm not very familiar with IDNforums, maybe it was not the right place to post the sale?
Old 29th November 2007, 09:55 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainpredator
Hi,
I am selling 500 .com quality domain names at €20 ($28 each). Most of them are one-word .com domains, with decent overture results, google results and type-in traffic. Many of them (especially those in foreign languages) can be resold at up to mid-€xxx in marketplaces such as Sedo or Afternic.

The list is available here : http://www.domainpredator.com/sales/...try/index.html
Every one of your Finnish domains is out of case. One of them is flat out not even related to the claimed translation. Believe it or not, I am a certified Finnish speaker.

Finnish is an agglutinative language. Don't try it without schooling.

Old 29th November 2007, 10:14 PM

thanks for the tip,
I'm not a Finnish speaker but I see that yhdessa.org is a running Finnish website.
vuonna & voidaan have wikipedia entries, written like that.
Those 3 Finnish domains (out of the 4 offered) may have some interest?
Old 29th November 2007, 10:21 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
thanks for the tip,
I'm not a Finnish speaker but I see that yhdessa.org is a running Finnish website.
vuonna & voidaan have wikipedia entries, written like that.
Those 3 Finnish domains (out of the 4 offered) may have some interest?

I have absolutely no interest in these domains, so I will give you some free advice:

The proper spelling is yhdessä not yhdessa. This does mean "together". If you want to register the proper spelling, then go on and register yhdessä.com - it's available. But this is not a real winner.

Vuonna means "during the year", e.g. "vuonna 1979" such and such happened. Year = vuosi. No good for a domain name.

Voidaan means "we can", in the passive case. No good for a domain name.

Old 29th November 2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm
I have absolutely no interest in these domains, so I will give you some free advice:

The proper spelling is yhdessä not yhdessa. This does mean "together". If you want to register the proper spelling, then go on and register yhdessä.com - it's available. But this is not a real winner.

Vuonna means "during the year", e.g. "vuonna 1979" such and such happened. Year = vuosi. No good for a domain name.

Voidaan means "we can", in the passive case. No good for a domain name.

thanks for your advice,
I know that this is the place for idn, but yhdessä.com is far less interesting as yhdessa.com, even though it is the correct spelling. We'll need to wait some time before IDN names become more expensive than the correspond ASCII domain names.
regarding the two others, they might not represent something exactly relevant in Finnish, but you have to take into account that pronouncable .com domains with millions of results in Google have long been unavailable to register. Penury has a price for anglo-saxon domainers. For this reason only, those 2 are worth more than 20 euros and I've got no doubt that they will go at this price. But I agree that those might not be the best picks of my list.

Last edited by domainpredator; 29th November 2007 at 11:47 PM..
Old 29th November 2007, 10:42 PM

Quote:
thanks for your advice,
I know that this is the place for idn, but iyhdessä.com is far less interesting as yhdessa.com, even though it is the correct spelling.
Finns have been onto IDN for a long time already. There are probably more developed Finnish IDN websites than many other IDN languages. The proper spelling is yhdessä, not iyhdessä. The typo is more interesting to you as a foreigner, as a non-finnish speaker? That simply defies logic.

If you actually expect that finnish people will be searching for "yhdessa" as opposed to "yhdessä", then you sir are gravely mistaken.

Old 30th November 2007, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Finns have been onto IDN for a long time already. There are probably more developed Finnish IDN websites than many other IDN languages. The proper spelling is yhdessä, not iyhdessä. The typo is more interesting to you as a foreigner, as a non-finnish speaker? That simply defies logic.

If you actually expect that finnish people will be searching for "yhdessa" as opposed to "yhdessä", then you sir are gravely mistaken.

I appreciate your patience and the time you take to develop your points. That's very interesting and helps me understand better local markets, where I believe that there is a huge potential.
your answer is very informative. And your remark "that simply defies logic" is also talking to me. The valorisation of domain names is partly based on illogic factors (a good example is the LLL/LLLL market) but it is dynamic and "errors" of the market tend to lower with the time. So I deduce from what you say that Finnish IDN should get more value in the future.
There's a similar thing in the French market, which I know better. The value of hyphened domain names is very low, because it's an imported norm from international domainers. But French webmasters love hyphens, hyphens are part of many French words and hyphened names receive as much type-in as domains without hyphens.
Old 30th November 2007, 10:36 AM

Quote:
There's a similar thing in the French market, which I know better. The value of hyphened domain names is very low, because it's an imported norm from international domainers. But French webmasters love hyphens, hyphens are part of many French words and hyphened names receive as much type-in as domains without hyphens.
Yes, I own several French departments (which French citizens are prohibited from owning), and most of them do have dashes in the names.

For example:

saône-et-loire.com
haute-saône.com
région-parisienne.com (old name, but still very commonly used)
île-de-france.net

etc.

It's important to rely on statistical analysis and not try to interpolate your own culture on top of domains which are meant for some other culture. And that's the point I was trying to make with yhdessä - no Finn would ever search google for "yhdessa". Finns have a very high level of literacy, and Finnish spelling is 100% phonetic, so nobody ever mispells words unless they do it intentionally. And finally, yhdessä is simply not a killer word for a domain name. There is better stuff available, because the market is tiny that it's not been heavily mined.

Old 30th November 2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:

It's important to rely on statistical analysis and not try to interpolate your own culture on top of domains which are meant for some other culture.

It depends if you want to be right or if you want to be profitable. The advice most major domainers often give is "follow the money". Even though that is not logical, haute-saône.com does not have at the moment any market value, on the contrary to hautesaone.com. But most probably, the value of haute-saône.com will increase. The question is "how long will the market take to correct its errors?". Anyway, thanks for all your comments.
david