IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Parking and Affiliate Programs > NameDrive

NameDrive For discussion of NameDrive's parking program. NameDrive offers an IDN compatible parking program to monetize your domains via PPC.
Click here for NameDrive Signup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th March 2006, 10:34 AM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation
Post Namedrive comments on IDN

I spoke to Ed earlier about the lack of support for IDN landing pages for most languages, and asked what their strategy was.

His reply is detailed below, some of this i'm sure is old news, but to some of us it will be new news:

"We are aware that a lot of people are looking to park their IDN domains and I know that we've made some good steps in the right direction but haven't quite cracked it yet. I can't really say solidly what our strategy is here because we are pretty much at the behest of our tech team and what they can implement. As I've mentioned on IDN forums, we have several projects for Latin character markets (Europe and US mainly) which we have as higher priority for full out implementation than IDN domains. I know that someone said on the forums that this is short-sighted as IDN domains are where the money will be in the future, however we have to look at where we are strongest at the moment and that is Europe and the US, so we want to strengthen that base.
Having said that, we are in constant talks with Google about how best to implement an IDN solution. Both Google and ND are still taking the first steps in this market and there is some way to go, but we are working closely together with them to get a full solution implemented. We are still working on IDNs little by little while it is not our main project, it is certainly something we are very aware of. I can't really give a time frame, I'm afraid, but we are working to get full implementation as soon as we can with the limited resources available to us."