IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > IDN Domain For Sale

IDN Domain For Sale Want to sell your international domain names? Post them here. Please proceed with caution on all sales, do your own translation, & use an escrow service. IDN Forums does not check the validity of any sales posted by users. Please only post Domains with at least minimum prices for offers in this Forum. If you don't know how much you want do an appraisal first. Domains without min price will be placed in dumpster thread. Users may also buy a sticky for their topic at $10 per day for up to 7 days.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd December 2007, 07:14 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1
Fine Wines Up For Grabs !

メルロー.com Merlot
カベルネ.com Cabernet
ジンファンデル.com Zifandel.com
キャンティ.com Chianti.com
バローロ.com Barolo.com
ランブルスコ.com Lambrusco .com
ピノ ノワール.com Pinot Noir.com
メルロー.jp Merlot.jp
カベルネ.jp Cabernet.jp
ジンファンデル.jp Zifandel.jp
バローロ.jp Barolo.jp
ランブルスコ.jp Lambrusco .jp
ピノ ノワール.jp Pinot Noir.jp

For the wine connoisseur in You

Only Selling 4 at a time @ 2k each total = 8k

BIN for all 15k or OBO

If BIN'd will renew them till 2010

PM or Post

Open 48hrs

There are some bottles of wine from the 90's you couldn't get for the above price !

Read F.S's Blog about Whiskey , owning terms like this will give you instant credibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Castello
# Posted by Michael Castello | November 30th, 2007 at 10:50 pm

I have heard the same story that domain names are a fad or that they cost too much since the early 90s. I have many stories but one came to mind when I read your post, Frank. One of the first names I registered for free was Whisky.com, not for the spirit but because of the Whisky a Go Go nightclub in Hollywood. David and I were promoting the music scene and playing in a band. Whisky.com seemed the obvious simple address for the nightclub. When I offered it to the owner he mentioned that he did not need it since he was going to register WhiskyaGoGo.com; go figure.

Later in 1996 a whisky connoisseur from Germany emailed me with a request to buy the name and I offered to sell it for $1,000. He balked and said that he could register any name for $100. He did not have a capitalistic bone in his body and abruptly ended the communication. The next year he once again emailed about buying the name and was now prepared to pay the $1,000. I explained that what was worth 1k the year before was now worth $10,000. Needless to say he ended the conversation. I was amazed once again to receive the next year a final offer of $10,000 and you can guess where that ended.

Just this year my brother and I were invited to a Whisky industry event in Los Angeles with distiller and distributors from all over the world. We had Whisky.com business cards made and attended the event. After visiting every booth to meet the top distillers and introduce ourselves we were amazed how they accepted us as knowledgeable and leaders in the field. Pictures were taken and those that asked “who are they” were told “they are from Whisky.com”; go figure. Just this week a major New York City newspaper called and asked for a quote on a 1926 bottle of The Macallam Whisky that was being auctioned off at Christies for $38,000 and they needed a quote from us.

We know our whisky because a domain name offered us an opportunity. These days some parents are even choosing their children’s name if the name is available as a domain name. Everything seems to work in reverse these days. The point here is that a premium domain name can create an immediate globally trusted brand with the public that would take normally years and millions of PR dollars. Can you put a price on that? Everything these days is about the public perception and we have the ability to now control it without the industrial grade payments of the past. What is that worth? I am humbled by the opportunities that we all have at this point in time, let us take advantage of it. Thank you.
http://www.sevenmile.com/2007-11/why...-cost-so-much/

Last edited by thegenius1; 3rd December 2007 at 04:34 AM..
Old 2nd December 2007, 01:06 PM

sunsei21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sunsei21 Send a message via Skype™ to sunsei21
Re: Fine Wines Up For Grabs !

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenius1
メルロー.com Merlot
カベルネ.com Cabernet
ジンファンデル.com Zifandel.com
キャンティ.com Chianti.com
バローロ.com Barolo.com
メルロー.jp Merlot.jp
カベルネ.jp Cabernet.jp
ジンファンデル.jp Zifandel.jp
キャンティ.jp Chianti.jp
バローロ.jp Barolo.jp

PM or Post

Open 48hrs

There are some bottles of wine from the 90's you couldn't get for the above price !

Read F.S's Blog about Whiskey , owning terms like this will give you instant credibility [/B][/SIZE]

http://www.sevenmile.com/2007-11/why...-cost-so-much/

nice collection i remember passing on the niche while back good luck with the sale seems that might prove to be a mistake
Old 2nd December 2007, 07:42 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsei21
nice collection i remember passing on the niche while back good luck with the sale seems that might prove to be a mistake
Thanks , i had some very tasty Merlot last night and it was telling me to pull the sale
Old 3rd December 2007, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenius1
Thanks , i had some very tasty Merlot last night and it was telling me to pull the sale
Update: I'll throw in FineWine.com and FineWine.jp To the Buyer

高級ワイン.com
高級ワイン.jp
Old 3rd December 2007, 01:41 AM
Banned

Bruins is an unknown quantity at this point

Great collection.
Are there any of these same names avl in other languages?
The ascii versions traed for a good penny
Old 3rd December 2007, 04:29 AM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
Are there any of these same names avl in other languages?
Please post newbie questions in newbie section, or PM Genius for a consulting estimate. Please do not post in other people's sales theads.

Quote:
No kidding.
Old 3rd December 2007, 09:21 AM

Quote:
YUP !

Last Call for Alcohol !

Keeping it open for 12 more hours. If no buyer i will be renewing till 2010 and be placing them back in the cellar to age
Old 13th February 2008, 01:21 AM

Due to some interest on these I'll open them back up to the Public for 24hrs.

Will Also Add Privacy to the Domains for the Buyer so you can remain anonymous if you like.

Last edited by thegenius1; 13th February 2008 at 01:33 AM..
Old 14th February 2008, 04:52 AM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

NICE. Bump.

Just had a couple of glasses of two buck chuck LOL.
Old 14th February 2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammascalper
NICE. Bump.

Just had a couple of glasses of two buck chuck LOL.
Pinot Grigio for me