IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd December 2007, 09:48 AM

dotworx is an unknown quantity at this point
300 million IE7 users already?!

MS claims there are 300 million IE7 users worldwide...

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...ar-of-ie7.aspx
Old 3rd December 2007, 10:33 AM

blackops is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 300 million IE7 users already?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotworx
MS claims there are 300 million IE7 users worldwide...
A big number, but no reason to doubt it :-) Marketshare, a leading browser stat service are currently reporting that IE7 took a big % jump in market share last month, and by the looks of it, IE7 will have the biggest % share in the next 1/2 months...

I think also that xmas and the new year will be a massive aid, in the take-up rate to IE7 :-)
Old 3rd December 2007, 10:39 AM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackops
A big number, but no reason to doubt it :-) Marketshare, a leading browser stat service are currently reporting that IE7 took a big % jump in market share last month, and by the looks of it, IE7 will have the biggest % share in the next 1/2 months...

I think also that xmas and the new year will be a massive aid, in the take-up rate to IE7 :-)

With the release of a new OS/Browser combo, Christmas should normally be a big help. Howver, I think that Vista already has a quite bad reputation and is said not to run on most commodity PCs unless you take the crippled down home edition. Many people + media are reviewing and rating Vista as the worst OS ever released by MS. And it'd be pretty damned difficult to beat Win95 in that contest.

I think that most the the IE7 upgrades in the coming year will be on top of XP. Either way, it doesn't really matter how people get upgraded.

Just my .02

Old 3rd December 2007, 10:43 AM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

Well I guess most users are in USA, UK, OZ, and Canada. AU is not available to Japan, China etc yet, so does not do much help to idns.
Old 3rd December 2007, 01:34 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

my korean traffic's going nuts. any korean users around here? hanidn, did you see AU in action. :O
Old 3rd December 2007, 03:29 PM

tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm
And it'd be pretty damned difficult to beat Win95 in that contest.
Win ME anyone? I was soooooooooo glad to get win 2000.

tee1
Old 3rd December 2007, 05:44 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

I think if you look back to the beginning of the year and all the arguments about how fast IE7 would be taken up, I think I was pretty much on the money with my projections. Funny that. Duck gets lucky again!