View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2010, 04:08 AM

Clotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enough
Re: First 4 IDN ccTLDs pass String Evaulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by domainguru View Post
Just without seeing the actual characters in articles, the whole thing sort of loses its impact .....
I agree and I think ICANN can do a bit better with their press releases. The last article got most of their information from this press release I assume:
http://icann.org/en/news/releases/re...21jan10-en.pdf

Notice anything missing? They don't even tell you what the 4 names that were approved were! The most important piece of information is missing. It is a PDF file as well so there is no excuse. Unicode in a PDF will display fine on anyones computer since everything that is required to render it is included in the PDF.

It would have been simple to do a screen capture of the PDF to make a graphic of the names for the online article. (or ICANN could include one)

Also, Why isn't Tina mentioned in the press release? I would think she would be the person to respond to any questions on the matter.