IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names

IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/)
-   German Domain names (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/german-domain-names/)
-   -   why can't i reg .de IDN at Moniker? (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/15331-why-cant-i-reg-de-idn-at-moniker.html)

vexxball 7th December 2007 08:30 AM

why can't i reg .de IDN at Moniker?

sorry for the newbie ?, but I thought best in german section

I tried asdfgxaxüxasxasd in the search on Moniker's home page for .com, net, .de
and only get these avail [no .de]:

asdfgxaxüxasxasd.com $10.49
Click to de-select asdfgxaxüxasxasd.net $6.04

the same search at name.com gives:

xn--asdfgxaxxasxasd-6vb.com (asdfgxaxüxasxasd.com) $5.99* Free Free Available
xn--asdfgxaxxasxasd-6vb.net (asdfgxaxüxasxasd.net) $5.99* Free Free Available
xn--asdfgxaxxasxasd-6vb.de (asdfgxaxüxasxasd.de) $25 Unavailable Free Available

Moniker doesn't do .de IDN's ?

thanx

mulligan 7th December 2007 08:49 AM

Re: why can't i reg .de IDN at Moniker?

I think they only do .com & .net at the moment though I believe you can transfer in any IDN

vexxball 7th December 2007 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulligan
I think they only do .com & .net at the moment though I believe you can transfer in any IDN

thanx much...if that's true, is there a reasonably priced place to register the .de IDN's
that has a good rep here & also has the "proxy" option so US residents can reg?

alpha 7th December 2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulligan

you can't transfer in idn .cn

the transfer screens let you do it, and they happily take payment, but then on their daily transfer status email they send out it has funky error messages :mad:

alpha 12th December 2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphamale
you can't transfer in idn .cn

the transfer screens let you do it, and they happily take payment, but then on their daily transfer status email they send out it has funky error messages :mad:

update: although you get a funky error message about an object code not existing (wtf) - i have been told by Moniker that my transfer is going ahead ok.. so apparently they do accept idn .cn transfers

:confused:

thefabfive 12th December 2007 03:46 PM

Quote:

update: although you get a funky error message about an object code not existing (wtf) - i have been told by Moniker that my transfer is going ahead ok.. so apparently they do accept idn .cn transfers

Same thing happens with .tv transfers. You get an error message on the daily status page, but the transfer proceeds as normal. Why they haven't fixed that yet who knows.

touchring 12th December 2007 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vexxball
thanx much...if that's true, is there a reasonably priced place to register the .de IDN's
that has a good rep here & also has the "proxy" option so US residents can reg?

i'm using dd24.net.

alpha 19th December 2007 07:59 PM

Quote:

and today i'm told it failed because they don't accept idn .cn transfers.

they also told me the domain didnt exist as they couldn't find it in whatever whois lookup they were using. LMFAO

If you think it's going to take a while before the end users get a complete grip of IDN.. I think we're in for a long wait, if, at this rate, those that should be domain experts are sometimes clueless.

touchring 19th December 2007 08:05 PM

Quote:

and today i'm told it failed because they don't accept idn .cn transfers.

they also told me the domain didnt exist as they couldn't find it in whatever whois lookup they were using. LMFAO

If you think it's going to take a while before the end users get a complete grip of IDN.. I think we're in for a long wait, if, at this rate, those that should be domain experts are sometimes clueless.

U can tell them that idn.cn don't work in the usual whois, not even with punycode.