View Single Post
Old 18th April 2006, 03:58 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Good sales of IDNs on DNjournal

Having studied this weeks reports and the year to date charts, I have noticed that for German IDN in particular Duke is having to pinch himself to remember to include the IDN comments. This suggests to me that he is subconsciously getting used to IDN, and no longer strongly feels the need to point out the difference.

I think in a couple of years the rest of the internet will follow suit and the terminology IDN will largely be dropped. For Japanese for example I would not expect words in Kanji or Hirigana to require anything more than the description Japanese, wheras transliteration I believe will probably be marked as Japanese Romanji. Similarly, with Chinese I think only Traditional or Pinyin will be referred to anything other than Chinese. Simplified Chinese will be the expectation and no further explanation than Chinese will be required or offered.