IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th March 2006, 02:57 AM

59domain is an unknown quantity at this point
Is DNForum worth it?

I see DNForum mentioned alot. But one got to pay to even see anything in there. Is it worth it?
Old 17th March 2006, 03:06 AM

idnceo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Is DNForum worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59domain
I see DNForum mentioned alot. But one got to pay to even see anything in there. Is it worth it?
Ask yourself if you want to register to sell right away, i dont or i sell in private sales. So maybe later when i feel it is time to sell and get a good price for all kind of domains i will, meanwhile i just dont see the point. Wait for a kind of big "sedo japan" or something like that. my advice is wait, keep registering and increasing your portfolio. Next year you will get better ROI for your domains.
Old 17th March 2006, 03:07 AM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

I can honestly say at this point - No.

The IDN section is chaotic. There are no rules or even gentleman's rules, which we seem to have here.

Olney's pad is the place to be for IDN.
Old 17th March 2006, 03:14 AM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

If your business is "domains", it's definately worth it.
Old 17th March 2006, 03:28 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanni
If your business is "domains", it's definately worth it.
I am an exclusive over there but right now why pay thousands for a english word when you can get an IDN hot dictionary word or keyword for $6.99(.com) - $25 (.jp)

;-)

IDNs are bargain basement atm
Old 17th March 2006, 05:09 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
If I am Auctioning there, which I do, you won't see it here until after it has gone.

Rubber Duck
Old 17th March 2006, 05:23 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough

For IDN Names, IDNForums is better as you have serious buyers here have $ and won't play games.

Soon you won't need a porshe for hot gals to judge ya but they'll judge you by the kind of domain you have like 保険.com (insurance.com) etc :P
Old 17th March 2006, 05:54 AM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Definitely NO!

There's nothing worth spending time there unless you have many unwanted domains to dump, especially some IDNs. For good domains, Sedo or other PPC parking service can get you better money.

There used to be some prominent domainers' postings that made me want to visit, but these people don't even show up any more. The legal section is the only one I find interesting.

In general, Latin character domains already developed, the market is not limitted to forums any more. The usefulness of such type of forum is diminishing. It's time for IDN forums to show their colors.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@

Last edited by Giant; 17th March 2006 at 05:56 AM..
Old 17th March 2006, 06:16 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant
Definitely NO!

There's nothing worth spending time there unless you have many unwanted domains to dump, especially some IDNs. For good domains, Sedo or other PPC parking service can get you better money.

There used to be some prominent domainers' postings that made me want to visit, but these people don't even show up any more. The legal section is the only one I find interesting.

In general, Latin character domains already developed, the market is not limitted to forums any more. The usefulness of such type of forum is diminishing. It's time for IDN forums to show their colors.
I saw you had a dispute with someone on DNF? I would suggest you just revoke the deal and move on - afterall, you got so much good names - no point wasting time. The small money from that deal, you can mine and register idns several times that value in a few mths time if you spend time on that instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
For IDN Names, IDNForums is better as you have serious buyers here have $ and won't play games.

Soon you won't need a porshe for hot gals to judge ya but they'll judge you by the kind of domain you have like 保険.com (insurance.com) etc :P
保険.com, anytime a 50K domain. Wish i had it.

Question i always wanted to ask, why is this forum so smiley unfriendly?

Last edited by touchring; 17th March 2006 at 06:19 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 17th March 2006, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
I saw you had a dispute with someone on DNF? I would suggest you just revoke the deal and move on - afterall, you got so much good names - no point wasting time. The small money from that deal, you can mine and register idns several times that value in a few mths time if you spend time on that instead.

保険.com, anytime a 50K domain. Wish i had it.

Question i always wanted to ask, why is this forum so smiley unfriendly?
I almost got some insurance related domains months ago. They all had high ovt but a majority of the words seemed to be state health insurance etc so I thought most of the national workers got it as part of payment to the gov't and wouldn't be exactly looking to purchase.
Old 17th March 2006, 06:50 AM

Giant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Actually, I don't care much about a few hundred dollars, the 2 domains I sold are worth more than that money. But once somebody tries to imtimidate me, I have to deal with him seriously. The guy is a fraudster, he has committed other crimes already, he is now in hiding, I don't think he will ever show up again.

I don't sell my premium domains at forums, I sell mostly to end users. Forums are good for me to get some news and brilliant ideas, but never a place to sell. There are many great people at this forum I have to acknowledge.

Dot Com is King. IDN.com will soon be king.
@