IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th December 2007, 03:56 AM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Post Stop the presses: Rick Schwartz talks about IDNS!

I do not care if what I have to say opens a heated discussion. Should I say what I know they want to hear the friends of IDN or should I say what they expect me are reading, what you really think?.

What do you think? I know many people who have gotten squarely on them. Some are accredited by their past successes, and they are my friends. Some are angry and attack anyone who is not a believer in instant IDN. Only time will tell. Until we have a genuine market and a great need for these domains will have a very slow track. Many are bitter because the IDN who have not given enough to pay for their renewal. What this or any other group or extension needs to learn is that it is the market that will determine the IF and IF, not a bunch of people running around on the same subject and calling anyone stupid for not investing in IDN. No matter how moderates are my comments, all you want to hear me say is that they are the eighth wonder of the world.

Well, let me say… .. I do not believe that they are. But they do not lack respect for those who invest and believe in them. No respect for those who have taken the position of saying that if you do not invert in IDNs you are not a stupid American. I do not understand the anger and intolerance that are in that community. It makes no sense to me. Then they criticize other extensions. It just makes me very rare that behavior. Only I wish they go well, but that does not seem to be enough for some of them. I want to focus on them in TRAFFIC, although the issue has already been discussed many times. But since they are not, they do not know, so they are maquillando things. Still have to learn that the market will decide. Neither they, nor me. Neither anyone, only the market. The reason causing the anger of these people is beyond my comprehension.

Source: http://www.domisfera.com/entrevista-...rick-schwartz/
Old 17th December 2007, 04:15 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Re: Stop the presses: Rick Schwartz talks about IDNS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose
I do not care if what I have to say opens a heated discussion. Should I say what I know they want to hear the friends of IDN or should I say what they expect me are reading, what you really think?.

What do you think? I know many people who have gotten squarely on them. Some are accredited by their past successes, and they are my friends. Some are angry and attack anyone who is not a believer in instant IDN. Only time will tell. Until we have a genuine market and a great need for these domains will have a very slow track. Many are bitter because the IDN who have not given enough to pay for their renewal. What this or any other group or extension needs to learn is that it is the market that will determine the IF and IF, not a bunch of people running around on the same subject and calling anyone stupid for not investing in IDN. No matter how moderates are my comments, all you want to hear me say is that they are the eighth wonder of the world.

Well, let me say… .. I do not believe that they are. But they do not lack respect for those who invest and believe in them. No respect for those who have taken the position of saying that if you do not invert in IDNs you are not a stupid American. I do not understand the anger and intolerance that are in that community. It makes no sense to me. Then they criticize other extensions. It just makes me very rare that behavior. Only I wish they go well, but that does not seem to be enough for some of them. I want to focus on them in TRAFFIC, although the issue has already been discussed many times. But since they are not, they do not know, so they are maquillando things. Still have to learn that the market will decide. Neither they, nor me. Neither anyone, only the market. The reason causing the anger of these people is beyond my comprehension.

Source: http://www.domisfera.com/entrevista-...rick-schwartz/
people still read his blog?
Old 17th December 2007, 04:16 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Is Rick Schwartz talking IDNs? I can't understand an ASCII in there?

¿Cómo es un día suyo cualquiera?
-> hey, i recognize ¿. It's an IDN! :p
Old 17th December 2007, 04:20 AM

burnsinternet is an unknown quantity at this point

Time will tell.

The market will decide.

Agreed.
Old 17th December 2007, 04:24 AM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNCowboy
people still read his blog?
IDNCowboy: Only in case it's not of a great annoyance to you, could you please, from time to time, make a little effort and try to post a slightly positive comment?
Old 17th December 2007, 04:30 AM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
IDNCowboy: Only in case it's not of a great annoyance to you, could you please, from time to time, make a little effort and try to post a slightly positive comment?
I'm always nice

heck nobody ever comments at yanni or duck

I get all the hammers thrown at me...
Old 17th December 2007, 05:27 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNCowboy
I'm always nice

heck nobody ever comments at yanni or duck

I get all the hammers thrown at me...
If you have something on me (as you say you do by PM), please post it loud and clear what have I ever did to you, and please stop trashing my posts.

Posts are supposed to be usefull to everyone and if you say everything I post is rubish, you could be preventing people from reading any further.
Old 17th December 2007, 05:30 AM

Quote:
If you have something on me (as you say you do by PM), please post it loud and clear what have I ever did to you, and please stop trashing my posts.

Posts are supposed to be usefull to everyone and if you say everything I post is rubish, you could be preventing people from reading any further.
Jose, it is rubbish

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/1556...-go-south.html

.cn to go south based on one joe schmoe's opinion (he had spammed the index)

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/1555...ming-true.html

OVT is much better than Trends... While trends is useful it is not as great as ovt...

OVT R.I.P.

My threads generate alot of talk most of the time going over 2 pages..... You leech info but don't post back... Other than your sales what info do you really post?
Old 17th December 2007, 05:58 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Jose, I think something has been lost in translation, as this has been translated both ways and apparently not very accurately. The original article is also now a bit dated.

I actually not only read Rick's Blog, although it is not terribly popular these days, but I also post there. Rick doesn't understand IDN, at least not yet, and it would appear that he doesn't fully understand the effects of TRAFFICS exposure. Whilst alone it will not make a particular type of investment fly without it, it has been much harder to get acceptance by American investors. The fact that we are now achieving that just shows how strong the IDN proposition really is. Rick is teamed with Monte. Monte believes but has no idea how to take the market forward at this stage. The Light Bulb moment is coming. We are just going to have to be patient.
Old 17th December 2007, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Jose, I think something has been lost in translation, as this has been translated both ways and apparently not very accurately. The original article is also now a bit dated.

I actually not only read Rick's Blog, although it is not terribly popular these days, but I also post there. Rick doesn't understand IDN, at least not yet, and it would appear that he doesn't fully understand the effects of TRAFFICS exposure. Whilst alone it will not make a particular type of investment fly without it, it has been much harder to get acceptance by American investors. The fact that we are now achieving that just shows how strong the IDN proposition really is. Rick is teamed with Monte. Monte believes but has no idea how to take the market forward at this stage. The Light Bulb moment is coming. We are just going to have to be patient.
RD is right...

I believe once one domino falls the rest will follow.... Some I'm just including as they had influence on the others.

Drewbert ---> Chris(shouldn't really count him but he's a big asciier - > Jay ---> Sahar

Next? Frank

Rick? Probably never...... These guys are too rich anyway to bother... What can they do with all of the millions they currently have.
Old 17th December 2007, 06:08 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck

I didn't know there was an original article! They declare, in a very clear way it is an exclusive interview to Domainsfera on 17th Dec 2007! My thread title was ironic, as if what he ever says is the law. They even go as further as to compare Rick to George Soros and Kissinger in a way that his opinions may have unpredictable and huge waves of consequences on the industry itself.
Old 17th December 2007, 06:12 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I didn't know there was an original article! They declare, in a very clear way it is an exclusive interview to Domainsfera on 17th Dec 2007! My thread title was ironic, as if what he ever says is the law. They even go as further as to compare Rick to George Soros and Kissinger in a way that his opinions may have unpredictable and huge waves of consequences on the industry itself.
Well may be it was, but Rick did not interview in Spanish and the account posted here makes nonsense in English. It doesn't even sound like Rick but the content is broadly similar to a previous posting on his blog. Perhaps he lifted the content himself!
Old 17th December 2007, 06:18 AM

I wouldn't expect anything more or less from him than Let the Market Decide.

That is what we all do, no matter what is said.

Interesting discussion, though. I wondered why he interviewed in Spanish unless he sent the written answers to questions via email.
Old 17th December 2007, 06:18 AM
Veteran

You guys see a lot of not-so-great IDNs being registered or converted to privacy these days? I can't imagine it being one of us here, willing to pay $1 more just to hide the WHOIS? For 2000 names, that's 2000 bucks extra every year!
Old 17th December 2007, 06:19 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Both Soros and Kissinger got a lot of things wrong too but you tend to mainly only hear about what they got right.

BTW - was an online auto translator used to translate Ricks blog as the english leaves a lot to be desired.

I do agree the market will determine the timing and ultimate successes of IDN, that's what markets do. That there is any doubt that they will be successful however is beyond me.
Old 17th December 2007, 06:20 AM

Agreed. Someone is buying out there. However, with so many scripts and so many good names, the pool is still big enough for all of us. By 2009, only brandables will be leftover.
Old 17th December 2007, 06:21 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
You guys see a lot of not-so-great IDNs being registered or converted to privacy these days? I can't imagine it being one of us here, willing to pay $1 more just to hide the WHOIS? For 2000 names, that's 2000 bucks extra every year!
Don't have to hide mine, I know they are crap but I do persist.
Old 17th December 2007, 06:24 AM

I don't get it...

People still don't understand the best .mobi's are held by .mobi tld

The .mobi domainers were left in the dust with the scraps

Sure, .mobi let the nice ones go but for a high price... makes you wonder if there is enough room to actually sell for a profit once .mobi lets them go....

What ever happened to the RFP's??? What about the .mobi president saying he would price .mobi's high to discourage domainers from scavenging them all?? Guess money talks.....

IDNs - We could see high priced sales but the premium domain holders do not want to sell. The OK names are on the auction block. These are better than mediocre .mobi's... You'd think that people would grasp that and try to make some money on IDNs...
Old 17th December 2007, 06:28 AM

I think everyone has figured out the truth about the dot mobis. Did the sales/auction of those big dot mobis actually go through?

Regarding IDNs: No one wants to sell their top ones. Same here. Time will tell for the rest of the buyers. They will jump in too late. We are the ones who are holding on.
Old 17th December 2007, 06:38 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsinternet
Agreed. Someone is buying out there. However, with so many scripts and so many good names, the pool is still big enough for all of us. By 2009, only brandables will be leftover.

Precisely, lots of people still buying, so why worry? IDN takes time to take off, people are buying for the future.

On the other side of the coin, i see a lot of buyers having buyer's remorse - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buyer%27s_remorse

IDNs are not like ASCII LLL or NNN, you can't buy and flip for immediate profit or even to square off. There is no established market for IDN to speak, most of the time, it is just one or two person interested in a particular name at a reasonable price.

If you're not prepared to wait, don't buy.