IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th March 2006, 02:20 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation
Reliable Hosting Company?

Hi,

Would someone recommand a reliable us based hosting company?

Thanks,

Michael
Old 17th March 2006, 03:39 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Re: Reliable Hosting Company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 261275
Hi,

Would someone recommand a reliable us based hosting company?

Thanks,

Michael
I know the owner of midphase.com which is a pretty large company. If interested let me know and I can get you hooked up.
Old 17th March 2006, 04:00 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

Hi Jeff,

If you can please pm me or post the owner name /tel so i can start working with them...ok to say you refered me?

Thanks,

Michael
Old 17th March 2006, 04:09 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 261275
Hi Jeff,

If you can please pm me or post the owner name /tel so i can start working with them...ok to say you refered me?

Thanks,

Michael
Sure, info is on the way.
Old 17th March 2006, 04:48 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

We have multiple accounts at Bluehost.com. You can host up to 6 domains on 1 account. They have about 100,000 customers, but also still have fantastic personal service, take phone calls, call you back etc. A better word for what we have experience is "uncommon" service.

PM me for more if interested, or you are welcome to talk with our IT manager. Hosting is as cheap as $ 6.95 per month and we have had 0 downtime. Also heard good things about another company hostgator.com

You can find dirt cheap hosting like $3 bucks a month at http://www.sitepoint.com/marketplace/. Beware of "private" individuals hosting your stuff...unless you can back it up and have a hard copy of site yourself. Many horror stories about the cheap and "free" hosting sites. Stick with the reputable companies. Regards, Bill .
Old 17th March 2006, 05:13 PM

idnceo is an unknown quantity at this point

And yeah it is great to find hosting with 0 downtime but if u know they regularly do maintenance, it is terrible for me, because they do their maintenance at 7pm in Japan while in california is 2am.

anyway, a hosting newbie question, but why to host a website in US servers takes longer to load than in Japan servers? shouldnt it be somehow almost identical time if you have great broadband? im now using hostdime.com but cmon it is so slow to load my websites in Japan. i used to have a japanese hosting and it was immediately that loaded the same website, the same pages. but i obviously pay now less than half than what i was paying with my japanese hosting company for the same plan ; ) anyway it sucks! cheaper but slower!
Old 17th March 2006, 05:27 PM

huronargentino is an unknown quantity at this point

If you guys need some hosting, with not much pretend of transfer and space, i can help you free of charge with my hosting account of idnpros
I have 1TB transfer and 60GB disk so i have some non used space!
Old 17th March 2006, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnceo
And yeah it is great to find hosting with 0 downtime but if u know they regularly do maintenance, it is terrible for me, because they do their maintenance at 7pm in Japan while in california is 2am.

anyway, a hosting newbie question, but why to host a website in US servers takes longer to load than in Japan servers? shouldnt it be somehow almost identical time if you have great broadband? im now using hostdime.com but cmon it is so slow to load my websites in Japan. i used to have a japanese hosting and it was immediately that loaded the same website, the same pages. but i obviously pay now less than half than what i was paying with my japanese hosting company for the same plan ; ) anyway it sucks! cheaper but slower!
I have 11 dedicated servers from a few diff companies and they all load fast....
Old 17th March 2006, 05:31 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

Thanks guys for all your help!
Old 17th March 2006, 05:33 PM

59domain is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnceo
but why to host a website in US servers takes longer to load than in Japan servers? shouldnt it be somehow almost identical time if you have great broadband?
Because you have to connect all the way to the US!

Seriously. Do a traceroute and you will see that you need more more steps to reach your server in US then your server in Japan. All these takes time.

In win xp type
Code:
tracert example.com
You can also see where it is causing all the slowness.
Old 17th March 2006, 07:25 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice
Talking Re: Reliable Hosting Company?

The one everyone is talking about is DreamHost http://www.dreamhost.com

They give you 20GB Disk, 1 Tera bandwidht, Host UNLIMITED domains (sites- ideal for us in here), PHP/MySQL and a free bonus domain. Price is $7 /mo.

However, I know a code you can use and get it for $20/year!!!! The trick is that they have a referal system which gives $97 each time a member refers someone. But using the code below, you get all the money yourself, instead of a member. You get a $97 discount, which on the 1 year pack gives 20 bucks only to pay, lol!

Now, doesn't that deserves some Rep Power? Thanks!!

Note: Some people say they oversell and have done some stress testing, with nice results. Search the net for it.

Code: BIGGESTDISCOUNT
Old 17th March 2006, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose
The one everyone is talking about is DreamHost http://www.dreamhost.com

They give you 20GB Disk, 1 Tera bandwidht, Host UNLIMITED domains (sites- ideal for us in here), PHP/MySQL and a free bonus domain. Price is $7 /mo.

However, I know a code you can use and get it for $20/year!!!! The trick is that they have a referal system which gives $97 each time a member refers someone. But using the code below, you get all the money yourself, instead of a member. You get a $97 discount, which on the 1 year pack gives 20 bucks only to pay, lol!

Now, doesn't that deserves some Rep Power? Thanks!!

Note: Some people say they oversell and have done some stress testing, with nice results. Search the net for it.

Code: BIGGESTDISCOUNT
As an Ex Associate Editor of a major webhosting magazine I'd say alot of these names mentioned so far are well known. Do not use any hosts on sitepoint...... they are good at designs but not webhosting...

webhostingtalk - you can find hosts there too but go with the big brands.(small ones could close down and take your $ day 2). I learned the hard way.
Old 17th March 2006, 10:44 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

-edit-

Last edited by bwhhisc; 1st April 2015 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: at request of OP