IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th March 2006, 08:37 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
"No IDN letters, no trickery spelling."

Here's a funny one - http://www.dnforum.com/f118/shows-co...?highlight=idn

:o
Old 17th March 2006, 09:00 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy
Re: "No IDN letters, no trickery spelling."

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
He screwed up on a translation the other day and lost $6.99 so now he takes it out that IDN's are worthless.

I highly doubt he owns shows.com
Old 17th March 2006, 09:01 PM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

Yeah, that's going to make it fly off the shelf!
Old 17th March 2006, 09:27 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammascalper
Yeah, that's going to make it fly off the shelf!
only $365k!

I'd rather pay double and buy property.com
Old 18th March 2006, 03:04 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

I am just amazed at what some think their domains are worth...no wonder he doesn't want any posts. Thanks for the smile touchring.

Last edited by bwhhisc; 18th March 2006 at 03:06 AM..
Old 18th March 2006, 04:47 AM
Veteran

-> What are IDN letters? And how these IDN letters cause "trickery" spelling?

"Domain is being sold based solely on its name and potential."
-> So no significant traffic?
Old 18th March 2006, 04:50 AM

Quote:
noted: OVT 250 w/ ext :P

hahah
Old 18th March 2006, 06:35 AM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Looking at his sig line, I'm betting it's the only decent name he's got and the only chance in life he'll ever have of making decent money.

I'm also betting he hasn't owned it since new - I think he was still in nappies when it was first regged. I wonder what the ownership history is?
Old 18th March 2006, 08:36 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
-> What are IDN letters? And how these IDN letters cause "trickery" spelling?

"Domain is being sold based solely on its name and potential."
Perhaps, sour grapes. Getting in late and has pretty much realised that all the first class accommodation went a couple of months back.

Missing the boat second time around is going to hit some people very hard emotionally. Hope we don't have people jumping off tall buildings over this!

Rubber Duck
Old 18th March 2006, 08:49 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Perhaps, sour grapes. Getting in late and has pretty much realised that all the first class accommodation went a couple of months back.

Missing the boat second time around is going to hit some people very hard emotionally. Hope we don't have people jumping off tall buildings over this!

Rubber Duck
Yes, but was a second around for latin.com even in 1997/1998 period - people that overcame the jealousy of what those got in 1995, and went on to register compound word domains also made a lot of money later.

And the guy who paid $150K for business.com in 1997 (a huge amt then) went on to make 9 million dollars a few years later. If he were a jealous person, he wouldn't have made so much.

Last edited by touchring; 18th March 2006 at 08:52 AM..
Old 18th March 2006, 09:02 AM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Yes, but was a second around for latin.com even in 1997/1998 period - people that overcame the jealousy of what those got in 1995, and went on to register compound word domains also made a lot of money later.

And the guy who paid $150K for business.com in 1997 (a huge amt then) went on to make 9 million dollars a few years later. If he were a jealous person, he wouldn't have made so much.
Yes, but because everyone who understand IDN has a clearer vision of where things are going than was available back then, the incremental development of these market is turning into a blurr. Edwin and a few others have almost wiped out Japan in terms of the top two word combos.

It is like going Back to the Future and betting on the horses. You cannot bloody loose, if you can remember what won last time!

Rubber Duck
Old 18th March 2006, 09:04 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, but because everyone who understand IDN has a clearer vision of where things are going than was available back then, the incremental development of these market is turning into a blurr. Edwin and a few others have almost wiped out Japan in terms of the top two word combos.

It is like going Back to the Future and betting on the horses. You cannot bloody loose, if you can remember what won last time!

Rubber Duck
btw, you were in your prime back then, didn't you go into domains, or you were busy building bridges?
Old 18th March 2006, 09:11 AM
Veteran

Quote:
btw, you were in your prime back then, didn't you go into domains, or you were busy building bridges?
No, I was a you say wasting my life in Engineering.

I think the first dot com boom was primarily an American phenomenon. Took the Brits much longer to get online initially than the US, and every other nation was much further behind. I think the concept of a truely Global Internet was really only just taking root! It was a bit like a Baseball World Series.

Rubber Duck
Old 18th March 2006, 09:35 AM

Clotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enough

Guys,

While I admit that the description he chose is somewhat amusing, he is at least a person that has shown an interest in IDN's before. The words he chose are easily interpreted to mean that the domain he offers is genuine.

Just because some of us were treated with such disdain for so long, is it really necessary to reciprocate the sentiment?

At risk of seeming a bleeding heart, I would propose that it is in all of our best financial interest to be a little extra compassionate and understanding. Particularly, because we are on a forum where multiple cultures and degrees of comprehension coexist.
Old 18th March 2006, 12:40 PM
Veteran

Quote:

I think the first dot com boom was primarily an American phenomenon. Took the Brits much longer to get online initially than the US, and every other nation was much further behind. I think the concept of a truely Global Internet was really only just taking root! It was a bit like a Baseball World Series.

Rubber Duck

True, the domains are gone by the time the internet spread to the rest of the world. The first time i used the internet was in 1997 and that was in school. That was also the first time i learnt about the internet.

Last edited by touchring; 18th March 2006 at 12:43 PM..
Old 18th March 2006, 01:07 PM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clotho
Guys,

While I admit that the description he chose is somewhat amusing, he is at least a person that has shown an interest in IDN's before. The words he chose are easily interpreted to mean that the domain he offers is genuine.

Just because some of us were treated with such disdain for so long, is it really necessary to reciprocate the sentiment?

At risk of seeming a bleeding heart, I would propose that it is in all of our best financial interest to be a little extra compassionate and understanding. Particularly, because we are on a forum where multiple cultures and degrees of comprehension coexist.

I think you're right and I think I would have done the same if I had such a name for sale, unfortunately.
Old 18th March 2006, 04:23 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramiozo
I think you're right and I think I would have done the same if I had such a name for sale, unfortunately.
Well, i guess from the marketing point of view, he caught everyone's attention, although he'd made a fool out of himself, at least among us with that "idn letters=trickery spelling" association. :p
Old 18th March 2006, 05:02 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive

Quote:
I'm STILL wasting my life with Engineering... but hopefully not for long.
Old 18th March 2006, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

I'd rather be in a world without accountants than a world without engineers.
Old 18th March 2006, 06:16 PM

Clotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert
I'd rather be in a world without accountants than a world without engineers.
I'll put in my vote for a world without lawyers!