IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th January 2008, 07:47 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation
笔记本电脑.com

Hi All,
A member contacted me with this domain and an asking price.
I agreed to his offer and need to confirm this is the main term used for the word laptop(s) in simp. chinese.

TIA,
Michael.
Old 4th January 2008, 08:09 PM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bramiozo Send a message via Skype™ to bramiozo
Re: 笔记本电脑.com

The person who just won it from snap ?

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/1599...uter%29-a.html
Old 4th January 2008, 08:13 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, that's a fast flip! :o
Old 4th January 2008, 08:24 PM
Administrator

bramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished roadbramiozo is on a distinguished road

Correction: he didn't have it, still in the snap auction :o .
Old 4th January 2008, 08:25 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

how to sell a name without owning it?
Old 4th January 2008, 08:28 PM
ком.ком コム.コム

555 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
how to sell a name without owning it?
Exactly my thought.
Old 4th January 2008, 08:30 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to IDNCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 261275
Exactly my thought.
It's America. It's what I call free enterprise. I had the priviledge of knowing about the snap auction. I gave the option for others who wouldn't have known about it an opportunity to buy the name from me.

Will I do it again? No, I didn't expect the snap price to go so high. It was never agreed to be sold as 26 said I'll let you know in an hour. I said NO it has to be now (within 2 min for a low price). I have screenshots 26 so quit bsing before I pull up your DNF threads about the F BI investigating you.

There was never a deal. I didn't know if it was the main term or not when 26 asked. I said Caveat Emptor.
Old 4th January 2008, 08:46 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDNCowboy
It's America. It's what I call free enterprise. I had the priviledge of knowing about the snap auction. I gave the option for others who wouldn't have known about it an opportunity to buy the name from me.

You, sir, are a real piece of work.

Old 4th January 2008, 08:47 PM

zenmarketing is an unknown quantity at this point

It sold for $5,832.00 for those who were not in the auction.
Old 4th January 2008, 08:49 PM

IDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enoughIDNCowboy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm
You, sir, are a real piece of work.

Thanks my parents think so too.. It's good to have an entrepreneur in the family. They wish they had several of me.

I don't understand. I was going to bid up to $5000 for myself. It wasn't like I had no self interest in the name. However if there is a chance to quick flip it... why not?

You sir are the piece of work for not thinking of this excellent equation. Welcome to America. Maybe they don't do this in Finland.

Also, I would have completed the deal if he had agreed. He wanted an hour to look up the name. I said No and that was the price to buy it at the present minute. It is his own stupid fault for not agreeing. Yes, I would have then paid out of my pocket.

Last edited by IDNCowboy; 4th January 2008 at 08:56 PM..
Old 4th January 2008, 08:55 PM
Semi-retired

alpha has disabled reputation

Quote:
I have screenshots 26 so quit bsing before I pull up your DNF threads about the F BI investigating you.

There was never a deal. I didn't know if it was the main term or not when 26 asked. I said Caveat Emptor.
Hey Jeff, are you looking to join the elite list of assholes that frequent this forum?

All that BS about 26 and the Feds is just that BS.. started by some malicious idiot on DNF.. and now dragged up again by you.

how do I know this? Because when I was a mod here i was called in to look into all the allegations because if you remember the lynch mob wanted 26 banned - and i can tell you they are nothing more than BS, and I was shown and still have legal documents showing all this proof.

So be careful what you say, there's been enough flaming here over the last few days for the whole of 2008.

If you have an issue with someone, sort it out.. threatening to ignite BS old rumors is not cool - in fact it's downright childish (something you get accused of being on a regular basis)
Old 4th January 2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale
Hey Jeff, are you looking to join the elite list of assholes that frequent this forum?

All that BS about 26 and the Feds is just that BS.. started by some malicious idiot on DNF.. and now dragged up again by you.

how do I know this? Because when I was a mod here i was called in to look into all the allegations because if you remember the lynch mob wanted 26 banned - and i can tell you they are nothing more than BS, and I was shown and still have legal documents showing all this proof.

So be careful what you say, there's been enough flaming here over the last few days for the whole of 2008.

If you have an issue with someone, sort it out.. threatening to ignite BS old rumors is not cool - in fact it's downright childish (something you get accused of being on a regular basis)
listen sugga momma. He defamed me and said I didn't close a deal which was never agreed to. That is downright childish. I will not have my name dragged across the forum this time as it was nothing I agreed to.

Also, you guys should thank me. The name was at $81 within 5 minutes of the auction ending. The other bidders were nowhere to be seen. I bid it all the way up by myself for my own purchase. It wasn't til 20 minutes after the auction would have ended that another bidder took it up to $5800. Now you have a superb dnjournal entry instead of a namepros IDN buy now sale.
Old 4th January 2008, 08:58 PM
Administrator

If the buyer was made aware I don't see the problem, especially since he disclosed the auction. I actually find it a lean way to do business, you don't see it often though.

Undisputed is the fact that this is the first sale in 2008 above $5000.
Old 4th January 2008, 08:58 PM

High $xxxx sale on DNJOURNAL now because of me.... Would have been $81!!!!!!

Thanks for nothing guys
Old 4th January 2008, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
listen sugga momma. He defamed me and said I didn't close a deal which was never agreed to. That is downright childish. I will not have my name dragged across the forum this time as it was nothing I agreed to.
These are just the moments when you have to keep your cool Jeff, no matter how insightfull, smart or bold you might be in your actions.

Using false information to slander someone is illegal in my country and I am sure it is in yours, be careful with that, don't let your ego be your nememis.
Old 4th January 2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramiozo
Using false information to slander someone is illegal in my country and I am sure it is in yours, be careful with that, don't let your ego be your nememis.
tell ms to look in the mirror. that is exactly what he did to me.

Thanks guys... I know for next time to let it stay at $81

F u all

I'm off to do my errands.. Please ban me. It's the same shit every single day.. 2008, 2009, 2010... IDNs will be widespread tomm, etc. If it wasn't for me this forum would be a graveyard. Most of my threads are three pages easily.....

MS you are a piece of shit.

Rhys, touch and burnz are the best members here. Don't lose them too.

No part of this transaction took place on IDNF.... Not my fault ms is not playing by the rules.

Watch this place turn into DNLOCAL

BYE ALL <3<3<3

Last edited by IDNCowboy; 4th January 2008 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 4th January 2008, 09:32 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Also, you guys should thank me. The name was at $81 within 5 minutes of the auction ending. The other bidders were nowhere to be seen. I bid it all the way up by myself for my own purchase. .[/b]
How do you bid a Snapnames auction up by YOURSELF?

And why would you want to bid an auction up if you are the buyer?
Old 4th January 2008, 09:49 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc

Remember the anecdote about parallel universes?

Well, Jeff has managed to hire one all to himself!

Trouble is there is an instability in the space time continuum so he keeps getting momentarily projected across into our universe, but don't worry about it, it not like it is a real person or anything, just a bit of localised ionization.

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 4th January 2008 at 09:55 PM..
Old 4th January 2008, 10:03 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Very nice to see IDNCowboy revealing itself.

I guess you just need time and the true personality of people WILL come to surface.

Too bad our "little chat" thread was deleted.
Old 4th January 2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc

because nobody tried to go against the other guys proxy bid which was obviously up to at least $6000

I wanted to bid on it... Read the above posts... After some time another bidder who obviously was late to the auction decided to bid it up even more. It is a kickass name. Nothing like that has dropped for the past year.

On and jose... in response to your message above:

Shut the fuck up