View Single Post
Old 25th April 2010, 07:49 AM

gmspitalio is an unknown quantity at this pointgmspitalio is an unknown quantity at this pointgmspitalio is an unknown quantity at this pointgmspitalio is an unknown quantity at this point
Buying a chinese IDN

I am thinking of buying a chinese idn from one of the users here in the forum. The idn is registered at ename.cn and has a .cn extension.

Now as I am fairly new to this, I am not sure how it will be work. From having a read there are quite a few restrictions in place and some rather strict T&C's for registering chinese domains.

I am assuming the guy selling me the IDN.cn is based in china and of chinese origin. So, if I were to obtain the domain from him, would there be a risk that I lose (i.e. CNNIC takes it from me) the domain as I am not chinese nor a citizen of the country?

Secondly, I was thinking of opening an ename account and having the seller push the account there from his ename to mine. Would there still be an issue with doing that? What if I want to renew the idn.cn, do I have to submit papers?

Help appreciated. Thanks