IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Development > Browser, Mobile & Software

Browser, Mobile & Software Discussion of IDNs & browsers such as Microsoft IE, mobile cell phones, or other software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th March 2006, 04:47 PM

Explorer is an unknown quantity at this point
Microsoft to Update IE7 for MIX Confab

Looks like Microsoft is on track with respect to its timetable for IE7.

http://www.betanews.com/article/Micr...fab/1142615091
Old 19th March 2006, 05:14 PM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Microsoft to Update IE7 for MIX Confab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer
Looks like Microsoft is on track with respect to its timetable for IE7.

http://www.betanews.com/article/Micr...fab/1142615091
On track for an August/September official release.
Old 19th March 2006, 07:07 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Yes all and all good news. I just wish reporters would do a little more searching and ask a few more questions before writing a story instead of making others do it for them...

News Story....

Quote:
The special MIX 06 IE7 release will be distributed to attendees, but Microsoft has not committed to making the build public or available on MSDN.
Official IE7 Blog.

Quote:
I am showing them our latest bits, which we plan to hand out for the MIX06 conference (and yes, we’ll hand out publicly after the conference too).
They are going to hand out the updated IE7 after the conference is over.
Old 19th March 2006, 07:08 PM

sarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enoughsarcle will become famous soon enough

Yes all and all good news. I just wish reporters would do a little more searching and ask a few more questions before writing a story instead of making others do it for them...

News Story....

Quote:
The special MIX 06 IE7 release will be distributed to attendees, but Microsoft has not committed to making the build public or available on MSDN.
Official IE7 Blog.

Quote:
I am showing them our latest bits, which we plan to hand out for the MIX06 conference (and yes, we’ll hand out publicly after the conference too).
Old 19th March 2006, 07:17 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

I cannot think that the Automatic update version is so far away now. The layout will be fixed in this latest version, so the there on in its sounds like so much window dressing.

How much can still be missing that cannot be added or amended later as part of the routine updates. If you auto-update to IE 7.0 everbody who gets it is going to be on automatic updates so any minor problems shouid be able to be fixed in this manner. What else are they waiting for? An official opening by the Queen perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcle

News Story....

Official IE7 Blog.

Old 19th March 2006, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
What else are they waiting for? An official opening by the Queen perhaps?
I wonder how much it costs to get her to show up to one of those?
Old 19th March 2006, 08:34 PM

Explorer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
I cannot think that the Automatic update version is so far away now. The layout will be fixed in this latest version, so the there on in its sounds like so much window dressing.

How much can still be missing that cannot be added or amended later as part of the routine updates. If you auto-update to IE 7.0 everbody who gets it is going to be on automatic updates so any minor problems shouid be able to be fixed in this manner. What else are they waiting for? An official opening by the Queen perhaps?
I wonder if the phrase "wake up rich" in this situation is too far-fetched.