IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > النطاقات العربي

النطاقات العربي Discussion on Arabic Domains

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th January 2008, 05:57 PM

zorglub is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to zorglub Send a message via Yahoo to zorglub Send a message via Skype™ to zorglub
overture is damn slow... which tool to quantify the arabic queries ?

Most of the time I'm using Google Trends and Google Adwords to check the potential of the term. I can compare between terms I know, but sometimes I just would like to quantify the number of searches the term has. Overture US gives me that but it's so slow to use ! So is there another tool, especially in arabic ?

I realize I should use the # of Google searchs results. Do you go on Google.com or Google.ae for instance ? And then which factor should I apply to approach the # of search queries ?

Thanks a lot ! I realize these are really beginner questions !
Old 10th January 2008, 08:53 PM

g is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished roadg is on a distinguished road
Re: overture is damn slow... which tool to quantify the arabic queries ?

good overture names are already gone

my advice : don't concentrate on search results to pick new registrations unless you are native arabic who knows what he is doing.

best thing is to consult a native arabic translator who of course is not an IDNer

I used to recommend premium names for pennies but now I am a retired Recommender..
Old 10th January 2008, 09:04 PM

zorglub is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to zorglub Send a message via Yahoo to zorglub Send a message via Skype™ to zorglub
Re: overture is damn slow... which tool to quantify the arabic queries ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by g
my advice : don't concentrate on search results to pick new registrations unless you are native arabic who knows what he is doing.
OK, anyway I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g
best thing is to consult a native arabic translator who of course is not an IDNer
I have friends... but will be difficult to show them everytime I want to reg one !

Quote:
Originally Posted by g
I used to recommend premium names for pennies but now I am a retired Recommender..
Yes I saw your lists... So you're not regging any more in arabic a lot ? Or would you consider selling lists ?