IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names

IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/)
-   IDN Sales Report (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/idn-sales-report/)
-   -   Städte.de & Länder.de (http://www.idnforums.com/forums/16504-st%C3%A4dte-de-and-l%C3%A4nder-de.html)

Wot 22nd January 2008 09:38 AM

Städte.de & Länder.de
 
Sold at Sedo 11,100 eurós each.

touchring 22nd January 2008 10:19 AM

Re: Städte.de & Länder.de
 
Looks like most of the buyers of de are from germany. Smart moves in my opinion. .De IDN are sure winners.

jacksonm 22nd January 2008 11:15 AM

Re: Städte.de & Länder.de
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by touchring
Looks like most of the buyers of de are from germany. Smart moves in my opinion. .De IDN are sure winners.


Not much commercial value or potential for type-in with these two if you ask me.

cities.de
states.de

.

Rubber Duck 22nd January 2008 11:51 AM

Re: Städte.de & Länder.de
 
These Auctions closed before Christmas. I was wondering how these didn't get reported. Where did you find them?

jacksonm 22nd January 2008 12:14 PM

Re: Städte.de & Länder.de
 
German IDN.com must have no resale value. Strange, since most of the German IDN.coms are owned by Germans.


Thinking about German geo domains, I just picked this one up. I think it was a drop, as the dot info has been taken for 4 years already.

köln-bonn.com (xn--kln-bonn-n4a.com)


http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Region_K%C3%B6ln/Bonn


I have concluded that Germans almost unanimously use the dash to separate words in domains.

.

sunsei21 22nd January 2008 03:49 PM

Re: Städte.de & Länder.de
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksonm
German IDN.com must have no resale value. Strange, since most of the German IDN.coms are owned by Germans.


Thinking about German geo domains, I just picked this one up. I think it was a drop, as the dot info has been taken for 4 years already.

köln-bonn.com (xn--kln-bonn-n4a.com)


http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Region_K%C3%B6ln/Bonn


I have concluded that Germans almost unanimously use the dash to separate words in domains.

.

ya they do i asked on a german forum to bad .com is so weak for german

touchring 22nd January 2008 03:57 PM

Re: Städte.de & Länder.de
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksonm
Not much commercial value or potential for type-in with these two if you ask me.

cities.de
states.de

.


then do you think japanese or chinese names get much type-in? for japanese and chinese, we need to calculate type-in by stacks of 100 names, or it will go to 0.1 type-in per name per month. LOL.

jacksonm 22nd January 2008 04:06 PM

Re: Städte.de & Länder.de
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunsei21
ya they do i asked on a german forum to bad .com is so weak for german


Weak in which way? For resale? I don't care; I plan on keeping mine.

.

mulligan 23rd January 2008 02:42 AM

Re: Städte.de & Länder.de
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amirmullick3
Good job selling those. I have .de domains as well, but I cant get them out to anyone! LOL. Someday though. Germans huh...?

What does 'Germans huh...?' mean?

sunsei21 23rd January 2008 02:45 AM

Re: Städte.de & Länder.de
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksonm
Weak in which way? For resale? I don't care; I plan on keeping mine.

.

ya resale im keeping mine as well :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulligan
What does 'Germans huh...?' mean?

his post have been random at best lol

mulligan 23rd January 2008 03:05 AM

Re: Städte.de & Länder.de
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunsei21
ya resale im keeping mine as well :)


his post have been random at best lol

'random' is putting it politely ... :rolleyes:

sunsei21 23rd January 2008 03:27 AM

Re: Städte.de & Länder.de
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulligan
'random' is putting it politely ... :rolleyes:

lol ;)

jacksonm 23rd January 2008 08:19 AM

Re: Städte.de & Länder.de
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunsei21
ya resale im keeping mine as well :)

Well, obviously if Germans didn't see value in IDN.com then they wouldn't have bought nearly all of them between 4 and 6 years ago! The country has over 80 million people, so the dot de namespace gets crowded real fast.


Try this test:

Using Google.de, I selected "Seiten auf Deutsch" (pages in German) - this also includes Austria, some of Switzerland, some of Belgium, etc, etc.


Search for site:.de

http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=...a=lr%3Dlang_de

25.8 million results

--

Search for site:.com

http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=...a=lr%3Dlang_de

24.6 million results

--

Search for site:.net

http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=...a=lr%3Dlang_de

2.94 million results

--

To me, it seems that dot com is right on par with dot de for sites which are written in German language (for internal consumption), but they really don't like dot net much at all.

Now, this is where dot com really whomps dot de's ass - sites inside Germany which are written in any language (mostly english, for foreign customers, etc).

--

Go to Google.de, select "Seiten aus Deutschland".


Search for site:.com

http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=...cr%3DcountryDE

79 million results

--

Search for site:.de

http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=...cr%3DcountryDE

47.3 million results

--


Well, those stats are only useful if you trust Google's indexes to be accurate, but they do provide some sort of picture.


I also have development possibilities since I can speak German, unlike Japanese. German PPC also seems to be on par or even higher than Japanese - my experience has been that the average is about 5 cents higher per click (22 cents with German, compared to 17 cents with Japanese). CTR is also higher since Germans aren't all surfing with mobile phones. And you don't have to contend with that damned yahoo - I hate that search engine, it's like a freaking roller coaster ride.

.

sunsei21 23rd January 2008 11:10 AM

Re: Städte.de & Länder.de
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksonm
Well, obviously if Germans didn't see value in IDN.com then they wouldn't have bought nearly all of them between 4 and 6 years ago! The country has over 80 million people, so the dot de namespace gets crowded real fast.


Try this test:

Using Google.de, I selected "Seiten auf Deutsch" (pages in German) - this also includes Austria, some of Switzerland, some of Belgium, etc, etc.


Search for site:.de

http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=...a=lr%3Dlang_de

25.8 million results

--

Search for site:.com

http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=...a=lr%3Dlang_de

24.6 million results

--

Search for site:.net

http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=...a=lr%3Dlang_de

2.94 million results

--

To me, it seems that dot com is right on par with dot de for sites which are written in German language (for internal consumption), but they really don't like dot net much at all.

Now, this is where dot com really whomps dot de's ass - sites inside Germany which are written in any language (mostly english, for foreign customers, etc).

--

Go to Google.de, select "Seiten aus Deutschland".


Search for site:.com

http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=...cr%3DcountryDE

79 million results

--

Search for site:.de

http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=...cr%3DcountryDE

47.3 million results

--


Well, those stats are only useful if you trust Google's indexes to be accurate, but they do provide some sort of picture.


I also have development possibilities since I can speak German, unlike Japanese. German PPC also seems to be on par or even higher than Japanese - my experience has been that the average is about 5 cents higher per click (22 cents with German, compared to 17 cents with Japanese). CTR is also higher since Germans aren't all surfing with mobile phones. And you don't have to contend with that damned yahoo - I hate that search engine, it's like a freaking roller coaster ride.

.

lol i agree adsense and SE .coms will surely gain ground just looking at the sales proportions .de and seems .info is out in front but germans are big domainers there are some tome top tier .us they own as well :) german clicks pay so much better too


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0
Copyright idnforums.com 2005


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54