IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Talk > IDN Newbies

IDN Newbies IDN domain newbie questions like What is an IDN domain, what are idners, how do you use punycode, is there a Japanese sedo etc. Since this is a new market please don't hesitate to ask questions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th January 2008, 06:21 PM

Muhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enough
Question RACE encoding

Hello all,
I have a question regarding RACE encoding, I don't understand it very good, therefore I don't know the right action now, here is what happened:
I registered a domain with a registrar which shows me the name as registraed, and is being responded as taken with other registrars, good yet? now, when I go to my domain it's not resolving and the registrar told me they regged it in RACE encoding but there is some problem in resolving the domain to the RACE encoding, Is the domain is mine now since it being successfully ordered to me? or it can be taken by another registrar?? Should I ask them for a refund and delete the order, or the resolving problem will finish and the name is mine??
any help here is very appreciated
Old 24th January 2008, 06:27 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm
Re: RACE encoding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Mustafa
Hello all,
I have a question regarding RACE encoding, I don't understand it very good, therefore I don't know the right action now, here is what happened:
I registered a domain with a registrar which shows me the name as registraed, and is being responded as taken with other registrars, good yet? now, when I go to my domain it's not resolving and the registrar told me they regged it in RACE encoding but there is some problem in resolving the domain to the RACE encoding, Is the domain is mine now since it being successfully ordered to me? or it can be taken by another registrar?? Should I ask them for a refund and delete the order, or the resolving problem will finish and the name is mine??
any help here is very appreciated

RACE encoding was obsoleted several years ago. Everything should be punycode now.

Old 25th January 2008, 12:28 PM

Muhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enoughMuhammad Mustafa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm
RACE encoding was obsoleted several years ago. Everything should be punycode now.

as I being told, some registrars still using RACE encoding instead of Punycode, .kr still using it??
Old 25th January 2008, 12:41 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Mustafa
as I being told, some registrars still using RACE encoding instead of Punycode, .kr still using it??

dot kr is not a registrar, it's a registry.

The thing with race is that you risk some software not supporting it. For example, does IE7 support race, I really doubt it.

Old 25th January 2008, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm
dot kr is not a registrar, it's a registry.

The thing with race is that you risk some software not supporting it. For example, does IE7 support race, I really doubt it.

thanks a lot MJ for your support, sorry for registrar and registery info, I wrote in a rush over the previous days