IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | idntools | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > Dominios IDN Español

Dominios IDN Español IDNers can discuss & talk about Spanish IDN domains.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th January 2008, 05:01 PM

rolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Spanish .info

So what do you guys think to Spanish .info?

Apart from the real Tier 1 obvious premiums, what about the lesser dictionary words?

I supposed they may not have value now but if IDN truly grabs hold in years to come then they should be?

I guess existing dictionary .info domain valuations should provide some sort of idea. I'm just surprised not to see more written about the recent landrush.

Maybe I'm missing the point, are these .info useless?
Old 25th January 2008, 06:32 PM

Fka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enoughFka200 will become famous soon enough
Re: Spanish .info

I would get something only if planned to be developed! I don't think they are useless.
Old 25th January 2008, 06:44 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Click here: www.spain.info
Old 25th January 2008, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

I think they should alias it to .infos

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Spanish for "information" has singular and plural, and the plural is used a lot more in the shortened form.
Old 25th January 2008, 07:07 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Spanish for "information" has singular and plural, and the plural is used a lot more in the shortened form.
Same with German.

Old 25th January 2008, 07:45 PM

Charrua is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

information = información the plural is informaciones the only diminutive or abbreviation is .info same for .org .net .com
Old 25th January 2008, 07:49 PM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charrua
information = información the plural is informaciones the only diminutive or abbreviation is .info same for .org .net .com

We are talking about spoken language.

At least in German, it's very common to say "mehr infos" (more info).

Old 25th January 2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm
We are talking about spoken language.

At least in German, it's very common to say "mehr infos" (more info).

In Spanish, it's very common to say "más info" (more info) anybody say "más infos" (more infos) at least in Spanish speaking person or native Spanish speakers .
Old 25th January 2008, 09:24 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charrua
That's why latin IDNs rocks! No dname to worrie about!
Old 25th January 2008, 09:47 PM

Hi Jose, what is dname?

btw can you please tell me which is preferred - masculine or feminine version of a word?

I give you an example of 2 available domains (no problem, I don't want these 2):

clásico.info
clásica.info

Which is preferred by the Spanish market in general (cual es, generalmente ) ?
Old 26th January 2008, 08:54 AM

tikonenko is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to tikonenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolf
Hi Jose, what is dname?

btw can you please tell me which is preferred - masculine or feminine version of a word?

I give you an example of 2 available domains (no problem, I don't want these 2):

clásico.info
clásica.info

Which is preferred by the Spanish market in general (cual es, generalmente ) ?
Hi

Visit www.realacademiaespañola.es ::: www.rae.es

Insert keyword "clásico" or "clásica" in textbox (under Diccionario de la lengua española
Vigésima segunda edición)
Old 26th January 2008, 09:47 AM

disgusting avatar, tikonenko

tikonenko, I didn't have anything against you personally but I added you to my ignore list after I seen your new avatar - that thing is extremely offensive to me. I wonder why you feel the need to use such a disgusting picture.

Vbulletin doesn't show a person's avatar or their post if they are on your ignore list.

Old 26th January 2008, 01:57 PM

Hi tikonenko,

I did that but I'm not sure what it's supposed to show? Does it indicate that one is preferred or dominant over the other? I can't say that I spotted that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikonenko
Hi

Visit www.realacademiaespañola.es ::: www.rae.es

Insert keyword "clásico" or "clásica" in textbox (under Diccionario de la lengua española
Vigésima segunda edición)
Old 26th January 2008, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy
Re: disgusting avatar, tikonenko

Quote:
tikonenko, I didn't have anything against you personally but I added you to my ignore list after I seen your new avatar - that thing is extremely offensive to me. I wonder why you feel the need to use such a disgusting picture.

Vbulletin doesn't show a person's avatar or their post if they are on your ignore list.

Dude, chill out, that's a pacifier/dummy.
Old 26th January 2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Dude, chill out, that's a pacifier/dummy.
I don't care if it's a drawing - to me, it was mentally disturbing. Especially when I saw that first thing in the morning!

Old 26th January 2008, 08:27 PM

I must admit, it scared me too - real or not. Anyway, does anyone know which is popular, the masculine or the feminine adjective?
Old 26th January 2008, 11:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I don't care if it's a drawing - to me, it was mentally disturbing. Especially when I saw that first thing in the morning!

So are you advocating the banning of joke pacifiers, or are you going to be walking down the street one day, see a baby using one, and freak out at his parents?
Old 27th January 2008, 12:14 AM

Quote:
So are you advocating the banning of joke pacifiers, or are you going to be walking down the street one day, see a baby using one, and freak out at his parents?

I'm just saying that the thing is grotesque.

Last edited by jacksonm; 27th January 2008 at 12:24 AM..
Old 27th January 2008, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolf
I must admit, it scared me too - real or not. Anyway, does anyone know which is popular, the masculine or the feminine adjective?

I don't know which is more popular i just can tell you as a Spanish speaking person that when i think in the masculine version clásico it just comes to my mind (fútbol clásico, partido clásico, classic game of soccer, classic soccer) like a tournament of classic soccer teams yes all that comes to my mind LOL and when i think in the femenine version clásica it comes (música clásica, classic music)
Old 27th January 2008, 08:19 AM
Veteran

In portuguese it has two "s"

Good morning.