View Single Post
Old 6th October 2010, 07:03 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough
Re: IDN Hall of Shame Nominee: Network Solutions

Wow...the power of the internet. I guess someone cross posted this on another forum, then someone pushed that post up to Twitter and it got "picked up" by Network Solutions PR staff.

I just got a call from one of their VP's .... nice guy just wanted to apologize for them not catching the (IDN) before it went to negotiated sale. I just told him that I was pretty shocked that a company as big and as influential as NS was not supporting IDNs now that they were fully supported by MS browers, and ICANN/Verisign/Int'l Registrars etc are spending hundreds of millions of dollars on the worldwide implementation. Not to mention the 3.5 billion population of Asia that are heavy internet users and most non-English speaking to boot.

At any rate he indicated their current domains system at Network Solutions may not be able to handle IDNs, but he was not in thier engineering department. He did say it was going to be reviewed and they would look into whether they could/would support them in the future. I told him he was welcome to come on and join and post here.

Maybe something good will come out of this.....it would certainly be nice if an industry leader like NS got behind and supported the ICANN/ Verisign IDN rollout.

Last edited by bwhhisc; 6th October 2010 at 08:53 PM..