IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > Regional Specific Discussion > 日本語ドメイン

日本語ドメイン Discussion for Japan IDN Domain names. Japanese IDNs are available in .com .net & .jp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th February 2008, 09:29 PM

rolf is an unknown quantity at this point
What do you think of .com and do they get traffic?

I know that .jp is the preferred in this market but what do you think of .com?

I've found a number of what I think are premium .com where the .jp is already registered.

Tempted to reg but not sure. Do .com get anywhere near as good type-in as the .jp ?

Thanks
Old 5th February 2008, 09:31 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive
Re: What do you think of .com and do they get traffic?

Can't go wrong with the .com.

Register at Dynadot if you're not sure and ask for opinions here afterwards. You have 5 days to drop.
Old 5th February 2008, 11:01 PM

sunsei21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sunsei21 Send a message via Skype™ to sunsei21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolf

I've found a number of what I think are premium .com where the .jp is already registered.

Tempted to reg but not sure. Do .com get anywhere near as good type-in as the .jp ?

Thanks
never mind.....
Old 6th February 2008, 12:30 AM

mgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enough

.coms are definitely just as good for japanese than jp in my experience. I get about the same earnings for both .com .jp for my Japanese IDNs (.com slightly more).
Specially if the .jp is held by a Japanese native i would definitely be signing up the .com

Last edited by mgrohan; 6th February 2008 at 01:59 AM..
Old 6th February 2008, 12:42 AM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Thanks
I do't know where you get this. In my portfolio, the Japanese .com performs much better than .jp. Usually, with the same keywords, the .jp receives 30%ish of traffic as the .com does.
Old 6th February 2008, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markits
I do't know where you get this. In my portfolio, the Japanese .com performs much better than .jp. Usually, with the same keywords, the .jp receives 30%ish of traffic as the .com does.
some people do need their hands held in this game. i commend you all for doing so
Old 6th February 2008, 07:26 AM

Clotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enoughClotho will become famous soon enough

Hi Rolf,

It is true that the .jp may be preferred by some. Those seeking domains on the merits of traffic would be wise to invest in the .com in the Japanese namespace. From my own experience (I have domains in all 3 extensions .jp .com and .net) the .com always outperforms the .jp and .net by a significant margin. I do like .jp though. I think it is an excellent extension and is particularly good for domains that may be regional in scope.
Old 6th February 2008, 08:07 AM

jacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished roadjacksonm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jacksonm Send a message via Skype™ to jacksonm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsei21
some people do need their hands held in this game. i commend you all for doing so

People join and participate here to learn.

Old 6th February 2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonm
People join and participate here to learn.

i must say my post was based more on my mood at the time as i usually wouldn't bother i am sorry for that, but its still just my opinion and ill be happy to explain y so i dont seem like that much of a dick but how many people got into the game without help did research on their own etc the information is out there.
now as i step off soap box now anyone who knows me i will help anyone who asks for free so really what i im saying is if you cant do the initial legwork u dont need to be in the game just my opinion right or wrong it is what it is.

again apologies to rolf wasn't trying to pick on you
Old 6th February 2008, 05:30 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Highly unlikely