IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th February 2008, 09:10 AM

htmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished road
jp-domains.com

I've heard that jp-domains.com are the best for regging .jp names. Do they have a feature like Dynadot where you can drop the name within 4 days if you reg incorrectly or not?
Old 15th February 2008, 09:16 AM

mgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enough
Re: jp-domains.com

No i believe dynadot are the ones with IDN capability that are offering it.

And probably for not too much longer..
Old 15th February 2008, 09:18 AM

htmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrohan
And probably for not too much longer..
Why do you say that?
Old 15th February 2008, 09:23 AM

mgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enoughmgrohan will become famous soon enough

http://www.icannwatch.org/article.pl...8/01/31/132213
Old 15th February 2008, 05:02 PM

mdw is an unknown quantity at this point

Dynadot just happened to implement the interface. The capability comes from Verisign, don't assume that all registries allow it. Most of the registrars are just too lazy to do it. So even if jp-domains wanted to, they need the registry to support it, or else they get stuck with the crummy domains instead of profit.

Also don't assume that it's going to go away just because domain tasting is getting the hammer. End users who reg the wrong thing don't mind losing a small deposit like $0.30 they will still value the ability to return domains.

It's the guys who try to snag WHOIS queries data and register the names before the searchers that are getting their business model smashed. There's an outfit near me in Miami that has domains in the hundreds of thousands that don't actually pay for them. They just return them after 4-1/2 days and register them again. But not for much longer.
Old 15th February 2008, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

>There's an outfit near me in Miami that has domains in the hundreds of thousands

Moniker? :^)

BTW, he's asking about .jp names, not .com.
Old 15th February 2008, 10:15 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbert
>There's an outfit near me in Miami that has domains in the hundreds of thousands

Moniker? :^)

BTW, he's asking about .jp names, not .com.
Lol .. couldn't resist
Old 15th February 2008, 11:25 PM

Post from dynadot forum, may give a clue how dynadot will handle the new charge?

http://www.dynadot.com/resource/foru...2008-1698.html
Old 16th February 2008, 06:09 AM

Dynadot can (and I think WILL) continue to allow you to return your domain, they will just need to debit YOU the deposit amount since they won't be getting a credit from Verisign.

My point was that this does not apply to .JP, since that registry (or any other ccTLD registry AFAIK) has never had a tasting policy like Verisign's.

And finally [drum roll please] .... Belgium Domains
Old 16th February 2008, 11:41 PM
Administrator

Drewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgyDrewbert is a tad dodgy

Wooh. Last post before the board went south this morning, so we get to blame you, mdw.
Old 20th February 2008, 01:09 AM

sorry about that - I may have accidentally fat-fingered ALT-CMD-NUKE