IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th March 2006, 01:45 PM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough
IDN news type website

Hi all,

Im building a website that will center around IDN's
It will have a sales report, the movers and shakers in the industry, news about country specific IDN decisions, progress reports, or lack of on the implementations surrounding IDN's, etc etc.

Would you guys be willing to give me your sales?
Names (Your name, buyers name) dont have to be involved if you want to keep that info private but a figure that your name has sold for would be desirable.

The site will be concerned only with IDN's and its main function will be to make more people aware of IDN's and their potential.

I would also like to do the ocassional feature article, maybe about one of the industries 'players' (ie. one of you!) How you got into the game, whats the attraction, give readers a general feel for what its all about etc.

There will also maybe a sales section for you to list your names for sale.
This section would be for whiter than white premimum names, there would be no hint of a wrong translation and all names there would have to be independently verified for meaning, what context it is used in etc

I am also looking at getting the website in a few different languages, English, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish (This is a big maybe, dependent on the cost of translation etc)

This is a basic idea and will be a work in progress but I would appreciate any ideas you may have.

What do you think?
Old 25th March 2006, 02:36 PM

idnceo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: IDN news type website

hi!

thats a nice idea! but i would advice to do as you said; i mean share the information on several languages, there are already several websites on english working on IDNs but very few offer information on another languages. i was gonna clone the other day dnjournal.com in japanese but at the end, i will try to start working on one later when i feel im done with my portfolio

IDN are international, so do an international website ; )
Old 25th March 2006, 09:00 PM

huronargentino is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: IDN news type website

Well, its a nice idea, at idnpros i can help you with Spanish, and some also in Chinese.
If you need spanish translation for the website, just pm me.
I will help