IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th March 2006, 02:40 PM

Arkansas is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this old news

when typing a registered and parked spanish idn into my browser in firefox i get not found

but in ie i get

WELCOME

Are you trying to visit "www.macrobotellón.com"?

To navigate directly to Web sites using your own language, VeriSign recommends enabling your Web browser with the i-NavTM plug-in. Click YES to install.

Clicking the YES Install Now button means you have accepted the terms of the End User License Agreement.

More Information

With VeriSign's new i-Nav plug-in, all you need to do is simply type an Internet address in your language in the Internet Explorer address bar and we'll do the rest!
Old 26th March 2006, 02:44 PM
Administrator

thefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished roadthefabfive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to thefabfive
Re: Is this old news

I'm guessing your are trying to visit a site that doesn't exist or you spelled the site wrong. Firefox lets you know that no site exists by that name. IE can't even look for the site (unless you have the plug-in or IE7 beta) and therefore you get that message.
Old 26th March 2006, 03:00 PM
Veteran

blastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enoughblastfromthepast will become famous soon enough
Re: Is this old news

The site goes to a sedo parking page.

Probably this is an effect of a plug in you have installed.