View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2011, 06:25 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: New TLDs may face more GAC delay

I actually consider this to be good reasoning. None of this has become known to ICANN since they appointed Clinton as the keynote. This suggests that they were fully aware of the situation and were still betting their reputation on being able to wrap this up in Silicon Valley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
Personally I think ICANN is going to move forward.

The way I interpret the following passage : is simply a way of saying "we will not discuss the procedure per se, this should not become a procedural debate, etc."

and it makes sense, especially if they want to broadcast it live.

Call me overoptimistic but I think what's happening is textbook bylaws resolution process. ICANN wants to deal with the substance of their disagreement, not the procedure. If unresolved issues remain, they want those identified.. why ? probably because as per subsection 2(1)(k) of the Bylaws, ICANN needs to state the reasons why GAC advice was not followed.