IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

View Poll Results: This forum is going where?
up 18 42.86%
down 24 57.14%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st March 2008, 05:27 AM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough
This forum is going .... where?

This forum is going .... where?
Old 21st March 2008, 05:37 AM

rhys is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: This forum is going .... where?

A forum requires leadership. Where the heck is Craig?
Old 21st March 2008, 05:39 AM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys
A forum requires leadership. Where the heck is Craig?
Either him or someone else resurfaced a few days ago when talks of hacking this place were being discussed in public.
Old 21st March 2008, 05:42 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenius1
Either him or someone else resurfaced a few days ago when talks of hacking this place were being discussed in public.
Oh, well, that's aright then!
Old 21st March 2008, 06:42 AM

clipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the roughclipper is a jewel in the rough

So, it's been hacked, right?
Old 21st March 2008, 08:34 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Don't yah just love the hidden and wide open agendas
Old 21st March 2008, 09:33 AM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot
Don't yah just love the hidden and wide open agendas
Well, if you are pointing at me, I would love to see a well organised and properly run forum, that serves the general purpose of promoting IDN in a positive and constructive way. As that is clearly never going to happen here, then Yes, I would love to see it happen elsewhere. If it happened at DNlocal.com I think that would be a good outcome, but I really wouldn't care where it happened. I just know that it is never going to happen here!
Old 21st March 2008, 10:28 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Well, if you are pointing at me, I would love to see a well organised and properly run forum, that serves the general purpose of promoting IDN in a positive and constructive way. As that is clearly never going to happen here, then Yes, I would love to see it happen elsewhere. If it happened at DNlocal.com I think that would be a good outcome, but I really wouldn't care where it happened. I just know that it is never going to happen here!
Wow- I was not pointing at any person specifically , just a generalization -

However, you do spend an awful lot of time at a place you continually deride and put down - so - should the headwear be of the correct size then wear it with pride.
Old 21st March 2008, 10:40 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot
Wow- I was not pointing at any person specifically , just a generalization -

However, you do spend an awful lot of time at a place you continually deride and put down - so - should the headwear be of the correct size then wear it with pride.
Just because this is where most IDNers hang-out, doesn't mean that it is the place that is going to take our joint business interests forward. But yes, people hang out where other hang-out. Having largely initiated the content of this forum, I feel I have to make no excuses to anyone to post here. I do, however, feel let down as this forum took a lot of setting up and frankly Olney never came through with his end of the deal. Unfortunately, the one thing that he was very good at SEO, is still attracting people here in their droves, despite the fact that he abandoned any attempt to manage the content or the membership many moons ago. Without effective Adminstration, this place can never amount to anything, and for most just represents a stumbling block to their ambition and presents IDNing in a very poor light. We would all have been better off if the place had been killed off rather than just left in limbo.
Old 21st March 2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Just because this is where most IDNers hang-out, doesn't mean that it is the place that is going to take our joint business interests forward. But yes, people hang out where other hang-out. Having largely initiated the content of this forum, I feel I have to make no excuses to anyone to post here. I do, however, feel let down as this forum took a lot of setting up and frankly Olney never came through with his end of the deal. Unfortunately, the one thing that he was very good at SEO, is still attracting people here in their droves, despite the fact that he abandoned any attempt to manage the content or the membership many moons ago. Without effective Adminstration, this place can never amount to anything, and for most just represents a stumbling block to their ambition and presents IDNing in a very poor light. We would all have been better off if the place had been killed off rather than just left in limbo.

You have a huge chip on your shoulder then - no need to reply - just a comment.
Old 21st March 2008, 12:00 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot
You have a huge chip on your shoulder then - no need to reply - just a comment.
No your are not getting away with just a quip.

If you believe in the ongoing viability of this forum, get up on your soap box and make your case. Lets here some rational argument about why this forum deserves to continue to exist and what steps you and others that are proponents are going to take to achieve something of value.
Old 21st March 2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
No your are not getting away with just a quip.

If you believe in the ongoing viability of this forum, get up on your soap box and make your case. Lets here some rational argument about why this forum deserves to continue to exist and what steps you and others that are proponents are going to take to achieve something of value.
Iim stunned- you did reply!

I will quip to my hearts content, perhaps a rule against that in the offing - not on this forum though?

Soapbox - no room on it!
Old 21st March 2008, 12:08 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot
Iim stunned- you did reply!

I will quip to my hearts content, perhaps a rule against that in the offing - not on this forum though?

Soapbox - no room on it!
So basically, you haven't got a clue how this forum could ever be re-established as a viable entity?

Anybody else like to step in and take the Wall Flower's place?
Old 21st March 2008, 12:50 PM

lipps is an unknown quantity at this point

Would love to see this place branch off into a parking media for idn names.
Make it a place for sales and bidding auctions simmilar to sedo.
That would take a substantial investment but for who ever wanted to do it the % of sales and the % for ad revenue could be worth it.
Jmo
Old 21st March 2008, 12:59 PM
Banned

TonyP is an unknown quantity at this point

The Classic Antagonism:

1. We are all set here. We don't care about the others

2. We need fresh blood & fresh money

As long as #1 is prevailing there ain't gonna be big improvements
Old 21st March 2008, 01:04 PM
Banned

TonyP is an unknown quantity at this point

Last edited by TonyP; 21st March 2008 at 01:11 PM..
Old 21st March 2008, 01:26 PM

DavyBUK is an unknown quantity at this point

With no mods or admins I'm surprised the forum has lasted this long ! As Rhys says - Where is Craig ?
Old 21st March 2008, 01:26 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps
Would love to see this place branch off into a parking media for idn names.
Make it a place for sales and bidding auctions simmilar to sedo.
That would take a substantial investment but for who ever wanted to do it the % of sales and the % for ad revenue could be worth it.
Jmo
Maybe, but how can any of that be achieved when the Adminstator of the site has gone AWOL?

I think we all have wish lists, but none of these is going to be achieved by buring that bulbous lump on the end of your neck in the sand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyP
The Classic Antagonism:

1. We are all set here. We don't care about the others

2. We need fresh blood & fresh money

As long as #1 is prevailing there ain't gonna be big improvements
Well in our case, whilst we have done a great deal to try to achieve #2, number #1 is undoubtedly true. The questions is: Why the hell should we care when the "others" won't co-operate with any of the initiatives that have been take to move things forward?

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 21st March 2008 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 21st March 2008, 01:31 PM

yanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished roadyanni is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to yanni Send a message via Skype™ to yanni

Turn it into a .mobi forum.

It'll stay alive.
Old 21st March 2008, 01:31 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyBUK
With no mods or admins I'm surprised the forum has lasted this long ! As Rhys says - Where is Craig ?
The reason it appears is that peoples' aspirations are so low.

The Newbies that turn up here cannot even post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanni
Turn it into a .mobi forum.

It'll stay alive.
Very funny and probably quite correct. Those guys have real ambition and tenancity. If only they had a few brain-cells between them, then they would really be cooking on gas. :p

Last edited by Rubber Duck; 21st March 2008 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost