IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd March 2008, 08:14 PM
Banned

TonyP is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking The name of the game is changing, albeit slowly

The name of the game is changing, albeit slowly...

There is growing sense that you're no longer in the pursuit of that illusive
domain, stock or bond that wll 'fix' your financial situation, or will make you, how to say it - filthy rich.
As a matter of fact, the race for that MOST desirable domain may leave you poorer. The real shtick is what folks generations before us learned: diversify & get your house/portfolio in order. Optimize.
Old 22nd March 2008, 08:48 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: The name of the game is changing, albeit slowly

The super fast racing yacht or indeed car or aeroplane is inherently very unstable.

Stability and diversification are generally two opposing concepts.

The answer is to go for glory when the golden opportunity is there, and then diversify when you run out of killer ideas, so at least you don't screw it all up.

For those that have dropped onto IDN, this is the time to focus. However, I would agree that once you have struck out diversification into a broader range or much less exiting assets make sense. You cannot get rich without taking on risk, or at least what is perceived by the rest of the World to be risky. Once you have made it that level of risk is almost certainly going to too high. But don't consolidate your dreams, consolidate your achievements.
Old 22nd March 2008, 08:52 PM

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

RD, do you realize that this person has been banned from this forum like 10 times now?

Old 22nd March 2008, 08:56 PM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross
RD, do you realize that this person has been banned from this forum like 10 times now?

Are you sure it is him again? I think he is DNL as well, and seems to have been behaving comparatively well.
Old 22nd March 2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Are you sure it is him again? I think he is DNL as well, and seems to have been behaving comparatively well.
I am 95% certain.

Old 22nd March 2008, 11:09 PM
Veteran

Quote:
I am 95% certain.

Well at DNL, when we are sure, we will take the appropriate action.

What can you do here? He has probably landed in several different guises already since you last spoke.
Old 23rd March 2008, 01:36 AM
Banned

whatsup, Doc?
Old 23rd March 2008, 02:32 AM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

From my perspective TonyP is a genuine investor.
Old 23rd March 2008, 03:35 AM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

TonyP is ok. *If* he has behaved badly in the past, that's not the case recently, and thus we should give him a second chance.

He has bought many names from me at very reasonable good prices recently and the transactions had been fast and smooth.

We at DNL, have an admin tool on SMF to compare IPs and will take actions accordingly.
Old 23rd March 2008, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose
TonyP is ok. *If* he has behaved badly in the past, that's not the case recently, and thus we should give him a second chance.

He has bought many names from me at very reasonable good prices recently and the transactions had been fast and smooth.

We at DNL, have an admin tool on SMF to compare IPs and will take actions accordingly.

A second chance? :-) The guy has already been given like 10 chances.

Don't take my word for it. He will show his nasty nature again soon enough. He already blew his cover enough many times exactly because of this.

Old 23rd March 2008, 06:57 AM
Veteran

Well, ultimately the only way to solve this is to charge $20 for all new members, so that creating multiple personalities is beyond the budget of your average moron.

I think it might be time for us to declare a general amnesty and unban everyone and start again, and let them see how they go.

I certainly don't want to censor opinions, and frankly I don't object to people having a crack at me, as long as they are prepare to back it up. Otherwise, expect it to be lofted into the grandstand.

Views and opinions?
Old 23rd March 2008, 07:33 AM

This guy wasn't banned for attacking individuals. He was banned on multiple occasions because of racist remarks against jews, russians, arabs, etc.

Search the forum, it's all there.

Old 23rd March 2008, 08:57 AM

dabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgydabsi is a tad dodgy

He continues, and nobody react. He is probably russian or so with a lot of complexes. At least Gay, I assume.

Dabsi
Old 23rd March 2008, 02:00 PM
Banned

Somebody broke into my acct here & posted several stupid messages.
We traced those to ross/michael jackson
Old 23rd March 2008, 02:06 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyP
Somebody broke into my acct here & posted several stupid messages.
We traced those to ross/michael jackson
You know that did not happen. You are again crossing that fine line here.
Old 23rd March 2008, 02:07 PM
Veteran

Quote:
This guy wasn't banned for attacking individuals. He was banned on multiple occasions because of racist remarks against jews, russians, arabs, etc.

Search the forum, it's all there.

Well I have to agree with your sentiments, but the problem is how do you deal with it. We ban trouble makers and Mulligan stays on the case but it would seem there are no easy answers.

It seems somebody must have hacked this forum because Craig had sort of blocked new members from posting until approved if I remember. Of course that doesn't work very well if you then turn around and disappear. I am guessing somebody must have removed that setting.

Controlling this nonsense is real problem. To some degree you need to create a walled garden, but at the same time you don't want to keep out useful contributors and valuable ideas. Especially as both are in limited supply!
Old 23rd March 2008, 02:07 PM

I thought it was a coincidence that such an unknown could come up with such a nice P&L site, then it clicked. It's you, and you know a lot about finance as you work at Forbes. Yes, I know who you are.

Old 23rd March 2008, 02:11 PM
Veteran

It sounds like the mounty has got his man!

Anonymity is most potent tool of these trouble makers.

Would the real Sci-Fi please step forward?
Old 23rd March 2008, 04:59 PM
Banned

Talking Re: The name of the game is changing, albeit slowly

Sci.FI was registered to Michael Jackson until recently
Old 23rd March 2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyP
Sci.FI was registered to Michael Jackson until recently

LOL, I wish. That is one of the few extremely valuable Finnish domains. The others being WI.FI and HI.FI. Even LO.FI isn't bad.