IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th March 2008, 05:52 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point
Thinking of disposing the remainder of my ascii.

Ascii is becoming a disaster. Thinking of disposing my remaining asciis - the residuals.
Old 25th March 2008, 05:53 PM

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Thinking of disposing the remainder of my ascii.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Ascii is becoming a disaster. Thinking of disposing my remaining asciis.

So where's the pricelist?

Old 25th March 2008, 05:55 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross

You wouldn't want them - .us. didn't spend much, but this proved to be the worst investment i made for domains. I should have met RD before buying them, then i wouldn't buy them!

I'm glad to have invested in idns, at least they pay for themselves. .us sucks - trafficless and there LLL and NNN price keeps dropping.
Old 26th March 2008, 02:44 AM

mdw is an unknown quantity at this point

I sympathize touch, I bought a bunch of .US geo domains and never had time to build the sites. The parked pages got very little traffic and they were not sellable for much either. I did not have time to build the network of sites, and didn't want to keep paying renewals so I finally just dropped them.
Old 26th March 2008, 03:01 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

95% of my traffic income still comes from ascii.

For sales the figure is probably nearer 98% - will be some time before that changes.
Old 26th March 2008, 03:19 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot
95% of my traffic income still comes from ascii.

For sales the figure is probably nearer 98% - will be some time before that changes.

Yes, this is possible if you started domaining early, e.g. 2002-2004. By the time most of us started, ascii is already saturated. This is like buying nasdaq stocks in the new year of 2000!

I don't think i'll be playing the ascii market, there are way too many people into ascii and many experts. And look at the ascii snap prices, simply incredible and impossible to make money.

Just the recent:

Quote:
Hedges.com dropped a few minutes ago and has entered a three day namejet auction with 156 bidders all hoping to win this great domain.
156 bidders for a lousy name!! Can you imagine that? If it were snap, maybe 300 bidders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdw
I sympathize touch, I bought a bunch of .US geo domains and never had time to build the sites. The parked pages got very little traffic and they were not sellable for much either. I did not have time to build the network of sites, and didn't want to keep paying renewals so I finally just dropped them.

Thanks. Luckily, i bought only some, at that time, i thought that dot us will be a good bet. I'm wrong. Yes, they are mostly trafficless and ranking is almost impossible for english asciis.

Because of my .us experience, i'm quite wary of extensions other than dot com. No traffic, there's no fallback if the speculation cools down. At least with PPC, you can wait out! :p

Last edited by touchring; 26th March 2008 at 03:45 AM..
Old 26th March 2008, 05:49 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I'm glad to have invested in idns, at least they pay for themselves. .us sucks - trafficless and there LLL and NNN price keeps dropping.
That is because it is old hat! LLLLL.com is where all the action is now. :p

You have to stay with the Hype.
Old 26th March 2008, 05:53 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck

Well, i don't want to change extension every 6 mths. If we are to play hype, we'll lose to the big boys with registrar connections. I rather invest in something mainstream - that is dot com.
Old 26th March 2008, 06:28 AM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Well, i don't want to change extension every 6 mths. If we are to play hype, we'll lose to the big boys with registrar connections. I rather invest in something mainstream - that is dot com.
Dot Com is the extension with momentum and the more ICANN fuck about the more that will be true.
Old 26th March 2008, 04:46 PM

xndashdash is on a distinguished roadxndashdash is on a distinguished roadxndashdash is on a distinguished roadxndashdash is on a distinguished roadxndashdash is on a distinguished roadxndashdash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck

Especially if they're palindromes!
Old 9th April 2008, 05:31 PM
Veteran

Quote:

Had not been marketing much, but some progress. I just got an offer of $800 by pm on DNF from an established domain reseller.

FUELCELLCARS.US
INSURANCEPOLICY.US
PROPERTYAUCTION.US
SPORTSFISHING.US
LIFEINSURANCEPOLICY.US
DECORATIVEARTS.US

Anyone interested, you can pm me. Only offers equal or more than $900 will be considered. Thanks.
Old 9th April 2008, 07:09 PM

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Had not been marketing much, but some progress. I just got an offer of $800 by pm on DNF from an established domain reseller.

FUELCELLCARS.US
INSURANCEPOLICY.US
PROPERTYAUCTION.US
SPORTSFISHING.US
LIFEINSURANCEPOLICY.US
DECORATIVEARTS.US

Anyone interested, you can pm me. Only offers equal or more than $900 will be considered. Thanks.

LMAO, first you didn't want to give a price list, now you come with a pricelist and trying to play buyers against each other? Haha!

Old 9th April 2008, 07:11 PM
Veteran

Dot US will be the next after Mobi and Asia trying to use IDN to save its sorry arse!
Old 9th April 2008, 07:26 PM

lipps is an unknown quantity at this point

The only way I could ever see any value in a dot asia would be in the idn market and that is only if it would be accepted in the asian countries. I suspect that it will not. I have already seen "sellmyhome . asia on the market lol.
I also really think that the majority of the new idn.idn extensions are going to go the same way as the .us. There will be a mass purchase then a year or 2 later people will be trying to unload them for reg fees. This with the exception of the Russian and Korean extensions as the countries are trying to show their independance and this global change will help to bring that about.
As far as IDN in .us I am sure there is a huge market for a yiddish .us page

I have pretty much let go of most of my ascii domains with an exception of the traffic producing ones. I have seen many drop and picked up very quickly then posted in the forums for overinflated prices. They didnt sell.... Worse yet I recently saw a 2 character dot net go for less than 2k. Sad. Would have brought much more a year back

As noted on the price guide prices are remaining fairly unchanged http://www.3character.com/priceguide.html

Last edited by lipps; 9th April 2008 at 07:38 PM..
Old 9th April 2008, 07:40 PM
Veteran

Quote:
LMAO, first you didn't want to give a price list, now you come with a pricelist and trying to play buyers against each other? Haha!

There's no playing against each other. I gave him a BIN, he counteroffered. If someone else is willing to offer close to my BIN (which will just cover my acquisition and renewal costs), i will sell. No haggling over price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps
The only way I could ever see any value in a dot asia would be in the idn market and that is only if it would be accepted in the asian countries. I suspect that it will not. I have already seen "sellmyhome . asia on the market lol.
I also really think that the majority of the new idn.idn extensions are going to go the same way as the .us. There will be a mass purchase then a year or 2 later people will be trying to unload them for reg fees. This with the exception of the Russian and Korean extensions as the countries are trying to show their independance and this global change will help to bring that about.
As far as IDN in .us I am sure there is a huge market for a yiddish .us page

I have pretty much let go of most of my ascii domains with an exception of the traffic producing ones. I have seen many drop and picked up very quickly then posted in the forums for overinflated prices. They didnt sell.... Worse yet I recently saw a 2 character dot net go for less than 2k. Sad. Would have brought much more a year back

As noted on the price guide prices are remaining fairly unchanged http://www.3character.com/priceguide.html

idn version of dot asia will be even more worthless than the english version.

dot com is stronger in asia than even in america.

Look at the chart for .com in japan, the climb past 2 years is phenomenal, i suspect that a lot of the climb came from idn.com searches - http://www.google.com/trends?q=.com%...ate=all&sort=0

Last edited by touchring; 9th April 2008 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 9th April 2008, 08:53 PM
Veteran

jose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nicejose is just really nice

Quote:
Look at the chart for .com in japan, the climb past 2 years is phenomenal, i suspect that a lot of the climb came from idn.com searches - http://www.google.com/trends?q=.com%...ate=all&sort=0
Something not right with that chart.... .jp most typed in... Portuguese?!?!

Look at this one:
http://www.google.com/trends?q=.jp%2...ate=all&sort=0

Last edited by jose; 9th April 2008 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost