IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th March 2008, 06:33 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to thegenius1
Rick Threw in the Towel

My last Blog post

Good Evening Folks,

A year ago I decided to write a book. 75 posts later, that book is done.

http://www.ricksblog.com/

Seems that Mr. Schwartz is heading off into development.

Last edited by thegenius1; 27th March 2008 at 06:40 PM..
Old 27th March 2008, 07:15 PM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: Rick Threw in the Towel

Or may be he thought he was wasting his time preaching to fools!
Old 27th March 2008, 07:19 PM

thegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this pointthegenius1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Or may be he thought he was wasting his time preaching to fools!
Yeah thats what this guy thinks

Hey, Take a Chill Pill!
Thursday, March 27th, 2008

The domain industry isn’t perfect, but you need not run for the hills.

I got a kick out of a message posted on Rick Schwartz’s blog after he announced he would stop blogging:

"I hope you all realize what is going on here. The message should be loud and clear. Rick has been warning everybody all year to help him mount a defense against what is coming. Very few are paying attention, and very few are helping him build the fort to protect against the coming invaders. So, rather than waste is time blogging to people who don’t listen, he is leaving us to fend for ourselves and he will use his new found time to mount his own defense (probably by developing some of his domains and selling others). We have lost our visionary and a big industry voice.

WAKE UP PEOPLE! Rick stops blogging, Frank stops blogging, Yahoo kills arbitrage, Ask/Google, Snowe Bill.

The writing is on the wall."

Man, people sure do read into things! My guess is that Schwartz discovered how much work blogging is and decided he didn’t want to do it. It’s not worth his time. And Frank Schilling has a $20 million a year empire to manage, and blogging 24/7 doesn’t make sense. As a fellow writer, I’ve seen many blogs start and stop over the past several years.

http://domainnamewire.com/2008/03/27...-a-chill-pill/

Last edited by thegenius1; 27th March 2008 at 07:26 PM..
Old 27th March 2008, 07:31 PM

mdw is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe people just aren't reading it
Old 28th March 2008, 03:23 AM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdw
maybe people just aren't reading it
Or possibly it is just too time consuming to moderate the huge number of derisive posts to find something he can post in the 'comments' area?
Old 28th March 2008, 03:55 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Subprime is worst in florida where many top domainers live, so i guess the mood is being affected.
Old 28th March 2008, 05:54 AM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchring
Subprime is worst in florida where many top domainers live, so i guess the mood is being affected.
This is nothing to do with Sub-Prime. That was just an initial symptom. The whole economy is a complete train crash.

The daft thing is because Americans understand so little about economics, Wall Street hasn't crashed yet. Trust me, it will.
Old 28th March 2008, 07:56 AM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
The daft thing is because Americans understand so little about economics, Wall Street hasn't crashed yet. Trust me, it will.

I think so. The chinese government has done a better job by deflating the bubbles before the olympics.

The Fed and american government is still supporting the bubbles through central banks bailout, fake AAA and economic data.

There will come a day when the market loses faith that central bank bailouts will work, and the credit bubble will explode and bring down the stock market.

Anyway, i bought some SKF, watching.
Old 28th March 2008, 08:08 AM

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenius1
Seems that Mr. Schwartz is heading off into development.

I think the snowe bill really shook him up.

The snow bill signifies that corporate america has finally realized the value of good domains. When corporate interests team up about something like this, they won't give up. Their first attempt will be lame, just to see if a lame attempt will fly. If not, they will come back with more and more attempts, each one stronger than the last. If you don't believe this, just look at how they have lobbied for software patents in europe. They would've won the last time, if it hadn't been for Poland. I have a lot of respect for Poland now. They will play dirty, too. I heard that Micros~1 threatened to shut down ~1000 jobs in Norway if they didn't vote pro-software patents. They also launched smear campaigns on every politician they could who didn't support software patents.

Rick is right. We haven't heard the last of this.

Old 28th March 2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross
I think the snowe bill really shook him up.

The snow bill signifies that corporate america has finally realized the value of good domains. When corporate interests team up about something like this, they won't give up. Their first attempt will be lame, just to see if a lame attempt will fly. If not, they will come back with more and more attempts, each one stronger than the last. If you don't believe this, just look at how they have lobbied for software patents in europe. They would've won the last time, if it hadn't been for Poland. I have a lot of respect for Poland now. They will play dirty, too. I heard that Micros~1 threatened to shut down ~1000 jobs in Norway if they didn't vote pro-software patents. They also launched smear campaigns on every politician they could who didn't support software patents.

Rick is right. We haven't heard the last of this.

Well i wont say exactly what I'm thinking because i don't know who is watching this board.
But i will say if they are after "that crowd" this crowd will be in the $ for along time.
Old 29th March 2008, 05:52 AM
Veteran

Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
"Forward, the Light Brigade!
"Charge for the guns!" he said:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.