IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Discussions > General Discussion

General Discussion Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th March 2008, 01:58 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough
A new skin for the forum?

Similar to that at Namepros.com ?

Sunglasses or some form of protective eyeware recommended.
Old 29th March 2008, 05:48 AM
Veteran

Location: Czech Republic (For those of you from USA = Chechnya)
Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about
Re: A new skin for the forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot

Rick has obviously paid RJ a hefty sum to get his domains in front of 87,000 of the dummest domainers in the business. Mind you, they will probably get at bit confused by the quality.
Old 29th March 2008, 05:57 AM

mdw is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Duck
Rick has obviously paid RJ a hefty sum to get his domains in front of 87,000 of the dummest domainers in the business....
I see you posting there all the time. And most of the people you insult spell it "dumbest".
Old 29th March 2008, 05:59 AM
Veteran

Rubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura aboutRubber Duck has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdw
I see you posting there all the time. And most of the people you insult spell it "dumbest".
Whatever. Either way at least 50% of them will end up out of pocket on domaining.
Old 29th March 2008, 06:24 AM

mdw is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably a lot more than 50% - then again the same might be true for IDNers.
Old 29th March 2008, 07:55 AM

Wot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enoughWot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Rick has obviously paid RJ a hefty sum to get his domains in front of 87,000 of the dummest domainers in the business. Mind you, they will probably get at bit confused by the quality.

A lot of very smart domainers over there amongst the newbies, definitely many more than here - but them that's the numbers game.

Perhaps Rick will be approaching Olney ( if they can find him) or you for similar exposure via the respective forums - or perhaps you prefer not to be exposed!
Old 29th March 2008, 08:06 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot
A lot of very smart domainers over there amongst the newbies, definitely many more than here - but them that's the numbers game.

Perhaps Rick will be approaching Olney ( if they can find him) or you for similar exposure via the respective forums - or perhaps you prefer not to be exposed!
No, I don't require to be signed up for a hard sale on a lot of lame names. :p
Old 31st March 2008, 09:13 AM

htmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished roadhtmlindex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot
I nearly went blind when I logged into NP a few days ago :o

Quote:
I wonder how much it cost Rick to sponser the NP skin. Sure would've cost an arm & a leg to do it.
Old 31st March 2008, 09:16 AM

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wot

You ever been in an american burger joint called "Hardees" ?

Old 31st March 2008, 02:03 PM

tee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enoughtee1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross
You ever been in an american burger joint called "Hardees" ?
Those still exist:o
Old 31st March 2008, 07:43 PM

xxbossmanxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xxbossmanxx Send a message via MSN to xxbossmanxx Send a message via Skype™ to xxbossmanxx

Hardees hot ham and cheese sandwich's rock! Too bad I'm like 2k miles from one.
Old 1st April 2008, 12:53 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

Here's the NP/ Rick Latona gig:
He is getting publicity to get people to sign up for his daily domain sales lists.
Here is sample of todays offerings...WHAT no idns? :o

HudDefault.com and HudDefaults.com - The Pair for $450
HomeOwnerDefaults.com - $750
FederalMandates.com - $2000
Prodding.com - $2000
Crooning.com - $2000
TrafficAdvisories.com - $3000
tid.net - $3000
BaseballSchool.com - $25,000
WestValleyCity.com and WestValleyCity.net - (This is the second largest city in Utah with 120,000 people.) Own the pair of names for $30,000
Old 1st April 2008, 01:55 AM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

I think Latona is still sussing it out. Despite the IDNers here 'getting it' quickly, the learning curve is steep. What language to start with, what extension, how to quantify search propensity, foreign compound-word complexity... the list goes on.
Old 1st April 2008, 04:03 AM

mulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enoughmulligan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammascalper
I think Latona is still sussing it out. Despite the IDNers here 'getting it' quickly, the learning curve is steep. What language to start with, what extension, how to quantify search propensity, foreign compound-word complexity... the list goes on.

Old 1st April 2008, 04:16 AM
Veteran

gammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished roadgammascalper is on a distinguished road

The exponential drop from "knows everything" to "knows nothing" is too funny!

Er, and there's a little truth to it.
Old 1st April 2008, 04:44 AM

Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road

I love the knowledge curve. And yeap, there was a moment at which I thought I knew an awful lot about JDNs. :p
Old 1st April 2008, 05:05 AM

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu
I love the knowledge curve. And yeap, there was a moment at which I thought I knew an awful lot about JDNs. :p

Speaking a language, even natively, does not give you one gram of insight as to how the population at large will behave. I am beginning to learn about type-in traffic across different languages that I speak and let me tell you the reality is surprising, but the results are starting to come in.

Old 1st April 2008, 06:02 AM

Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross
Speaking a language, even natively, does not give you one gram of insight as to how the population at large will behave. I am beginning to learn about type-in traffic across different languages that I speak and let me tell you the reality is surprising, but the results are starting to come in.

I have no doubt about that... I often get stunned by kinds of JDNs my fellow country men reg for their commercial sites, blogs, etc.