IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names  
Home | Advertise on idnforums | Premium Membership

Go Back   IDN Forums - Internationalized Domain Names > IDN Development > IDN Domain Registration

IDN Domain Registration Discussion for registering IDN domain names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:19 AM

Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road
The most reliable registrar

Which IDN registrar do you think is the safest to keep your important domains?

I feel a little insecure with my current registrar and would like to move my best domains elsewhere.

Is there any registrar out there that provides extra security, etc? Where do these big ascii players keep their top names?

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:22 AM

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The most reliable registrar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu
Which IDN registrar do you think is the safest to keep your important domains?

I feel a little insecure with my current registrar and would like to move my best domains elsewhere.

Is there any registrar out there that provides extra security, etc? Where do these big ascii players keep their top names?

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

MONIKER

Old 2nd April 2008, 02:43 PM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

I think there are good track records at at Dynadot, Domainsite, Moniker, Tucows, and ENOM. Of those, Dynadot is probably the smallest.
Some, ENOM in particular has not so good customer service IMO. Domainsite has great customer service once you link onto an account manager. Quick response by email or phone.
Old 2nd April 2008, 03:00 PM
Veteran

touchring is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross
MONIKER

Thanks. what is the rate you are getting from moniker? I'm getting $7.49 if i've not remmebered wrongly.
Old 3rd April 2008, 01:38 PM

Ryu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished roadRyu is on a distinguished road

Thank you MJ and Bill.

To MJ, why do you think moniker is the most reliable? Or did you mean that big boys use moniker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhhisc
Of those, Dynadot is probably the smallest.
You mean smartest, right?
Old 3rd April 2008, 01:43 PM

markits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enoughmarkits will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu
Thank you MJ and Bill.

You mean smartest, right?
Bill means "smallest" in terms of the number of domains they hold.
Old 3rd April 2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu
To MJ, why do you think moniker is the most reliable? Or did you mean that big boys use moniker?

Yes, the big boys use moniker. Also, as blast put it, if they will protect spammers, then they will protect you, too. Meaning that, with other registrars, if somebody wants to steal your domain, then they will send out spam with your domain in the return address or link in the body, and then notify your registrar that you are using your domain to spam. Nearly all registrars have it in their T&C now that they will delete your domain if this happens, which is really bullshit as you obviously can not prevent people from doing this to set you up. Moniker does not have this type of rule in their T&C AFAIK.

Old 3rd April 2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross
Yes, the big boys use moniker. Also, as blast put it, if they will protect spammers, then they will protect you, too. Meaning that, with other registrars, if somebody wants to steal your domain, then they will send out spam with your domain in the return address or link in the body, and then notify your registrar that you are using your domain to spam. Nearly all registrars have it in their T&C now that they will delete your domain if this happens, which is really bullshit as you obviously can not prevent people from doing this to set you up. Moniker does not have this type of rule in their T&C AFAIK.

Very interesting.. Thanks a lot for your input.
Old 3rd April 2008, 04:46 PM

zorglub is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to zorglub Send a message via Yahoo to zorglub Send a message via Skype™ to zorglub

Thanks Ross, very educating. I didn't think there were people using this kind of tactics to steal a domain...
Old 3rd April 2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorglub
Thanks Ross, very educating. I didn't think there were people using this kind of tactics to steal a domain...

People will use whatever it takes to get the job done. From trying to hack your mail server, your ISP's switch ports, sending you spam with exploits, phishing with the Adwords mails, trying to assume your identity, etc. I'm guessing that those Adwords phishing mails aren't going out to the general population, but are the result of targeted email harvesting from whois.

Old 3rd April 2008, 06:55 PM

mdw is an unknown quantity at this point

I think dynadot has the most robust user interface and I feel safest at Moniker. Therefore I split lots of gTLD and sTLD domains between them, because I'm too paranoid to put all my eggs in one basket. I still have a small number at other places like domainsite, but I'm transferring them away gradually because their website is so lame.

I use JP Domains for .jp because Michael there offers first-rate customer service, and I had such a horrible experience with others.

Old 3rd April 2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdw
I use JP Domains for .jp because Michael there offers first-rate customer service, and I had such a horrible experience with others.
Yes, he sure does. I have had nothing but top notch service from JP-Domains. Worth every bit of the extra money.

Old 4th April 2008, 01:45 AM

TrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished road

Has anyone heard of Webnic.cc? They claim to be the fastest growing B2B domain name reseller network in Asia Pacific. Their price seems to be quite good at $6.95 for regular .coms with a deposit of $5,000 that can be applied towards your regs. Anyone used them and can comment about their reliability and security?
Old 11th April 2008, 07:51 AM

TrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished roadTrafficDomainer is on a distinguished road

Any other good IDN registrar with a reseller program that anyone can recommend that accepts IDN registration in unicode form? Would be great if codes are provided for faster implementation using API.

Last edited by TrafficDomainer; 11th April 2008 at 08:45 AM..
Old 14th October 2010, 09:49 AM

aaron.lee@webnic is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to aaron.lee@webnic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficDomainer View Post
Has anyone heard of Webnic.cc? They claim to be the fastest growing B2B domain name reseller network in Asia Pacific. Their price seems to be quite good at $6.95 for regular .coms with a deposit of $5,000 that can be applied towards your regs. Anyone used them and can comment about their reliability and security?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficDomainer View Post
Any other good IDN registrar with a reseller program that anyone can recommend that accepts IDN registration in unicode form? Would be great if codes are provided for faster implementation using API.
Hi TrafficDomainer,

Thanks for your kind words. i realize this is a really old thread, but we do have a reseller program that accepts IDN registration in unicode

we also have a (newly launched) version of our API that is more robust, and handles IDN registrations wonderfully
  • CO.IN/NET.IN/ORG.IN at only USD$4.99
For these, and other promos, check out our Promotions!http://www.webnic.cc/promotions.html

WebNIC.cc - ICANN Accredited: The widest selection of Asian ccTLDs at Rock-Bottom Prices!
Old 14th October 2010, 10:55 AM

bwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enoughbwhhisc will become famous soon enough

from their website:
ABOUT WEBNIC
Webnic, is the leading ICANN accredited Registrar in Asia with offices in Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Taiwan. We focus on offering our partners low pricing in gTLDs and many ccTLDs.

Serving over 1,600 reseller partners in over 60 countries and managing over 750,000 domain names, currently rank Top 30 registrar in the world. For more info logon to www.webnic.cc

***for my 2 cents, you should have a much stronger IDN marketing presence on your home page given your market appears to be strong in Asia. Even a few IDN examples would be eyecatching.